HoF and Discussion (Propose Game Ideas Here)

Hey guys! Been testing a little project on AC (Still veryvery early) with the AI cars, and came up with this idea. This is only a first draft, but will be happy if some of you wanted to help me out testing (Only if you are interrested ofc) or just throw some feedback.

Draft in file

We had several good concepts in the past and most of them went to abyss after the moderator could not keep up with the workload. That is why I am not going to give any comment on the game itself (It sounds very promising actually!), you can open the game's thread and show us how it is with playing it.

Thanks for the feedback. :D

I totally get the point in the first part. I'm also thinking of starting with the basics for testing, and then build upon that, when the basics work.
Timewise, I'm willing to put a lot of work and effort into the project, if the interest is there. So far I've tried to optimise the workflow, so I don't have to figure it all out as we go along.

To the reward system I will of course try to make it in a way, so that the winning team/driver wont get OP and just keep on winning, nobody wants that (execpt mercedes maybe :p) That's also why I want to implement the dillemas, and RNG/Roll-parts as well. Ex. If you develop a new part on the car, there's a risk that it will fail and make the car worse, risk/reward. No guarrantees. Of course these systems will need to be polished and tested to optimise it, and make it fun for every participant.
like omer said, just give it a shot. we can conclude from the response here that there's an audience for it, and the more we try and test it all out the better it becomes so that eventually more will join

mcyrs1.png

in the trent of "bringing up things from the past and give updates about them", yeah, lets see if this does something and if it works :barefoot:

edit: as expected, it didn't :roflmao:

Last edited:
ladies and gentleman, we've lift off
apologies for the quality and framerate, apparently gp4 and OBS don't seem to like eachother. still a lot of work to do in terms of graphics, but i'm just very happy that the basic functions work :laugh::D

Assetto Corsa Manager - A motorsport RPG

TESTING SIGNUP IS CLOSED

You can sign-up on waiting list for when we expand! Please do follow the proggression and come with ideas, even thou you do not have a team... Yet ;)

Welcome to ACM. A game where you get to be the manager of your very own motorsport team.

Season 0:

Teams:
Baverra Automative - Hugo Rosello
Ciro Giovanelli
Faustino Sabbatini

DTK Racing - Jimmy Laad
Lian Tai
Sunette Botes

Illusion Racing - Tapio Rinneaho
Shao Shuren
Emilia Madden

NP Racing - Nicklas Peter Elgaard
Claus Gehring
Zenobia Rojek

Online Racing - Ben Utzer
Tatiana Rodrigues
Lilly Haass

Racing America (RAM) - Jason Lutz
Fenya Fyodorovich
Agus Salim

Red Night - Sasha Jednak
Matthew París
Igorek Ivanovich

Silver Sage Racing - Omer Said
Joel Hall
Logan Gray

SNL Motorsport - Lesley Buurlage
Nanu Shrestha
Natalka Yemelyanovna

Team Optima - Oorjit Mishra
Kishi Rikiya
Nagini Parikh
Standings Drivers
Driver-Standing-Race-2.png
Standings Teams
Team-Standings-Race-2.png
Calendar:
3 Hours @ Paul Ricard:
Result-3-hours-Paul-Ricard.png
12 Hours @ Riverside
12-hours-riverside.png
24 Hours @ Mugello, Italy

24 Hours @ Eastern Creek, Australia

24 Hours @ Nürburgring GP, Germany

3 Hours @ Croft Circuit, UK

12 Hours @ Sepang, Malaysia

3 Hours @ Macau GP, Macau
Rules:
Upgrades:
Your team can upgrade the car ONCE between each race. Either Engine or Weight, Either cheap or expansive.

Prices:

150.000 € for up to 2% increase in BHP
300.000 € for up to 5% increase in BHP

Weight:

150.000 for up to 10 Kilos less weight
300.000 for up to 25 Kilos less weight

The upgrade is done by sending a mail to me in private MIN 24 HOURS BEFORE THE NEXT RACE.
Concept:
This game will be based on AI races in AC, and will focus a lot on your decisions regarding your car, drivers and many other things

After a month of testing a lot of things offline, we are ready to bring you guys into the testing!

We will start testing some core-game things within the next weeks and would like some of you join the testing, to make this game a brilliant game!

But you want to know more before you sign up… I get that. So let’s get into it

The core gameplay(For the testing):

· Each play must only have 1 team. 1 team consists of 2 cars, and 2 drivers (might be 3 after the core test)

· All drivers are randomly generated, and development will be influenced by race results, random events (rolls with dice) and traits they have gotten random from the beginning. The perks of winning will be in such manner, that the winner won’t get OP for next race etc. We would like to keep the races as open as possible, but you should also get rewarded for good results. This system will be tweaked along the way to get the most fun experience for everybody!

