iRacing.com Motorsport Simulations

Status
Not open for further replies.
It rolls on two sides;

If they do a major opening with 20000+ people signing up at once filling the forum, downloading the software, join races, the system might overflow.
They tested with around 1000 testers. 10000+ is a different story.

So they want a gradially expansion of it. If expansion is needed they will add new servers/services, etc.

Let me say this; although there are some limitations currently with iRacing, the waiting for it is more than worth.

That turn 1 is evill ;) Jamie was alos in line for that event but ended up in another group. Before that Jamie & me joined a practice session to get some laps in, needless to say when the penalties are off I'm ambitious but rubbish ;)

Also I can't find you in game Ricky to add as a friend?

I think I can agree with everything you've said Daniel, there is not enough leaniancy in the safety rating, I'm still to have a clean session because when your racing you do occasionally go a little wide. The off track penalty needs to be restricted to 4 wheels off the track, at the moment you get 2 on it and your hit with the penalty and a nice spin into the nearest barrier for a 3x penalty.

From what ive heard they are going to look at the frequency of races once the membership rises enough. I think just now its 2 hours to try to keep the servers full.

As for the safety rating yea it is strict and who knows may change in the future as this is a MMORG (Massivley Multiplayer Online Racing Game) and like all games of this nature require balancing over time. As for myself I have found the safety rating to be fine probably because im slow but clean due to this. My rating on Road and ovals is around 3.50 after only one day granted it was a long day :) .

The Solstice what can you say about the slug. I like it its teaching me things i never thought of before. I used to go flat out into all corners ram on the brakes and try to get round the bend. This does not work in the slug braking is bad for this car it loses too much momentum, and has no power to get it back fast enough. So I have had to learn to drive differently slower in a way to get more speed and have managed to get from a 1.07 lap around Lime rock full to a 1.05.695. So for a driver like me without the skills its a great car to learn in.

All in all iRacing for me is the best feeling sim ive driven. And the track are astounding as mentioned. So its a good base to build on and hopeully will improve on the weaker points as time goes by.

ps : I love it :)

This safety thing has indeed too much priority. Yesterday I raced and everyone was just so careful that real racing and fighting is out of the question.
If I did some drafting (road racing) and try to outbreak, the other one is already braking much earlier to avoid colission. They don't want to screw up the safety rating.

If this safety importance is there at every driving license then it will scare people away. If its only on rookie level, its a good thing.

Nice review Daniel!

Your absoloutly right Ramon, people are so scared of denting their cars its actually causing more problems than its worth. I've seen a few incidents where cars bunched up because everybody got so nervous in a group situaiton and people were left with no where to go.

iRacing should be rewarding good results not punishing minor mistakes. As a rule drivers who shunt and bump will not get these results anyway especially with the damage model we have here.

Lets be brutally honest, guarenteed clean racing is not something even Forumla 1 can actually deliver, people will always make mistakes and drivers will have accidents. The kind of 'Xbox live wrecker' that everyone fears, and these systems are brought in to eliminate, won't even be playing iRacing in the first place.

Glad the review helped answer a few questions too :)

Yea thanks for spinning :) gave me the place.

Think we need to use IRC or something like that so you could arrange to join a certain session at a the same time to increase the chances of racing with each other. Or arrange practice sessions with each other.

~Im joining the 13:00 GMT solstice rookie race if anyone is up for it.

You could also break it up into suggestions for improving the issues and post at the suggestions forum on the iRacing members site.

If you wanted to.

While i dont mind the safety ratings system myself, i can see how it could affect racers faster than me. Maybe reducing the penalties for the smaller infringments as your license lvl increases might be a good thing.

• shenken

Thanks Simon. Bummer for you. 2nd place was my personal best so far. Just a few more events and i´m ready to go for the Late Models. But i´m also able to race the Advanced Legends now with the racing above of 3.xx :D

An idea that i think Simon mentioned in an earlier post was to create a chat room in iracing.

So what if when you log on to iracing and when you are not racing of course, you check to see if the RaceDepartment chatroom exists and if it does not create it.
Then whenever one of us is not racing and logged onto the service there will be a chat room for us to get together in to arrange practice sessions and stuff.

Im gonna create one just now untill the next race at 15:00 GMT.

An idea that i think Simon mentioned in an earlier post was to create a chat room in iracing.

So what if when you log on to iracing and when you are not racing of course, you check to see if the RaceDepartment chatroom exists and if it does not create it.
Then whenever one of us is not racing and logged onto the service there will be a chat room for us to get together in to arrange practice sessions and stuff.

I'm gonna create one just now untill the next race at 15:00 GMT.

Good idea, I've posted in the feedback forum about allowing permanent rooms to be created so that a room doesn't need to be continually setup but no interest last time I checked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 49 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 22 4.2%
  • Yearly

Votes: 32 6.0%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 12 2.3%