Ironbark Hills

Tracks Ironbark Hills 0.6.5b

Login or Register an account to download this content
I want to thank you for the explanation. The problem is that I had to do it in every update of this track. No big problem. But for me it's enough.
Ah very sorry mate. Was quite late when I uploaded. Haha...
I install all my tracks manually, just extract and drag into tracks folder.

If there is a 'best practice' for folder structure let me know and I'll fix it up.
Do I start at 'content' and then follow down the structure?

All the metal barries need to be fixed: the car pass through them all
Yes currently no physics on the majority of fences, will be happening when I get to the 'physics update'.
I'm going to be replacing all the Armco anyway as the actual model and also textures and materials need redoing.

Should be on the track anyway, and not hitting barriers... ;);):thumbsup:

Haha yep. Fair enough. When I use 7zip and right click, extract to 'ironbark_hills' I get a track folder. But I guess everyone does it differently. :)

Is the -no track folder- a way to keep this on the downlow until finished? Many, many people will have zero clue what to do with those files/folders. 5 minute fix.. That's including the re-upload. :O_o: lol

Seriously though, super fun track! Looking forward to trying the new optimizations! Had some frame rate hit through the forest areas before.

Last edited:
Did anyone already reported the pitstop bug? If you drive in the pitlane with your car with all four wheels behind the white line, your pitbox disappears. It works only if you keep the right wheels on the right side of the white line.

And also the cars can collide in the pitlane.

Hey thanks for trying out my track! :)

Nope, no one had reported this bug until now.
Sorry I don't have much time to work on it anymore, I do still try to do a bit when I can, I'll check this out next time I get to work on it and see if I can fix it.
Track has had some improvements since last release, but there are still a few things I'd like to finish first before I release a new version. :)

I had the same problem on one of my tracks. I had moved the pit box dummies to fit more in, but forgot to extend the physical pit lane.

This is one of the best fictional track layouts I have ever tried, and I can't recommend it enough.

Hey thanks for trying out my track! :)

Nope, no one had reported this bug until now.
Sorry I don't have much time to work on it anymore, I do still try to do a bit when I can, I'll check this out next time I get to work on it and see if I can fix it.
Track has had some improvements since last release, but there are still a few things I'd like to finish first before I release a new version. :)
Hi Brendon,

Thanks for you reply. I used your track for my community because I think it's great like David says which some very challenging sections. Especially with low powered cars you can make the difference in keeping momentum in the corners. From that aspect it's very educational for less experienced drivers.
But because I had a mandatory pitstop it kinda messed up the race.

I would like to use it again but I will make a note that it should be without pitstop until you have fixed it.
And again, thanks for making these mods.

Hi Brendon,

Thanks for you reply. I used your track for my community because I think it's great like David says which some very challenging sections. Especially with low powered cars you can make the difference in keeping momentum in the corners. From that aspect it's very educational for less experienced drivers.
But because I had a mandatory pitstop it kinda messed up the race.

I would like to use it again but I will make a note that it should be without pitstop until you have fixed it.
And again, thanks for making these mods.
Ah, sorry to hear that it wrecked your race. :(

I was thinking about it yesterday and feel like Alfie is spot on, I reckon I moved the pit dummies, or even moved the actual pitlane, and probably forgot to re-record my AI and Pit Lane lines...
Your posts have inspired me to get back into it and fix it up, so hopefully I can squeeze some time in soon to get it done.

So awesome to hear you are racing at my track!

Just a side question, how do you find the tyre wear over a race distance? I was always worrie there were too many long sweeping corners that would really wreck you tyres if pushing too hard for too long. :D

Edit: whats the best way to edit AI lines and stuff these days?

Last edited:
Just a side question, how do you find the tyre wear over a race distance?
Hi Brendon,

Well, last Tuesday was a surprise event where the participants did not know the car or the track beforehand. So they couldn't prepare a pit stop, so I set the tire wear to 10%.

But I once did a GT3 race with AI for 45 minutes and on mediums it was good meaning wear stayed above 50%.

Edit: whats the best way to edit AI lines and stuff these days?
I have no idea. I hope @Fat-Alfie can answer that.

The pit error is a simple typo, and easily fixed, I think.
1664006995868.png

AI lines can be fixed in the editor, but I generally tend to just re-record the whole line, tbh.

Yep, it was that typo of "1PIT_2" as "1PIOT_2". If you make a new entry in the surfaces.ini file by copying the section for PIT, but changing its name to PIOT, then the pitstops work fine.

Attachments

• surfaces.ini
    1.8 KB · Views: 46
It's great to hear that IH is still being worked on because as @Fat-Alfie say, the layout is fantastic.
I'd not driven it for quite a while until this thread bump reminded me. I think I'd parked it up as it seemed quite WIP, so was awaiting updates.
Just wondering what your plans for it are?
The start/finish point needs clearly defining, but apart from that some 'life' would be good, even if it's just some marshal stations, a few simple stands, flags, spectators, outbuildings, pit buildings etc. Anything to make it look more used and populated as a racing circuit or track day venue really.
Be a little careful with using long GrassFX against walls and armcos too, as it pops in quite aggressively and can be distracting. I don't think there's any effective way to increase the draw distance with GrassFX, unfortunately - maybe someone else does.
Anyway, great track, thanks again and please keep it up.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 497 68.4%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 307 42.2%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 331 45.5%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 160 22.0%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 195 26.8%
Back