"The product at the end of the day needs to appeal to both sides, hardcore racer as awell and the casual gamer. A game that does that really really well is Formula One."

Seriously? You wanna give us physics similar to F1 and call it a hardcore sim? Sounds like a paradox to me....

Ok here is the deal. gtr3 = hardcore sim. consoles dont do sims they have simcade such as gran turismo and forza. please do no spoil what could be the best sim in history by making it apeal to both console and pc. if you want it on a console make slighly different physics for console versions.

Yall are getting flustered over hypotheticals when there is basically nothing known about what they want to do besides this very, very early statement.

I imagine they will do what they have already done in RaceRoom. They have the simulation stuff for the sim racers, and then more casualized physics modes for beginners, new comers, and casual players. Adding things like ABS, stability control, TC, etc. does plenty to make it more 'casual' for a console crowd if they really decide to do that... yet the regular simulation stuff is still the highlight, and is what the other physics modes are inevitably built from. :p

What I hope to finally get is...

- Graphic and dashboard displays as in pC.A.R.S.
- Race settings as in GTR2 (easy way to select which classes and which particular cars will take part in race)
- Physics as is announced but with one change. Don't make PC version strictly SIM and console version strictly casual
-Option to save the race and continue it later as in GTR2
- Modability as in GTR2

Yeah, best sounds I never heard on any sim.
It is actually possible to hear exactly the same in R3E, but you need to use the Static TV cams or switch on Free Cam mode.
The intensity of the reverb effect will depend on the place you will stand, so I'd suggest large grandstands in start/finish straights like Monza or Portimao in exemple ;)

The wait is over.

And i wouldn`t worry about hardcore and arcade version. Its simple a switch, between GetReal and Casual, so...doesn`t matter (IMHO).

Do you think the "new" Simbin can pick up where the "old" Simbin left off with the GTR franchise?
Nope...for several reasons. The most important ones: time laps. Eleven years and a reorganisation in Simbins department. The game business has changed a lot. Consoles have conquered the market. Hardcore PC simulation as DCS A10C is niche deluxe. On one side heavy PC's and on the other light consoles. Console clones for PC were created to expand the markets business model.
The whole word "simulation" has been ripped apart. For me simulation is not bound to "fun", unless it is a "fun simulation" but even then:O_o:. I wont say DCS A-10C is fun to play.
Anyways, the Simbin team that created GTR and GTR2 simply is no more and thus wont GTR3 be in line of the excellent GTR2. In the end KW suspensions is aiming to sell more...suspensions using a game as commercial media while the earlier Simbin wanted to create a beautiful race game GTR2

Which series would you prefer Simbin to licence for the new title?

Well i think it is going to the the ADAC as they are fully licenses for that serie in R3E. The pic shows the Norisring....

Setting out to emulate Codies products doesn't give me a good feeling. In any case by the time this is ready we should have Reiza's new sim, a fully optimised rF2 and maybe even AC2 so there will still be plenty of sims to play whether or not this is any good.

Don't read too much into the codemasters example.

The idea of having optional driving aids for less experienced players, while maintaining a full on Simulation handling model for the hardcore crowd is nothing new and has been industry standard for a while now.

It will be up to the player to decide how much simulation he can handle.

I'm sure that fans of SimBin / Sector3 games won't be disappointed :)

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 26 9.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 15 5.4%
  • Yearly

Votes: 21 7.6%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 5 1.8%