Illegal mods, steer clear of them. Simracing604, we stand with you too.

The page count is shrinking, idk what else got removed already, there were 9 pages 2 hours ago
"View attachment 452352"
Yep. Screenshot the crap out of the website before they take more stuff down. FOM, Codies and other companies will review this stuff tomorrow.
Especially Screenshot the F1 2020 pack (in fact. If someone has downloaded said mod in the past send them a Mega/MediaFire link of the pack.) They can take it down from the website, but doing this we ensure these companies see these cars nevertheless

Last edited:
I can't say what pack I have my hands on. But it includes something I'm gonna have to load my ps3 up to look at.

Scrap that. Its the oversteer pack. Don't worry its archived. You can do nothing about it now sim dream if you are here. I'm looking at the tesla. The screen specifically. They have covered the screen in a poorly done tesla logo with a red background. The gt sport car looks like its the same battery level. But ill be back in a moment.

I don't know Mike personally but I love his channel and he comes across as genuine and sincere.
I doubt if he would publish anything he did not truly believe to be factual. Unfortunately I recently purchased a few packs from these dubious individuals, needless to say I have removed them from my library. They still have my money though which as a Scottish/Yorkshireman really hurts. YouTube policy seems very haphazzard at best. I think the best way to support Mike would be to organise a petition against YubeTube. We are a large community with a deserved reputation for looking out for each other so it shouldn't be too difficult to gather enough signatures that even YouTube would have to take notice. I'm WITH MIKE @ SIMRACING 604. Afterthought maybe he should get some tee shirts made with that logo. Great way of showing support, Maybe a Go Fund Me site to cover the cost of a legal challenge. By the way Mike if you do decide to produce the Tees I promise not to hit you with a copyright strike

I don't know Mike personally but I love his channel and he comes across as genuine and sincere.
I doubt if he would publish anything he did not truly believe to be factual. Unfortunately I recently purchased a few packs from these dubious individuals, needless to say I have removed them from my library. They still have my money though which as a Scottish/Yorkshireman really hurts. YouTube policy seems very haphazzard at best. I think the best way to support Mike would be to organise a petition against YubeTube. We are a large community with a deserved reputation for looking out for each other so it shouldn't be too difficult to gather enough signatures that even YouTube would have to take notice. I'm WITH MIKE @ SIMRACING 604. Afterthought maybe he should get some tee shirts made with that logo. Great way of showing support, Maybe a Go Fund Me site to cover the cost of a legal challenge. By the way Mike if you do decide to produce the Tees I promise not to hit you with a copyright strike

Mike will likely get the videos running again. The copyright claims made by SDD won't stand once someone manually reviews the issue.
As for the legal challenge, we don't have any rights to follow with a lawsuit. Codemasters, Polyphony and Turn 10 can (and they have the resources to do it). That is why I'm insisting so much on showing the issue to these companies. Their IP has been stolen for profit, so I'd be very surprised if they don't go ahead and try to shut them down

I had never heard of these guys but, doing some google research, it looks like they have been well known as crooks going back as far as '14.

Stealing work from private modders and selling it is wrong and I'm sure illegal...but the challenge I see is most private modders lack the kind of legal resources/knowledge to do anything about it. Honestly, put yourself in the shoes of a modder who has created a nice piece of content as a passion project to share with the community and then a sim racing buddy tips you off to the fact that someone is selling it. What do you even do? Call your local police non-emergency number?!? "So...someone stole your video game? There is a link to file a stolen property report on our website...". Hiring a lawyer is probably your best bet, but remember this was a just for fun enterprise for you (at most it was a "buy me a virtual beer/coffee" nominal donation kind of thing) and now you're faced with finding a lawyer?!? And a lawyer confident/competent enough to take on a case that likely gets into matters of international law, so whatever outrageous pay rate you have in mind when I say "lawyer", go ahead and double it.

If that was all, I wouldn't be surprised if they had gotten away with it for this long and would guess they could probably continue getting away with it for a good while longer...but it sounds as though they've ripped off commercial content too, right? Forza, etc. That's the one that surprises me. If they were screwing Reiza, then maybe it would be a matter of "is this worth going after?" (from the Reiza perspective, I mean), but Microsoft? Oh man, the legal resources at their disposal...it's an economy of scale kind of thing, they go after stuff as a matter of principle (i.e. stuff that doesn't have huge ROI in terms of cost/benefit) all the time because they don't even feel it.

Maybe all this publicity ends up being the end of this little scheme.

Just did my bit and reported all of their content for copyright infringement.

I deliberately didn't mention @BigMike8 in my report as Google/YouTube is simply not interested hearing people whinging about perceived injustices, but they are seriously **** scared of copyright. Hence the shoot first and ask questions later attitude YouTube and copyright, which has unfortunately hit our friend hard.

