How much longer will mods be developed for Assetto Corsa?

What with Assetto Corsa Competizione on the horizon, how much longer will modders continue to develop and release content for Assetto Corsa? When I had Project Cars, I was late to the party and the modding had pretty much dried up when Project Cars 2 came out. I don't have the system to run Project Cars 2 or Assetto Corsa Competizione, so, will the summer see modding for Assetto Corsa begin to wind down? Are there things in development hell that we may never get to see?

What if I include a personal tour of the real track, which includes one tenderloin and one beer? :D
Visiting the track won't suddenly make the road course good... Just did a league race in the old layout and I hated every minute of it.

Projects I'm involved with or will be involved with are:
Calabogie
Road America
Road Atlanta
NJMP: Thunderbolt
Watkins 1970
Greenwood roadway
Augusta international
Willow springs
Thunderhill

So yeah I'm a bit busy...

Really looking forward to your work on Williow and 1970 WG. Out of curiosity, I was under the assumption Road Atl and Am we're 'done'. Are you starting from scratch on new builds?
Also something you might find pretty cool if you haven't seen it. An in car lap around Watkins 1970.

Look forward to it. ;)

Really looking forward to your work on Williow and 1970 WG. Out of curiosity, I was under the assumption Road Atl and Am we're 'done'. Are you starting from scratch on new builds?
Also something you might find pretty cool if you haven't seen it. An in car lap around Watkins 1970.

Look forward to it. ;)
Done as in crazy inaccurate? Then sure. Both are a complete joke on that front.

Well thats a great thing to hear indeed. Perhaps you can pencil in Portland / PIR at some point. AMS has a version of it that looks nice, but don't have Automobilista. Driven thousands of laps there fyi ;) This was just one weekend where I drove with CART/ChampCar back when the series was around (yes todays Indycar sucks compared to).
As far as modding for AC and the future? It isn't going anywhere soon. ACC is a single class sim and un-modable.
2d98sy9.jpg
2na5p1s.jpg
I ride / race on that little dirt patch right in the middle! ( I'm an MX guy ). I live about 2 miles from PIR and when they run the fast cars there , I can hear them plain as day , and I love it!

Awesome! Then I'm more than sure you know who Brian Barnes is then :sneaky:... Mr. MX.
It sounds like you live in Vancouver heh

I live across the river from Vancouver , in N Portland. About 2 miles southwesS of the track. And yeah , I know Brian and his brother Bruce. I raced against Bruce a lot in the +25 and +30A classes for quite a few years. I actually just did some remodel work for Rick Wilder about 2 months ago. IllI be racing there a few times in June for a warm up before the big Vet National at Washougal. IllI be running 50+ expert this year.

Awesome Jeff, if Im around there I'll look for ya ;) I used to race with CART in the 125 6 speed Shifter Karts if ya remember 'um ;)

Cheers.

Oh heck yeah I do! Here is something funny , but way back in the early to mid 90's when CART was running there ( I know they came back now ) , but when they were running one weekend , we all raced the Thursday night before the CART weekend. All the big semi's were there and so forth , and I was parked out on the pavement , a little ways out from the track. This entire pit crew came walking up , and the main guy in that group was talking up a storm with me , and at the time I had no idea who he was , because I didn't follow anything with 4 wheels. I asked the guy his name and he said " Paul Tracy ".....I was like " Hmm??....I think I may of heard of you. " Haha. I seriously had no clue haha!

Anyone still working on CART Champcar IndyCar mods? Cars or tracks?

They're pretty much all covered. With exception of ChampCar - the series was so excellent, the cars were bullets and super nimble, saw many many races in person. Until it fell under the weight of the ongoing American OW war over a decade ago.

Never understood why nobody ever wanted to do the DP01 for AC. RSS getting their hands on it would make my year :D
jsgz.jpg

tqjq.jpg

bkfv.jpg

boc0.jpg

I'm not moving over to ACC, and i "just started" learning modding, so for me i expect at least at few years on ;)
Although i mostly edit already modded cars (models and physics), so i can't really release them since i don't remember who are the original creators, and therefore can't ask for permission to release them, and for that matter give them credit.

I've made 1 track already from scratch, not perfect but i guess it's ok for a first track. Obviously a few mistakes here and there. And working on another one, although i haven't had much time so it's been on pause for the past month (should have been released 3 weeks ago). Soon™

I will stick around at least, that's for sure. And i'm sure many others will too, some that know a lot more and do a lot more than me, and some that are just starting now ;)

And frankly, here we are in late 2020 and there's still no better modding sandbox for us to play in. Where would we even go right now? :)

Exactly, AC is clearly the SIM of choice for the vast majority of SIM enthusiast, more players daily than all other SIM put together. With the up coming rain development, it can only just increase. Even though the peddlers on YouTube are pushing the latest new shiny thing or the dead horse RF2, we just keep enjoying the king of sim, more than ever, numbers of player still steadily growing.
I would say in answer to the OP question, we will keep getting more and better mods for a very long time and are already having a hard time just keeping up with what we can use already,

Last edited:

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 92 91.1%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 11 10.9%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 28 27.7%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 33 32.7%