Improved Visuals Pure CS filter. Screen and VR ppfilter

Misc Improved Visuals Pure CS filter. Screen and VR ppfilter v2.17

Login or Register an account to download this content
this might not be the correct value
1674204245140.png

Hey, thanks for the awesome mod! Install worked fine, nevertheless every time I start a drive it is very dark, then I have to reset pure in the pure tab and everything looks great. But I have to do the reset every time. Any idea how to persist the setting / solve that? I did use the save button. Thanks a lot!

Hey, thanks for the awesome mod! Install worked fine, nevertheless every time I start a drive it is very dark, then I have to reset pure in the pure tab and everything looks great. But I have to do the reset every time. Any idea how to persist the setting / solve that? I did use the save button. Thanks a lot!
Some settings getting reworked. I will post a newer version in a couple days.
When you reset pure. Some of the settings are still yellow under the light tab? How about the PP tab?

Hi thanks for the reply! as a few day away from the sim. There were a couple settings yellow: CSP lights emissive, AE target adjust. Nevertheless I enabled Skydeom rendering and it solved the issue. Not sure why I forgot to turn it on, sky looks really amazing. Btw I use Pure in combination with the C13 Camera Obscura filter. Cheers!

CS0CS0 updated Improved Visuals Pure CS ppfilter including VR filter! (Formerly PureCS Filter) with a new update entry:

Completely reworked and better! Now with VR filter!!!

Completely reworked. Including several versions like simple light and a filter for darker maps without street lights like LAC. Also introducing our VR filter which I tested on and dialed in for Oculus 2. Unfortunately, I don't have access to any other VR headsets. I really hope it works with others.

The reason behind making a filter for VR because Oculus 2's dynamic range is just very poor compared to a decent monitor. Usually, my filters always looked too bright or too dark yet when I...

Read the rest of this update entry...

It looks nice but on some tracks it's waaaay too dark. How can I adjust the lightning? Tried Pure light levels but that gets reset every time...
Have you tried the IV PureCS_brighter nights filter? Specially made for maps without street lights. It should be bright enough. If not bright enough you can set (under night tab in pure config) nlp.level higher and nlp lowest ambient light a little bit higher. not too much. This shouldn't change anything for day lights. But make sure first you try the correct filter. let me know if you have done that and its still too dark. Everyone has different monitors so some adjustments might be needed

Have you tried the IV PureCS_brighter nights filter? Specially made for maps without street lights. It should be bright enough. If not bright enough you can set (under night tab in pure config) nlp.level higher and nlp lowest ambient light a little bit higher. not too much. This shouldn't change anything for day lights. But make sure first you try the correct filter. let me know if you have done that and its still too dark. Everyone has different monitors so some adjustments might be needed
Thanks for quick reply, I only checked it briefly and only in daytime, I can no longer see clear inside cockpit items either.. Thanks

You can set your
Thanks for quick reply, I only checked it briefly and only in daytime, I can no longer see clear inside cockpit items either.. Thanks
U can set your own values and save it i believe. Or try export and name it. Not sure why you cant see things inside the car at daytime.

CS0CS0 updated Improved Visuals Pure CS ppfilter including VR filter! (Formerly PureCS Filter) with a new update entry:

Small update on VR filter

Adjusted the VR filter to lower headlights at night so driving behind other cars with headlights on does not blind you. Also adjusted daytime brightness. It was too dark.

Newest Pure was just released (0.154) so I am including a pdf to show you how to adjust night time brightness for individual maps/tracks that you can save and can be loaded up automatically.

Adjusted VAO and updated scripts for Pure 1.55

LAC tunnels were super dark so I adjusted it. FDR looks weird in VR. Too dark but I think it's the track itself. SRP and LAC look good. If I adjust it to make it work with FDR then everything else will be too bright.

Updated the script to the newest pure. Brightness calculation is a little bit different. I hope it works well. I might release a new VR update optimized for oculus 1

Settings for other VR users and you can also fine tune these for your monitor.

No new version this time but, whatever VR HMD or monitor (tv) you have these are the settings you can to change. Try to stick with these sliders only, please.
First of all, if you play VR occasionally but play on screen sometimes then you need to select:
[Main tab on top] > check "config.video_mode_separation"
and change these settings:

For brightness in daytime:
[Light tab on top] >...

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 38 8.6%
  • Monthly

Votes: 20 4.5%
  • Yearly

Votes: 29 6.6%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.3%