HoF and Discussion (Propose Game Ideas Here)

• Deleted member 161052

I can moderate the next RPS season, but the only one decision is yet to come...

As I said I will use something other than formula-car racing, here it is. Below is explanation, and I am sure that there are some holes. So any question will be very much appreciated. I would like that we discuss it at least 4-5 days, so even if we can't make it to something that can start, at least I can improve it for my own joy.:thumbsup:

Motorcycle racing manager

- In this game you are in charge of motorcycle racing team which competes in motor-racing championship.
Teams
- Teams can have 1-3 riders (you can choose how many riders will participate in each race, you are paying small fee for each rider).
- Each team has to choose engine, tyre and chassis supplier. Or create their own engine and chassis, but this is expansive for start.
More information below.

- Engine and chassis have specific wear and reliability. They wear out over the race and part of it can be fixed between races. You must pay for each new engine and chassis that you use.
- Tyres have 2 dry compound, 1 wet (weather TBD in season 2, yes I know it's bad, but it's just to big to do it as I wish at the moment). Each tyre has it's speed and wear.
- Drivers have next characteristics: Speed, Corner, Brake, OvertakeAtt, OvertakeDef, TyreUse, FuelUse, ChassisUse, age. Each characteristic increases/decreases depending on driver's age and race results, after each race.
- It is possible to get trainer which will increase training effect for specific characteristic.
- Race weekend consists of practice, qualification and race.
- You as a manager are required to give pace, fuel and tyre compound for each of your drivers, for up to 5 laps in practice (each lap is payed 10000$).
There will be few days window to send your commands, before running practice session. This can be agreed later.
- You also have to give pace, fuel and tyre compound for each of your drivers, for 1 lap in qualification (just 1 lap, no out-lap and in-lap).
Here, you also have couple of days to send your commands.
- After results of qualification have been posted you will have few days to give paces/strategy, fuel and tyre compound for race.

- Paces are numbers 1-10 (no decimals, so 1.3 is not valid pace).
- Strategy for race consists of 2 paces and 2 values for laps: pace1, pace2, lapstart, laps
pace1 - pace which rider uses if current lap is not in range [lapstart,lapstart+laps]
pace - pace which rider uses if current lap is in range [lapstart,lapstart+laps]
For example: pace1=3, pace2=9, lapstart=19, laps=6
This means that rider will use pace=3 from start until lap 19 and also after lap 25 until the finish.
While it will use pace=9 between laps 19 and 25 (including those 2 laps, 7 laps in total).
Race results will be updated in 2-5 days, I will usually write comments for couple of laps per day, depending of how exciting it is on track.

- Points system - TBD (depending of number of drivers, but probably MotoGP points system 25-20-16...)
- Sponsors - 3 groups which give money depending of goals that they require. group 1 will require you to be champion or in top 5, while group 3 will be satisfied with couple of points through whole season.
- Season result prizes - TBD (total prize fond is 5000000$ x number_of_teams, there is some kind of salary cap to avoid that some teams get to strong). If you want it, I will write this in detail tomorrow.
- Riders - I have generated 100 riders, using names from 1990, 1995, 2000, 2005, 2010 and 2014 MotoGP seasons. There are drivers with age in range 20 to 33 and with overall skill from 77 to 98 (99.99 is maximum:cool:).
- Chassis - available at start are Suter, FTR and Kalex. Later there will be even engine factories, which will provide whole package (chassis+engine) to chosen team. Chassis has wear value and also cornering value.
- Engines - for now Honda, Yamaha, Ducati and Aprilia. New suppliers could join in next seasons.
- Tyres - for now Dunlop and Bridgestone.
- Tracks - I am taking real tracks and setting different values for: speed, braking, cornering. Each track has these 3 values for all 4 sectors. Each track has different overtaking possibility. For now, time for each sector is calculated but overtaking is done only once in 1 lap. Plan is to have overtaking based on sectors, so that you can for example lose position in sector 1 and than get back in front in sector 3. This is also planned for season 2.

As far as racing is concerned, I have planned that we have 3 pre-season race for testing and getting to know with the game. You can use 2 different engine, chassis and tyres, and you don't pay anything for these races. Based on results of the races, sponsors will approach you and give their terms. After that you must choose engine, chassis and tyres (some sponsors may require specific supplier). Also riders, you must choose even before pre-season races.

I'm looking forward to your feedback, hit it.:)

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 301 34.5%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 245 28.1%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 164 18.8%
  • Watch party

Votes: 67 7.7%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 24 2.8%