I had never heard of these guys but, doing some google research, it looks like they have been well known as crooks going back as far as '14.

Stealing work from private modders and selling it is wrong and I'm sure illegal...but the challenge I see is most private modders lack the kind of legal resources/knowledge to do anything about it. Honestly, put yourself in the shoes of a modder who has created a nice piece of content as a passion project to share with the community and then a sim racing buddy tips you off to the fact that someone is selling it. What do you even do? Call your local police non-emergency number?!? "So...someone stole your video game? There is a link to file a stolen property report on our website...". Hiring a lawyer is probably your best bet, but remember this was a just for fun enterprise for you (at most it was a "buy me a virtual beer/coffee" nominal donation kind of thing) and now you're faced with finding a lawyer?!? And a lawyer confident/competent enough to take on a case that likely gets into matters of international law, so whatever outrageous pay rate you have in mind when I say "lawyer", go ahead and double it.

If that was all, I wouldn't be surprised if they had gotten away with it for this long and would guess they could probably continue getting away with it for a good while longer...but it sounds as though they've ripped off commercial content too, right? Forza, etc. That's the one that surprises me. If they were screwing Reiza, then maybe it would be a matter of "is this worth going after?" (from the Reiza perspective, I mean), but Microsoft? Oh man, the legal resources at their disposal...it's an economy of scale kind of thing, they go after stuff as a matter of principle (i.e. stuff that doesn't have huge ROI in terms of cost/benefit) all the time because they don't even feel it.

Maybe all this publicity ends up being the end of this little scheme.

Also Codemasters, which is now owned by EA; and the F1 2020 content contains many F1 trademarks. And Polyphony Digital. So any of these companies can shut them down in an instant

I reported channel and some of their contents on yt. Also the GP4 modding community has been hit by these scammers; recently some of the new F1 content releases have been delayed due to the fear of SRD stealing their works. They are literally killing the world of modding. I really hope this will be the beginning of SRD shutdown.

Massive support for Mike.

Last edited:
I can't say what pack I have my hands on. But it includes something I'm gonna have to load my ps3 up to look at.

Scrap that. Its the oversteer pack. Don't worry its archived. You can do nothing about it now sim dream if you are here. I'm looking at the tesla. The screen specifically. They have covered the screen in a poorly done tesla logo with a red background. The gt sport car looks like its the same battery level. But ill be back in a moment.
So. My Instincts were wrong. But ill continue searching.

Even if nothing happens to Sim Dream on the back of all this, it's incredibly heartening to see the amount of people saying that they were unaware of Sim Dream's shady practices until now - and a few saying that they've bought before, but will never again.

Awareness is key, many people will never, ever buy from them now - and they can get as many videos or forums taken down as they like, it's too late, the word is out and it's louder than its ever been before - this is a huge victory.

Thanks @BigMike8

I am more worried about simracers as society. I wonder how painfully badly a decent person should be needing that stuff to buy those stolen works that are full of false in every way - stolen models, stolen and false physics, stolen sounds. And those who actually buys that stuff to "have fun with it" are basically cucks or stupid. I know I have possibly offended some guys arround here now, thats good.

The car shape is "unique" and copyrighted to Geoff so it's not like copying any real car

Frankly I don't like how the whole modding culture evolved into self governing entity
At a well known site members debated their own time limitations on mods being public
Even international knitting clubs have their official organizations, membership and charters

Wait, what do you mean it's not like copying a real car? Real cars are also unique and protected, I don't see how you distinguish between the two.

Please keep in mind, Sim Dream's URL is registered currently as assettocorsamods.org. While some may not specify the domain suffix in their article, this would potentially put the innocent assettocorsamods.net under fire for something they are not involved with.
I really hope theyre able to stay away from this :unsure:

if people did more research before buying mods, the issue would be gone. If there are no money to be made, they have no incentive to steal other people's content and sell it as their own

Oh come on, it's not like there's easy resources for "researching" this kind of information. Let's say this thread never even got started. How is a random person looking for a mod who doesn't hang out in simracing communities supposed to be expected to keep up with any of this organically?

What an unbelievably kind community we have. I appreciate all of you. And thank you for this article RD Team, you guys rock.

It’s been a rough day, but the outpouring of support is keeping me going. At the end of the day though, I want this to be about stolen content, not my channel. So hopefully this incident helps shed light on certain dark corners of the modding community.

I only play Asetto Corsa mods that are recommended by a very small number of YouTube channels, so I'd like to thank you for introducing me to many paid and free mods/content. I enjoy my sim racing time primrily because of input from SimRacing604 and the 'least knowledgeable sim racer (tm)' Ermin.

To victory Mike

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 49 9.1%
  • Monthly

Votes: 26 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 32 5.9%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.4%