HoF and Discussion (Propose Game Ideas Here)

I don't think FFG will return anytime soon, seems that Aidan has more important stuff going on lately. Even if it continued, I'm not so sure there'd still be enough people for it.

I dearly miss CGPM, but unfortunately Tapio doesn't have enough spare time for running it anymore.

GP4 shouldn't be used for any potential new games, I think we overdosed on it. AMS and rF2 would make for some alternatives, can't say anything about modding in those 2 though. rF2 AI apparently is quite decent from what I've read.

like half a year ago, or even more, i walked around with the idea of superleague formula, where the calendar whoud contain loads of tracks we don't race on in other series. but that idea died quickly. i'm planning on picking up rfactor 2 in the steam sale tomorrow, maybe that has something of use, and although i'm not as active on RD as i've used too, i do miss the excitement of forum games. the loss of FFG will be huge, i woke up early just to watch part 2 races of all the races, to see how well (or bad) it ended, but personal life comes first.

I'll make a promise to you guys, that if there is any way to keep FFG alive and going, it will be explored. At the moment it takes a lot of time to get going, Aus internet is still s*** and it takes a long time too. A twice a week series would be awesome, but difficult too.
Lot of organisation on my part which.. isn't really a strong point of mine.

Yeah I've come to the realisation that doing gp4 sim twice a week takes too much time for me atm. Knowing this I've only gotten more respect for @kedy89 giving he's done 2 races a week for quite some time. I might go to two races a week in the future but for now it's not a possibility sadly.

During the Legacy Manager building process I've also made a RPG game inspired by "BATracer" (don't know if you know this game)
But this is still an excel thing... however it is made so you can interact with each other and introduce a real Team play (work on the car with your teammate to set it perfectly for the qualif & race)

OK guys, I have a solid plan for a new simulation game. It's a bit different, but operates on a similar principle, as it revolves around betting on the occurences in a racing series.

Global Formula Automobilista.
The Global Formula Automobilista is a championship held on Automobilista using AI drivers on real world tracks. The teams and drivers are fictional, but all have their own skills and attributes. Race Weekends are simulated, and a video will be produced, along with results and a championship. However, players of the game do not enter a car or a driver. This is a game of betting.

20 drivers in 10 teams compete across an 11*this will change depending on tracks Reiza release race calendar on Automobilista. The cars used will be the Formula Ultimate series (Effectively 2017 F1 cars), and only default AMS tracks will be used*for the time being.

Race Department members who want to join are allocated a starting bank of money. Before each round, users must place bets for anything they like based on the race weekend. The moderator (@Jimlaad43) will at some point give you odds for the bet, and you can adjust your bet accordingly if you aren't happy with them. You can place as many bets as you like. At the end of the weekend, if you are successful, you will be paid back your winnings by the number agreed in the odds.

Example bets:
Generic-User
: I would like to place £5 on Fred Frederick to win the race.
Jimlaad43: I can offer you 7/1 on that.
*Fred Frederick wins the race*
*Generic-User wins £35, so a £30 profit*

Another-User: £10 on Herbert Herbison to crash out.
Jimlaad43: He's crashed out of the last 3 races, I'll give you 6/5 on that.
Another-User: I don't like those odds, can I change to Herbert won't crash out?
Jimlaad43: OK, 10/1
*Herbert Herbison crashes out*
*Another-User loses £10*

Before each race, odds for each driver to win the race will be published based on previous form. Another set of 5 generic bets for other things occurring will be published. Each round, players who want to bet must place at least one bet on a race winner, and at least one bet on a generic bet. If nobody picks the race winner, or nobody wins anything from the generic bets, all money will be refunded at a rate of 120%.

Example generic bets
Carl Dereks to crash out of the race: 20/1
2 Safety Cars will be deployed: 50/1
Mant Danmon to take Pole Position: 35/1
Masahiro Nakaguchi to lead a lap: 2/1
The race to be won by a driver on a 2 stop strategy: 3/1

Generic-User places £10 on 2 Safety Cars
Another-User places £100 on Mant Danmon

The race ends up being won by a driver on a 2-stop strategy, but nobody has betted on it, and the other 4 don't happen. Therefore Generic-User is refunded the £10 + £2, and Another-User gets £120.

