GTR Evolution: Use Sequential Shifting and tiptronic

Hi there,

does anyone know if it is possible to assign multiple keys to the control mappings? because i got the DFGT wheel and it has a seq. shifter, but also tiptronic. i like to use the seq. shifter because it just feels fun, but sometimes it makes it a bit hard, e.g. on Nordschleife in the very "cornery" sections. These are the moments i wish i could shift using the tiptronic keys.

In NFS shift for example both options worked at the same time, but it seems that in GTR evo i have to decide which one to use because there is only one assignment allowed within the controls.

Just wanna make sure i'm not missing something here - has anyone set it that up like that, or does it work like that for anyone?

thanks!

Hi,

it's possible alright, just a bit fiddly. In GTR Evo I map the shift up and shift down functions to the keys A and Z in the profile for the wheel. I then use xpadder 5.3 (the last free version) to map both shifting methods on the wheel to the A and Z keys as appropriate. I won't go into the details of xpadder, your better off reading that elsewhere. In practice it works fine, you just have to remember to start xpadder before starting Evo. I now automatically start xpadder with Windows. :)

Also you mention you're using the DFGT, I've used the DFP and I think you may be able to perform similar mappings in the Logitech Profiler software, but I'm not sure...

hope this helps...

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 11 15.9%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 9 13.0%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 9 13.0%
  • Thursday

Votes: 11 15.9%
  • Friday

Votes: 29 42.0%
  • Saturday

Votes: 33 47.8%