· The races will be simulated by AI’s only in Assetto Corsa (They will be showed either on livestream or YouTube) I’m thinking the most plausible will be Live-streaming so you can watch your team in live action! (Also you can watch the race afterwards if you can’t make it)

· You will not know how good your driver is exactly. Only the GM(Game master) knows. But you will get hints about your driver in form of News-articles and some dilemmas you will get from the GM.

· Economy will be tested and tweaked as well, but the main idea is the money can be used for:

o Drivers (Salary, Sign-on fees & training)

o Car-upgrades

The way we want economy to work is not like “Most Money – Most Wins”

We want to keep it challenging, so you’ll have to prioritize if you want good drivers or a good car. This is not meant to be a pay-to-win game, more like risk/reward (That’s why so much RNG, look in the next paragraph)

· This is mainly focused on RNG (Random Generated Numbers). In what way you ask? Well… An example could be, before a race a driver is randomly chosen for an event, this event will be random as well, and the outcome could make the driver a little better or a little worse.

Another example: Your team wants to upgrade the engine. It cost 400,000 £ (Just an example). Depending on the RNG outcome, your engine might get better, but the development could fail, and make the engine a little worse. We will work on making a lot of variety in the events, traits and dilemmas to make the game feel dynamic and make the drivers have some personality.

· The testing we’ll be doing is with 1 kind of car (Porsche 911 RSR). The reason we are just using one car for now, is that it is the driver-development and car upgrades we’ll be testing the most right now, to see and tweak the system. After the tests we’ll be opening for a lot of other series (F1, Endurance, Touring etc.) but we need the core-gameplay to work first.

Future plans(after tests):

Here is many of the ideas we would like to implement when the core-testing is done for

· Each season, new young drivers will be created, and put into a feeder league. This is not for teams, only for scouting. Remember, good results can make drivers even better, so keep an eye on the young ones.

· Rookie Testing in the post/pre-season: After the season, a day or two will be put in the calendar to give one of the young drivers a test in your car, to see how they will do.

· New Season – New Car: When the season is done, you can invest in next years car. The more you invest, the better the car CAN be. But remember, no guarantees, RNGesus is not always playing nice. Again this is not a P2W-game

· If you driver crash and retires, you run the risk of injuries (will be decided by RNG, same for severity and what kind of injury)

· Drivers Negotiation Preferences/Happiness: Some drivers might want a fast car, some drivers might go for the money, some are loyal and want longer contracts, some just want your team to show off for the bigger teams. We want to implement this to bring even more personality to the drivers, so when you have to negotiate with drivers, you have to approach in different ways.

We also want to implement driver moral/happiness at some point. It will be affected by things like results, car-level, how the team handle media etc etc.

· Retirement: Drivers can regress and retire (Career-wise). Will also be determined by RNG by the end of seasons, but the older they get, the bigger chance/risk of retirement. Some will just retire from one class (Ex. Open wheel) but keep on racing in ex. Endurance or Touring.

· New Tracks: Every season will feature different tracks, some are RNG, some will be voted onto the calendar by the teams. (But they’ll still have to make a little sense, no F1 @ Go-kart tracks etc. But some might be a little random! It is fantasy after all)

· We are ALWAYS open for suggestions, the more ideas the better. Can’t guarantee that we can make it work, but we’ll never know if you don’t tell us!

We hope some of you find this interesting and will help us test, develop and play this with us!

I’m sure looking forward to try this out with you guys!

If you want to sign up for the testing just write

Manager name:
Team Name:

I'll let you know when we get closer how to pick skins and drivers :)

- StephoSlash

Last edited:
Manager name : Hugo Rossello
Team Name : Braverra Automotive

You're telling us how your game is working but not what we currently need to do. What is the gameplay ^^ ?

At the moment it will be pretty basic. I'll make a catalouge of drivers with a little discription/backstory. You will also get a budget to spend on car-development and salaries for the drivers. Before the races you'll get some options to invest in the car, or make a decision in a dilemma I/the game will have made for you. These decisions/investments will impact either the driver or the car. I'm aiming to start in a week, and made a guide in a PDF including the driver lineup and how we get started.

upload_2019-4-8_0-40-45.png

Been working on an algorithm making more stats to the AI, giving more personality.
Ex: The driver with better stats in conering will in theory be faster at Monaco than the driver with better speed.
But the driver with better speed-stats would in theory be better at Monza than the other driver.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • Monthly

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Yearly

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 0 0.0%