rF2 Indycar *ON SALE* @ Brands Hatch - Mon 2nd January 2023

rFactor 2 Racing Club event

Jimlaad43

Nice apex, I'll take it!
Club Staff
Premium
Indycar IR18.jpg

The brilliant Indycar DLC is on sale until the 5th of January. Sounds like a perfect time to pick up an amazing mod we will be using a lot this year! We take the cars to Brands Hatch, a former Grand Prix circuit in England that has an "Indy" layout. However, for obvious reasons we will be using the longer layout to allow these cars to properly stretch their legs! Think of this as a warm-up for next week as we let these loose on the Indianapolis Oval!

Eligibility: You must be a PREMIUM member. You must also use your REAL NAME on all RD servers and Discord, and include this in your forum profile. It is the only way of identifying who you are during an event.

[Server Password: *Available in Private Message upon signup*]
[RaceDepartment Discord]

[Racing Club Rules]
[Incident Reporting]

Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM SSM
Car(s):
Track: Brands Hatch (DLC) - [DLC] or included in [British Pack]
Layout: Brands Hatch Grand Prix
Air Temperature: 22°C
Fixed Setups: No
Start Type: Rolling
Driving Assists: Auto Clutch, Auto Shifting
Time: Day
Weather: (Scripted based on this Forecast) Sunny for testing
ABS/TC: Factory
Push-to-Pass: 150 seconds
1672398499490.png

Schedule: (EU) Monday 2nd January 2023
Practice: 19:00 GMT (70 minutes)
Qualifying: 20:10 GMT (15 minutes)
Warm-Up: 20:25 GMT (5 minutes)
Race: 20:30 GMT (38 Laps) - Must use both Primary and Alternate tyre compounds (if dry)

Time Zone converter

INFORMATION & BASIC RULES
  • All of the standard Racing Club Rules still apply to this event.
  • Custom liveries are both allowed and encouraged! Show off your Photoshop (or Google) skills and turn up with a unique car colour that we will all know is you on track!
  • Discord is not mandatory, but is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. Please use Push to Talk where possible.
DRIVER LIST
  1. Jimlaad43
  2. Paul_V
  3. Monkey T.
  4. Jan Larsen
  5. SimApprentice21
  6. groy1980
  7. akephoe?
  8. joecronk
  9. ThreeLionz
  10. rockracer
  11. David Steinacher
  12. Raf Nix
  13. Michael Rudolf
  14. Free Spot
  15. Free Spot
  16. Free Spot
  17. Free Spot
  18. Free Spot
  19. Free Spot
  20. Free Spot
  21. Free Spot
  22. Free Spot
  23. Free Spot
  24. Free Spot
  25. Free Spot
  26. Free Spot
SERVER IS UP

Last edited:

Would this have been better? I have to admit, that this is the kind of stupidly car&track combo I could've come up with.

For the race @Jimlaad43 put me as a maybe. I think I'm busy the whole day, but don't know yet.
That race was famous for being impossible to overtake on and only lasted one race because of that. Plus, the best corners for these cars are on the GP layout.

If you want Indycar craziness on small tracks, then Wednesday's combination is for you

That race was famous for being impossible to overtake on and only lasted one race because of that. Plus, the best corners for these cars are on the GP layout.
Haha, no! And that was the dumbest track/car combo ever that race, it was like seeing F1 cars on a karting track :O_o: nordschleife would almost have made better sense!

I am the one who genuinely loved the idea behind the Norising multiclass Group C1 & C2 stuff they did IRL (and our simracing-version). So I guess there's no surprise when I say that I liked this as well? :roflmao:

I am the one who genuinely loved the idea behind the Norising multiclass Group C1 & C2 stuff they did IRL (and our simracing-version). So I guess there's no surprise when I say that I liked this as well? :roflmao:
Fast cars can overtake on the Norisring though. It's quite wide and easy to get out of the way of faster cars. Brands Hatch Indy was too small for DTM when it went there, no wonder the Indy's won't work either.

If you want me to try some crazy combinations though Ole, I'm sure I can come up with some. Heck, I even tested NASCAR around Le Man's yesterday :roflmao:

For this race, there are two unique things to remember:
1: You must use both Alternate and primary tyres in the race. The Red-walled "Alternate" tyres are effectively Softs, and have much better pace but with high wear. The Black-walled "Primary" tyres are harder and wear less. They feel quite odd to drive over a stint, so definitely practice with them before the race because it will catch you out otherwise.
2: You have 150 seconds of Push-to-Pass. P2P is a system where it gives you a small boost to Engine Power while it is activated. It is best to use this just out of a corner onto a long straight to help make an overtake. This can be used on Practice and the Race. Make sure you have assigned buttons to P2P and P2P check so you can see how much you have left. You have 150s to use over the race distance.

Attached is a setup for the track which is very good. I hope you find it useful. I have used the 121-inch Wheelbase for this.

Anybody else wanting to join the race to kick of 2023 with a bang? If you do not have the Indycars, they are currently half-price on sale, and worth every penny. It's a fantastic mod.
@Michael Rudolf @Roy Magnes @Rich Green @Thomas Hoelzl @The Almighty Snark @Hartmut2 @rockracer @Daniel R. @Herlev @VictorIS @CaptainLykaios @Colin Peach @Redvaliant @SwannyUK @Interslice @Cosimo @Lesley Buurlage @max1966i @Steve Le Gallez @ThreeLionz @Chark @Alasdair Lecky @Jim Carvalho @Jack Smith @Stephen Gibb @pattikins @Milos @Aidan Keranen @PurgerUK @Luca Ciarfella @Yves Larose @Stig Bidstrup @Jasje @Michel vL @Magnus Dahlgren @Ruben Cerlem

Attachments

• X Indy.svm
    5.1 KB · Views: 53
Can someone explain us more about the p2p regulations for this race pls. For example Do i have to be max. 1 sec behind the opponent? And so on... thx
You can use P2P whenever you like. You have 150s which has to last the whole race. If you use it all for the first 10 laps, then you have none left for the end of the race. You don't have to use it for overtaking or defending, If you are alone on track and want to use it just to boost laptime and go faster, then you are perfectly within your rights to do so.
1672592538085.png

Around this circuit, you are best to use it out of Surtees and Clark Curve, as they are the longest straights. Stirlings and Graham Hill Bend are the other corners it is worth using it for laptime. but keeping it on for the exit of any other corner if you are racing somebody may give you the advantage you are after.

I'm going to jump onto the server now to play test it and answer a couple of things I want to check before I say them about it.

In essence, it is a power boost you can use whenever you want which you have to keep a track of.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 178 34.2%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 145 27.8%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 97 18.6%
  • Watch party

Votes: 42 8.1%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 11 2.1%