After these bets, users are free to make any other bets they like. These bets can either be safe bets that get you a little bit of money, or something risky that could give you an awful lot. For every bet you make, I will offer odds that give you a profit. The Bookie's bank will never run dry, you will always get paid your winnings. Only if I think it's a stupid bet that will never happen, or is something that Automobilista won't allow will I say I cannot accept it. Bets which are spoiled by glitches or something not normal will be fully refunded. This is up to the discretion of the moderator.

Teams and Drivers
I have come up with 10 teams and 20 drivers. They are all unique teams which will become fan favourites hopefully. Each team will*maybe, depending on how easy I find it to modify the car performance have a uniquely performing car that is maybe slightly better or worse, and each driver will have their own driving style and skill. Team descriptions will be written, and a paragraph will be written talking about each driver, to try and given both driver and teams personalities.

The teams also need liveries. I will open this up to a community effort. I have produced a table which details the team names and their drivers. Each team has a list of colours next to them. These are a guide to the car livery. An approximate percentage below shows how much of the car needs to have that colour. Users who take a car need to stick with that guideline, but have free reign to design what you like for that car. Each driver needs a helmet too, which is explained in some detail.
Livery Regulations: Each car must have the number clearly displayed on the nose and each side of the rear wing endplate. It must be in the font Trebuchet MS. The size of the numbers is *not decided yet, but will be standardised when I get the template ready.
The car must advertise Reiza, Race Department and Automobilista somewhere. All additional sponsor logos must be fictional. Each team will have a team logo and engine supplier logo given to the creator so they have a start, and I might try to find some generic sponsor logos somewhere, maybe from AMS itself or Motorsport Manager. That will be sorted at a later date.

What can users do with their money?
As users start to win money, you can invest it on more bets, or start to sponsor a team or driver. If you give a team money, it could improve their chances and allow them to develop, same with a driver. These changes will be small, but should have an effect. To be honest, the sticking point I have at the moment is what to spend money on. I don't really want the users to have much of an effect on the races, but I don't yet know what to make you spend it on. A point of discussion could be what to spend it on. Maybe it could just be for (fictional in-game role play) stuff like new TV's, apartments, Swimming Pool, Faster Internet etc that allows "you" to watch the races better. Solid Assets could be used to get money back in case of bankruptcy. Perhaps excess money could be invested in Works of Art, Classic Cars, Stock Markets etc to gain in value to allow for more betting? Remember that this game is based around betting fictional money, so you must always be placing some bets.

Stuff like Loan Sharking or Match Fixing could be possible in the game between users or teams/drivers. I will not say how to do it, that's up to you to work out how to do it, but the moderator must be notified of shady deals just so it can be noted and dealt with secretly.

----------

I hope people like the idea and are willing to take a car to design. If this takes off, I hope I can make good videos of entertaining races, and we start to get rivalries starting and players start supporting certain drivers. I want to try an recapture the magic of Formula FG from a different angle. Without users being drivers or the teams being run by us it may be weird and not fun, but I hope we can all just get behind it and support them like it's F1. I have the Calendar and lineups/liveries ready, I just want to make some logos first before I release them. I'd also like to play with the Formula Ultimate template to make it usable for us all.

Please leave any feedback you have and what you like/dislike about the proposal. i haven't had a chance to edit the files of AMS yet, but it should be similarish to rFactor, so it hopefully won't take me long.

I think it's kinda funny that a brit proposes a betting game, but the concept is original, and as long as i can create liveries i'm happy. And although i'm not a fan of betting, and don't understand how the system works, i would happily join this

I think it's kinda funny that a brit proposes a betting game, but the concept is original, and as long as i can create liveries i'm happy. And although i'm not a fan of betting, and don't understand how the system works, i would happily join this
Betting is very popular in the UK, you've obviously never seen a British Horse racing event :roflmao: Have you even seen the number of betting companies that sponsor EPL teams?

That said, I'm not a gambler because I don't want to spend real money. This allows users to follow a race series without the risk of losing anything of value.

Betting is very popular in the UK, you've obviously never seen a British Horse racing event :roflmao: Have you even seen the number of betting companies that sponsor EPL teams?

That said, I'm not a gambler because I don't want to spend real money. This allows users to follow a race series without the risk of losing anything of value.
that's what i meant, if there was ever going to be a betting game,it had to come from a brit

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 28 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 35 6.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.2%