Honda NSX

Cars Honda NSX 3.6.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
Software can do it, but they can't make it look perfect. Unless it's like, a box. I think software also has a hard time intelligently combining materials.

Now, with good AI, probably. It's not a mathematical issue as much as it's an intelligence and artistic sense issue.

Think of it like taking a photograph and running a "painting" filter over it, where the end result might fool you from far away for a little while, but if you're at all knowledgeable about painting, the texture of it and the decisions for shapes and edges are just strange and not something like a human would make. Compared to a real good artist looking at the photograph themselves and making a new painting out of it, using their own judgment and past experience to determine what's important and what's not.

For something like LOD D, I guess it'd be okay to use software like this then make sure the materials are merged efficiently, but I think it's always better to make a LOD B, make a LOD C from the LOD B etc.

You can always replace the sound with something that does work (really easy in CM.) Might not be as nice as the custom sounds in this thing, but I'm sure you can find something that's a lot less immersion-breaking than total silence. :)

I'd be very happy to try this as I've a couple of other cars with no sound and have tried to do just that but obviously got it wrong as it didn't help, would appreciate some guidance how to do this.

Update, Just downloaded the new version, now have sound! Still would be keen to find out how to replace sounds though.

Last edited:
I'd be very happy to try this as I've a couple of other cars with no sound and have tried to do just that but obviously got it wrong as it didn't help, would appreciate some guidance how to do this.

Update, Just downloaded the new version, now have sound! Still would be keen to find out how to replace sounds though.

replacesoundnsx.PNG

between "pack data" and "update previews" on the bottom. Although for mods which clearly have a working sound, a reinstall usually fixes it.

Yep. We are trying to make things realistic, not user friendly :)
In that regard, I've got a physics update lined up. The last version was rushed out for Christmas with some junk data, but thanks to @baker7498 and others, we found a lot of reliable data. Some will like it more, some will hate it, but it's more correct. ;)

Acura made export versions, with an MPH speedo for the US. One such is included in the mod, with said MPH speedo. No Honda had an MPH speedo to my knowledge.

I don't know if NSXs were electronically limited to 180, but the speedo tops out there. A lot of modern JDM cars are electronically limited and you need to be at a racetrack to disable it, although I'm sure there's ways around it.

The NA2 NSXR after 2000 or so had a 320km/h speedo IIRC.

Sorry, Im totally confused. I googled the dashboard for the NSX and I can swear I saw a MPH dashboard that said 180. So weird. Well, so the NSX was not made to go faster than 180, or are we talking a special version (kind of new to AC). The needle always goes beyond that like the car has better top speed than the gauge tells me. All best!
The Acura NSX has 180mph speedo. The Honda NSX (JDM) has 180kph speedo. Case closed :)

Some1 updated Honda NSX with a new update entry:

Physics updates

Physcis updates:
- Made geometry, motion ratios, spring angles etc. more accurate thanks to @baker7498
- Made unsprung masses more accurate thanks to @baker7498
- Removed LSD controller; diff is open with preload as per IRL
- Added load curves to Hondas
- Differentiated NA1 and R OEM tires
- Added camber bushings to S1, changed UI
- Tweaked load curves
- Tire changes to Honda tires
- Adjusted NSXR CoG from 42% to 41% from BM data
- Changed handbrake torque from 800 to 900
- Tweaked load...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Forgot to comment about the last release regarding a previous report, soundbank conflicts have been solved. Thanks!

There's still a tiny graphics detail that looks wrong, that is the red badge on the stock Honda NSX when used with colors other than red. On many NA1 pics you'll see what looks like badges matching the paint color, red, gray, yellow, blue, or black. Not sure if there had been an early backgroundless badge too.

Using the more generic black background version or (preferably) inheriting metal_detail.dds color wouldn't look like the owner is pretending to have an upper model (like you'll see on "regular" hondas borrowing type R red badges), and it'd look more stock on all colors other than red only. This difference would also make the -R more distinctive, of course. Thanks for considering this.

The Acura models seem to now miss the Acura white print on the cassete player door, iirc at some point it was present. Probably removed later on all cars because the NSX still had an Acura badge too, instead of making the texture different only on the honda. <- unlike the badge, no one will notice this.

Last edited:
the honda NSX (not R) is undrivable
just did a quick test (or tried at least) and with default setup (and st too) you loose the tail all of sudden

the NSX R is drivable, tail happy af but still manageable to keep in the road with and without TC and both SM and ST tires.

as for 2.3.1

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 31 34.1%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 29 31.9%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 12 13.2%
  • Watch party

Votes: 10 11.0%
  • At a friends house