iRacing Screenshots

Freshly posted by Greg Hill:
iracing_spa_1.jpg iracing_spa_2.jpg iracing_spa_3.jpg iracing_spa_4.jpg
iracing_spa_5.jpg iracing_spa_6.jpg iracing_spa_7.jpg iracing_spa_8.jpg
iracing_spa_9.jpg iracing_spa_10.jpg iracing_spa_11.jpg iracing_spa_12.jpg
iracing_spa_13.jpg iracing_spa_14.jpg iracing_spa_15.jpg

Very nice Hampus :). I have only just started messing around with the custom camer controls in the iRacing and I was curious in your last picture with the motion blur, can that be done with the iRacing camera editor or is that something done in photoshop?

Thanks, yea last picture is done in photoshop :)

Print a picture, (i use all three screens and uncheck "render each screen..." so i have no edges, then just crop the picture to your liking.
Go into PS and select the car, copy the car as a layer, then click on the first layer and choose motion blur, set the angle so it follows the picture, in this case, horizontal.
Then select a large area to the left or right and hit cntrl+J then cntrl+T then hold cntrl, click on the right edge of the cut part and drag it all across the image, past the rear end of the car.
Then choose the eraser tool with a large brush and 60-70 opactity and remove the edge you have to the right.
Pretty simple with picture like these where the background is constant. It´s much more time consuming to do when it´s not.

Only thing done with the pictures is 1x blur - 2x sharpen, then some curves to get slightly more contrast. Otherwise it´s 100% in game.

One of the things that really impress me with iRacing. It really does look this good in game :)
Looks more realistic then any other racing game, including CARS imo.
Sure cars have the excellent models but it looks like a game still, but with very good graphical models.

EDIT: Should also mention maybe that it wasn´t aimed at you specifically but if anyone wants to know how to get similar pictures with as little work as possible, just follow the text above.

Rumor has it that the VAG group might be looking into F1 for the 2013 season, and the proposed brand would be Volkswagen. Here is my VW F1 car. Took inspiration from the WRC Polo and added my watch brand as primary sponsor.

vwf1oulton5.jpg

vwf1oulton.jpg

compvwf1.jpg

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 36 8.5%
  • Monthly

Votes: 20 4.7%
  • Yearly

Votes: 29 6.9%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.4%