How much longer will mods be developed for Assetto Corsa?

What with Assetto Corsa Competizione on the horizon, how much longer will modders continue to develop and release content for Assetto Corsa? When I had Project Cars, I was late to the party and the modding had pretty much dried up when Project Cars 2 came out. I don't have the system to run Project Cars 2 or Assetto Corsa Competizione, so, will the summer see modding for Assetto Corsa begin to wind down? Are there things in development hell that we may never get to see?

Let's put it this way:

The original ac was 1.0
With csp, it became 2.0
With sol, it became 2.5
and soon(pretty soon) rain physics will hit ac and we'll reach 3.0

Who knows what else ilja, papa and peter have in store for ac? a 4.0 worthy feature in 2021? All i know is (to mirror statements of everyone here) that ac isn't going anywhere, anytime soon. Look at v10r league and ferrari evo tournament as examples.

Reading positive comments on how great AC is, feel like a breath of fresh air.
As a daily AC driver, it is alway disconcerting seeing so much emphasis from you tube peddlers or even just here on RD, always pushing for new features or additional content in other SIM we have had in AC forever and are taking for granted.
I have close to 5000 hours in AC and because of the constant development, weekly when not daily new content, it is still fresh, maybe even fresher than ever.
AC is a phenomenon within our hobby, the sheer amount of daily user is staggering, and a statement of its attractiveness.
thank you to all here, who appreciate how lucky we are to be able to enjoy it, for sharing a few good comments.

Last edited:
Even though it is Monday, this chart always bring a smile to my face.
steam chart.png

Last edited:
What I love about Asseto Corsa:

earlier today I saw a Youtube clip about City Car Racing at Cadwell Park in England.
I thought " that looks interesting, very narrow track with big altitude changes and very nasty blind corners :mad:)

So i openend race department, downloaded the track and had Content Managerger install it.

Literally 5 minutes later i could see for my self.

I don´t now another sim that has this magnitude of content in tracks and cars.

So when getting my first gaming PC in June i also bought competizione, Race Room and Project Cars2.
But i only drive AC.

AC will keep me busy for a long time, even in this trying times we live in.

So, please, all the modders out there, please keep up the magnificient work.

If you need a fee for your work thats ok too.

( I only ever found one track mod i was disappointed with, thats the modern Sachsenring.
Guys, i can personally assure you from real world driving, Sachsenkurve IS NOT A JUMP;))

MFG Carsten.

I heard a rumour that AC Legends is about to be upgraded to ver. 3. With simracing. gp system multiplayer gaming is getting better... I'll be around quite a while.

Even if mod development were to stop, it would be hard for me to ever move on from AC. There's just too much variety to choose from. Sure newer sims may come out that have better looks, physics (although i've never driven a real race car so I wouldn't know accurate physics from inaccurate physics), etc. but they don't have all the options of tracks and cars to choose from and wouldn't for a very long time.

Even after all these years there are still so many cars and tracks worth driving I have not yet tried. I've been doing quite a few simracingsystem races recently and haven't had a bad race experience so far. As long as there are people playing there are people making mods.

Even if mod development were to stop, it would be hard for me to ever move on from AC. There's just too much variety to choose from. Sure newer sims may come out that have better looks, physics (although i've never driven a real race car so I wouldn't know accurate physics from inaccurate physics), etc. but they don't have all the options of tracks and cars to choose from and wouldn't for a very long time.

I felt the same way about the original rFactor....

In fact after many years and finally losing interest in it I didn't really love another sim until AC....

Thanks to the modding community AC is not getting old. For myself i even discovered it new with the implemantaion of CSP last year. Also for me its like an AC 2.0
Its just the still decent FFB and physics combined with that awsome variety which can be compared to rFactor 1 earlier.

I mean its just crazy - right now i have craeted 27 Championships, running on about 110 tracks, mostly bulilt on real series with real names, liveries, cars just wow.
One day i drive F1 1967, other day the Argentinian Touring Cars then go to GT4, next day CART 1999 and so on and on and on :thumbsup:

I love it and can`t imagine go away from this game for the next years. I also play other titles but nothing comes near AC. Its also THE most played game by myself on steam by a large margin.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 43 86.0%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 8 16.0%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 15 30.0%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 15 30.0%