Improved Visuals Pure CS filter. Screen and VR ppfilter

Misc Improved Visuals Pure CS filter. Screen and VR ppfilter v2.17

Login or Register an account to download this content
Like the Day / Bad Weather / Night sliders but I struggle to get night to look good as I have to crank that all the way to 5 for my headlights to work at all decently and it make the rest of the scene too light. I'll keep fiddling and see if I can find a sweet spot.

Last edited:
Like the Day / Bad Weather / Night sliders but I struggle to get night to look good as I have to crank that all the way to 5 for my headlights to work at all decently and it make the rest of the scene too light. I'll keep fiddling and see if I can find a sweet spot.
Hey. Make sure non of your setting are yellow under the night, light, sky and pp tab. If there is anything yellow that means you have modified something. Especially pay attention to you CSP sliders under Light tab.
If you find something yellow, right click on it and click on SAVE on the bottom. You can open up content manager, Go to CSP settings and lighting fx and you can mess around with more lights over there.
My seetings: cars lit multiplier %70
headlights on interior: %50
Bounced light %8
headlight wideness %150

tbh usually my issue is that the headlights are waaaaaay too bright. Especially for all the modded cars. I hate blinding myself driving behind other cars. Open up pure config in game. go to light tab. look for CSp lights bounce and raise it.

Pure 0.165 is out. Candy has some nice new goodies that it was missing before compared to the regular Pure ( Pure CS is based on Pure Candy) . I will update my filter tonight!

CS0CS0 updated Improved Visuals Pure CS filter. NOW with VR ppfilter! with a new update entry:

Updated for newest pure with some extra goodies. GET IT!

The newest pure has updated Auto Exposure handling. You can select different ones on the fly using pure config in the game. I recommend using the new hybrid mode for single or multi screen. For first-person ( cockpit view) it might get too bright so you can try cubemap mode or just play with the sliders under PP tab.
For VR it's set to cubemap mode. You should keep it there.
There is a new headlight brightness slider too! ( see attached pdf for more info)
Adjusted a few things and also...

Read the rest of this update entry...

CS0CS0 updated Improved Visuals Pure CS filter. NOW with VR ppfilter! with a new update entry:

Very minor update to saturation but I have put together a pdf for the best way to run VR in Asetto.

Saturation is adjusted slightly since I always see red cars getting oversaturated and can't see much detail in the body lines. This might be only a case for oculus 2 users so you might wanna change pp.saturation back to 1.00 on other headsets if this is not an issue for you. If you changed it save script.

Biggest update: I put together a pdf how to run the game with the best graphics with smooth frames. See the attached pdf.

Dynamic reflections and cloud brightness for day and night

I adjusted some reflections so when it rains at night the road doesn't glow like crazy. (See attached picture)
This is dynamic so when it's not raining the reflection will return to normal. ( might have some glow until road wetness and puddles go away during the weather transition.)
Also made cloud brightness dynamic so broken clouds and scattered clouds are more visible at night while keeping the actual sky dark as possible.

Hello, when I try to use any of the included filters, my game fades into comeplete white and over exposure and i also only get 20fps ingame. Other pp filters work fine and i tried to reset pure config before switching over to yours.

8700k+1080+g2 reverb
acs_ISVGFbgs13.png

Last edited:

new dynamic setting and bug fixes and better auto exposure for VR

Yall knows I try to keep updates to a minimum. I don't post a new version every other week unless I find an issue. So this version includes some bug fixes and a couple of new things;
light sky level is now dynamic. This will keep the road less reflective in the day time. Meaning less light bounces off of the asphalt= less bright / less blinding ( more realistic and easier on the eyes, especially in VR)
Asphalt daytime brightness actually didn't change. This setting is only boosted for sunset...

Version 2.0 : converted 2 filters into 1 + more update. READ BELOW!

We are jumping from v1.8 to 2.0 because I made the 2 filters into 1! No need to select separate filters even if you play on single / multi screens or VR. The filter will load up the correct values.
* You will need to DELETE the old filter files from
...SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg\ppfilters
** You will also need to reset the custom sliders under PP tab and save the script!

Also made a couple more things dynamic like reflection level, ambient sky, and light sky...

Auto exposure updated for both screen and vr users!

I wanna apologize for saying earlier that I won't bother anyone with too frequent updates and yet here is another one just after a few days. I have experimented more with auto exposure settings and updated them for both monitor/ screen and VR users. AE is so definitely better than before especially for VR players. Also added another dynamic setting that desaturates the car in bad weather to have a more gloomy and realistic look. I added some pictures on the main page to showcase some of...

CS0CS0 updated Improved Visuals Pure CS filter. Screen and VR ppfilter with a new update entry:

Optional download to fix the grey horizon if you use Pure 1.90

Download this rar file and place the included folder into:
"assettocorsa\extension\config-ext\Pure"
I adjusted the horizon offset for the most popular free-roam tracks like SRP, LAC, PCH, etc.
This setting might become a "global setting" so you won't need to set it up for each track, and when that update comes out for Pure you might need to delete that folder or just reset the horizon offset for...

Hello,
I added IV pureCS_2.0 to the folder of assetto corsa but in the video settings there is only IV PureCS_2.0 I do not see VR variant, could you help me? Also I would like to ask if I have SOL already, do I need also PURE to use IV PureCS_2.0?

Thank you!

Hello,
I added IV pureCS_2.0 to the folder of assetto corsa but in the video settings there is only IV PureCS_2.0 I do not see VR variant, could you help me? Also I would like to ask if I have SOL already, do I need also PURE to use IV PureCS_2.0?

Thank you!
Hi Ivan. This is a Pure filter. You will need pure. Also the 2.0 is 2 filter in 1! So it will have different values / settings depending if you start it with single / triple screen or openVR / Rift

Hi Ivan. This is a Pure filter. You will need pure. Also the 2.0 is 2 filter in 1! So it will have different values / settings depending if you start it with single / triple screen or openVR / RiftHelHello ,
Hello, thanks for the fast reply, my bad! After I wrote the question I had read again the decription and find out that is written there it is 2 in 1. I am going to try now. Also I downloaded Pure PP filter. I have pimax 8kx and 4090, so I am trying to tune AC to the best possible quality, but even with openXR my PC has issues. As a benchmark I am using nordschelive, night, thunderstorm and 23 cars. maybe it is overkill even for my system, but strange is that OpenXR is showing 75 to 91 fps, but in reality if I am under 90fps it is lagging and stuttering. I do not understand why. If I play via SteamVR then it is 50-90 fps but 50+ is still somehow visualy OK, but with openXR it is laggy everytime under 90. I do not uderstand why. Also lights of my car during the night are too bright, if there is car in front of me, than it is like white if have my lights on. I think night is an overall issue with VR, it looks a little bit to dark, somewhere too exposured.

Something within your custom shaders patch settings is making the engine noise external only even from cockpit. You have any idea which setting it is?

Edit: I found the fix, it's a setting under "General Patch Settings" called "Use Exterior Sounds Everywhere" that was enabled for some reason in the CSP settings

Last edited:

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 426 69.3%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 266 43.3%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 285 46.3%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 126 20.5%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 168 27.3%
Back