iRacing Season 4 Hotfix Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
iRacing Hotfix.jpg

Following the recent massive new build for iRacing, the American studio have dropped a further, smaller, update to the simulation.

Given the designation of 'hotfix', the latest update to drop for iRacing is still enviable in size and contains plenty of goodies for players of the online only racing title.

Released in reaction to some reported issues following the large 'Season 4' update deployed earlier this month, the new patch can be downloaded with immediate effect and will be required for all players wishing to access the simulation.

Season 4 Hotfix Notes:

Rendering
  • Fixed an issue where some objects around older tracks were rendering with an outdated environment map.
  • Fixed an issue where the graphical AutoConfig was limited to a maximum of the first 256 monitor resolutions/modes.
  • Fixed an issue with the view of Broadcasting Mode.
Audio
  • Fixed an issue where having too many sounds playing at once could cause disconnects or crash.
Rallycross
  • Slightly reduced the grip on dirt sections of Rallycross tracks.
VR
  • Fixed an issue where virtual mirror rendering appeared too dark when HDR mode was enabled.
Paint Shop
  • A new sponsor, Simucube, has been added to the Paint Shop!
Controls
  • Fixed an issue where a second clutch input was functional while using vehicles that do not have a clutch.
  • A new Logitech API has been integrated.
Cars:
Audi RS 3 LMS

• Engine oil cooling capacity has been increased.
  • Tire scrubbing sound volume has been increased.
  • Brake bias is now adjustable in Fixed Setups.
Dallara F3
  • Brake bias is now adjustable in Fixed Setups
  • A new fixed vehicle setup for Formula Sprint F3 has been added.
NASCAR Xfinity Chevrolet Camaro 2019
  • Talladega Superspeedway setup has been updated.
NASCAR Xfinity Ford Mustang 2019
NASCAR Xfinity Toyota Supra
Skip Barber Formula 2000
  • Engine smoke now correcting emits directly from the engine.
  • Minimum tire pressures have been increased to 25 psi.
Tracks:
Circuit de Barcelona Catalynya

• Fixed an issue with course cutting on the final corner.
  • The 1x zone at Turn 1 has been adjusted
  • Fixed a geometry seam in the track at Turn 10.
Fairbury Speedway
  • Fixed an issue with a T-pose flagman.
  • Fixed an issue where cars could sometimes get snagged by the wall at Turn 1.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

@Eckhart
Be aware Im not sarcastic here - but is this "issue" not the same as in RL?
I mean that some of the most competent and "stable" drivers disappear forward - and you are left to compete with (hopefully) other drivers on equal skill level as yourself.:)

At the moment an iRacing membership has no actuality for me but because you never know then Im following this AI discussion with some interrest.
And I have to say that eventhough there is a lot of human online drivers (both in iRacing and outside) I consider as plain idiots (and/or completely unskilled) then driving against a human driver is quite another world than just knowing that the other one is just some rather simple algoritm :rolleyes: that is programmed(scripted) to react in certain ways according to your and other AIs behaviour.
I have to admit that I have allways considered iRacings policy of not fiddling with stupid AIs of one of the positive things that made this sim standing above its more casual gamer-ish competitors.

That Im (was) not alone with this attitude shows all the posts I can remember inside iRacings forum where members was killing (verbally) anybody who even mentioned the word AI in connection with iRacings future.:whistling:

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: My personal oppinion is that iRacing never would have dreamed about touching the AI issue if there had been customers enough in the service to meet the minimum participation quota in its many ghost town series.:sneaky:

I re-subbed for one month to see if I’d change my mind about iracing but I just can’t get into it. The NTM doesn’t seem to have made any difference to me, the feel is just poor. Maybe it’s the way I have it set up? I’m on a Fanatec csl Elite. If anyone has great settings, please let me know because right now the FFB is terrible.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 46 86.8%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 8 15.1%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 15 28.3%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 18 34.0%