Welcome to the RaceDepartment Community. Use this thread to introduce yourself and receive a warm welcome in return :inlove:

Frequently Asked Questions
Q: I don't have permission to download mods from RaceDepartment?
A: Downloading mods on RD is free but requires an membership account. Have you registered an account and are you logged in?

Q: I still don't have permission to download mods from RaceDepartment?
A: Make sure after your register your account you confirm this account first via the email we send after you sign-up. Can't find this confirmation email? Check your spambox if needed as we always send an email. Double check if you have spelled your emailaddress correctly or search in your inbox for "info@racedepartment.com".

Q: How do I race with you guys on RaceDepartment.com?
A: We offer top quality online races for our premium members. You can upgrade your account here: https://www.racedepartment.com/account/upgrades

Follow RaceDepartment on Social Media
Thanks community for your continuous support, you're awesome

Hi RD community,

How are you doing?
I'm a 26 year old Dutch guy.
I have had my RD account for 5 years now, but i just leeched some setups.
Played a lot of racing games over the years, but my interest is now going to racing sims.

The arcade racing games ain't fun anymore, cause all the crashes when playing online.
Just downloaded Automobilista, have seen and heard much about it.
But as a kind of noob in racing sim, I need a lot of practice and help.

As I'm pushing myself to play without assist.
I think I'll start of with 2 question:
How to...
not lock your tires when you are braking?
not spin when accelerating?

Than a question about RD account. 5 years ago I just put a name into my profile. Is it Possible to change my profile name? (not the username)

Thanks in advance!

Hello and a belated welcome to RD.:)
I think you'll find Automobilista a very good buy. The answer to your first question is simple, practice and more practice, try not to enter a corner to quickly, slower in faster out should be the motto. You don't say what type of input control you use as that can have an effect, but no matter practice is the key.
As to your other question, I'm not sure of the answer, maybe @Andrew or one of the other senior staff members can help.
Lastly you could look at becoming a premium member, that would give you access to the training academy and other benefits detailed here ( Click ), as well as helping support the site. The racing clubs have plenty of members willing to help and assist new members and of course you can enjoy good clean fun racing with other like minded people.:)

Hi there,
Used to play rfactor a long time ago, modded to heck with CART factor and a few oval tracks as well as one or 2 tintop series and liked to tool about in the Radicals. Then a number of things got in the way so put up with playing console games and some mmo's for a while. Recently had project cars gifted to me in steam by a work colleague and, while a good game it's given me the itch to dabble with some sim racing again. Have been having a look through various sims and have narrowed down my choice to either Automobilista or Assetto Corsa, depending on what has the better mod options for what i'm looking for. I basically had the most fun oval racing, either in open wheel or stock cars but am also curious at trying some of the hill climbing time trials (probably single player for a while but may look for an online league eventually) i have seen posted on youtube from both games. Will probably end up with both in my library eventually, at the moment i can only really afford to get one so was hoping someone who has experience with both could advise on what one to pick up first looking at the sort of racing i enjoy.
Thanks to anyone who takes the time to read and reply, got a Sunday to kill here so with a little luck will be back racing soon :)

Neither AC or AMS is massively strong as far as oval racing goes.

AMS has a couple of ovals in game plus there is a very good conversion of Fontana. There are also a lot of rF1 conversions around (JNS trackpack on here + loads more if you search around including Daytona, Phoenix, Indy, etc.) but those tracks don't usually look that great and they also mostly don't have AMS features like track progression. AMS has a very good CART mod (Cart Extreme) + also has a lot of good open wheelers in game already. There is also a 2016 Indycar mod but I haven't tried it myself. AMS doesn't have that many people online but there are Time Trial leaderboards and AMS races at RD are popular.

AC has plenty of point-to-point hillclimb like tracks but not many ovals AFAIK and what there is have mostly been converted from other sims so aren't necessarily up to AC graphical standards. There are some openwheelers in game and there is also an Indycar mod from URD. AC has more people online but a lot of them are driving just GT3 or on Nords Tourist.

Not one of your preferred choices but rF2 has quite a few ovals + a stock car and Indycar in game and a US FF2000 car was just released. Studio397 are currently working to improve the graphics and the interface which can be frustrating. Will probably be a good choice in 6 months when some of the updates have been released.

Christmas is coming. Ask people to buy you Steam giftcards and maybe you can get them all. :)

Well I will probably have a bit of biased view as Automobilista is prety much the only sim I play now although I do own assetto corsa, but in my opinion AMS is probably more friendly to those who are maybe not "professional" at racing sims. yes the graphics are maybe not as fancy but it is far more forgiving when you make mistakes and there is still a large following for AMS on RD. As far as mods go I dont think there are many great mods (apart from some awesome tracks from Patrick Giranthon) however there is still a good choice of cars from Mini, Stock Car V8, "F1" style cars from different eras, Super Trucks (the ones that use ramps on the tracks) Touring cars, rally X and more.

