Lately i have bought a PS3 with GT5. Mainly i use the PS3 for the BR function with excels perfectly. On my PC i race Race On with all expansions, and the PS3 for GT5, my G27 in my home made cockpit.
GT5 is a funny game, nothing more than that. I race with no help at all at simulation level and its a cookie. I dont have to drive as clean as i have to with Race On. I do understand if people claim that GT5 is a sim. I dont want to start the "rage of war about sim-arcade never ending discussion" but the difference between Gt5 and Race On are HUGE! When i want to have fun i start up GT5. Do some races of 3 or 4 laps and I'll get another car or more, some exp points and some money.
But if i want to race i start up Race On. Select an race event or continue 1 of the 5 custom championships. I'll drive about 45 minutes of practice to finetune my car for the conditions (weather is set on variable), go for a full 30 minutes qualify, For about 3 rounds of warm up and then start two races each about 20 laps with a mandatory pit stop and weight penalty's on. And say three hours later im tired.
Race On has a completely different focus than GT5. Probably GT5 is also a sim in its own race genre but compared to Race On for my experience is purely arcade fun (which can be hard sometimes). Its not about the difficulty of becoming nr1 (try flatout 2 to end al races at nr1) but its the whole package. The console has a completely different focus than a PC.

1. Brighter graphics - I stopped using GTR-EVO because it was so dark compared to GTR2 and, the best, rFactor.
2. Real weather.
3. More realistic, selectable, time-of-day. If it's noon, I want to see hard, short shadows if its sunny.
4. A definite sun position.

almost 2012 and we have no news related to the new game...
shift 2 was a again a fake sim, gt5 have a poor AI

is forza 4 all we will have as option for a 2010s sim race?

grid 2 only for the end of 2012 or 2013... =(

How ya doin Bram? I've been trying to get SimBin to post something because people are starting to lose interest and starting to lean more toward rFactor2! Personally I will most likely own both of them at some point but in recent polls rFactor2 is the most anticipated title at this time!! Also ISI has been pretty good about keeping up to date on their progress with this sim. I am sure there are a lot of people out there questioning whether or not a GTR3 is even being worked on or will ever be released!!

I think the shoe should be on the other foot with these series lining ug to give these developers money to include their form of racing IT"S GREAT ADVERTISEMENT and BOOSTS INTERESTS IN THE DIFFERENT SERIES!!!!

• Unregistered

Hope they get away from the "more forgiving" tire modeling and get back to the more challenging models in the GTR2002 mod and GTR. Of course with multicore processors they should be able to model a really accurate tire and suspension movement.

MoTec softwate interface, please!!!
It's very hard to trust only your feelings when you're about to set up the car.
Well...endurance series with longer races would be nice too...ALMS, LMS, ILMC with prototypes and all the categories...

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 58 9.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 30 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 39 6.3%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.3%