Plenty of content. Of course you should really check out the clubs for both and see which one takes your fancy. We are all helpful and will give advice if you want to join us online and also very friendly when it comes to people who are not "aliens"

AMS Racing Club

Assetto Corsa Racing Club

Dont forget the only way to get better is to practice. so you should check out the Premium Driver Accademy if you havnt already done so as this will give you some fantastic advice and tips on how to get better.

Hi everyone,

Was planning to migrate over here when the AC forums wanted the mods to move, but real life stuff had already taken over a bit too much, so I never got round to it as planned...but as real life stuff has finally cleared up a bit now, I'll be bringing Majura Valley Motorsport Park here when v0.3 is ready, its getting a massive overhaul, plus a new version of Wakefield Park once I can put in trees that I'm happy with...

On top of that, I've finally decided to do some cars for AC, more my field of modelling expertise than tracks (although I'm working on that as mentioned above)...I'm helping a modding team with something that will be disclosed at a later date, I've also selected something I'll be doing as my own piece, which I will probably be looking for interest in getting it in-game further down the track, initial prep work has been done on that:
http://the-ic.deviantart.com/art/91-93-Toyota-TS010-WIP1-649304363
A few matching cars may follow it if all goes well.

Cheers! :)

The IC

Hello one and all!

I'm new to sim racing so have come here for some tips and tricks! Having noticed that I can mod Assetto Corsa I came here to see what's hot and what's not :D If anyone wishes to know what I'm running that can be found in my profile information, don't want to bore people with it here!

All the best, imaner76

Hi Chris, welcome to RaceDepartment. Not really interested in what you are running, many of us use various kit from simple xbox360 controllers to full motion sim rigs and VR. Its all about the fun in the end.

You have come to the best place for sim racing on the planet. Assetto Corsa has loads of mods here, as does Automobilista and many others. I prefer Race Room Racing Experience, but you have a great choice here and I'm sure you will find the right corner for you.
If you join up, you can even race in leagues and enter friendly Club races here. Superb fun and well worth the paltry annual fee. :thumbsup:

Hi Chris, welcome to RaceDepartment. Not really interested in what you are running, many of us use various kit from simple xbox360 controllers to full motion sim rigs and VR. Its all about the fun in the end.

You have come to the best place for sim racing on the planet. Assetto Corsa has loads of mods here, as does Automobilista and many others. I prefer Race Room Racing Experience, but you have a great choice here and I'm sure you will find the right corner for you.
If you join up, you can even race in leagues and enter friendly Club races here. Superb fun and well worth the paltry annual fee. :thumbsup:

HI Andy, I'm looking forward to looking around and seeing what is available, I don't get much chance to race but I'm hoping to at least try some online racing.

Welcome Chris. AC certainly has no shortage of mods.

Kunos have released so many cars this year that about the only mod car that I drive regularly is the RSR Formula 3 which was just updated so is up-to-date with everything new in AC. You will often find that mod cars that haven't been updated for a while will be on old tyre models or have broken sound, so something to be aware of.

For tracks Donington, Bridgehampton, Riverside and VIR are all top quality but there are quite usable versions of dozens of other tracks in the download section.

For apps, the CrewChief spotter program is very handy if you are going to be racing online and I also find the FFBClip and Sidekick apps to be very useful as well.

Welcome Chris. AC certainly has no shortage of mods.

Kunos have released so many cars this year that about the only mod car that I drive regularly is the RSR Formula 3 which was just updated so is up-to-date with everything new in AC. You will often find that mod cars that haven't been updated for a while will be on old tyre models or have broken sound, so something to be aware of.

For tracks Donington, Bridgehampton, Riverside and VIR are all top quality but there are quite usable versions of dozens of other tracks in the download section.

For apps, the CrewChief spotter program is very handy if you are going to be racing online and I also find the FFBClip and Sidekick apps to be very useful as well.

Hi Kev, that's great advice thanks! I've been playing with the mods and I see what you means about levels of execution, but in the whole this entire process excites me! I'm sure with the communities help I can get some great content and help others as I play around with some not so great!

I'm a tin top fan and the BTCC cars are very good, but missing sounds on the 2016 cars do take the shine off slightly!

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 301 34.5%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 245 28.1%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 164 18.8%
  • Watch party

Votes: 67 7.7%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 24 2.8%