Issue launching RF2

Did you try adding the RF2 executable or folder to the exceptionlist of your antivirus? Sounds odd but I have to do that every couple of updates, else it will not run. Had that bug on several PC's....
Yep, one of the first things I did when I came back to rf2. White listed it all, and even disabled it a couple of times. Thing is, I roll back to 1121, and it works. Move to the release candidate and it just goes to the splash screen and back to steam.

After the latest update I got warning from Windows Defender about a couple of rF2 files. Something rF2 continues to run on my PC after I exit the game too.

After the latest update I got warning from Windows Defender about a couple of rF2 files. Something rF2 continues to run on my PC after I exit the game too.
There have been many reports of firewalls reacting to some files in the new install, but so far, no Trojans & at least one, I think Avira has already cleared the files. Read the warning and create an exception for those two files. Also head over to the S397 website, there are several threads discussing this.

There have been many reports of firewalls reacting to some files in the new install, but so far, no Trojans & at least one, I think Avira has already cleared the files. Read the warning and create an exception for those two files. Also head over to the S397 website, there are several threads discussing this.
Do you know anything about the process that continues running when I exit the game? I can tell it's running because I have a different triples profile for in game compared to my glogal setting (for desktop). I have to launch task manager and end task on the rF2 process that's still running to get my triples back to normal.
There are to processes listed with rF2 IDs but the first is called rF2 launcher and has no effect and uses very little resources.

@slideways told me about these threads last night. I had a very quick look but didn't see them. So I just took another look... still don't see them?

Edit: OK found it.

Last edited:
Do you know anything about the process that continues running when I exit the game? I can tell it's running because I have a different triples profile for in game compared to my glogal setting (for desktop). I have to launch task manager and end task on the rF2 process that's still running to get my triples back to normal.
There are to processes listed with rF2 IDs but the first is called rF2 launcher and has no effect and uses very little resources.
It does it to me but I can close by hitting the stop button in Steam

I start the game from a shortcut on desktop. It's a coin flip as to which is quicker. Open Steam via task bar or task manager. :roflmao:

Just a small updateon this, as I've just had the latest update for the release candidate install on steam, and lo and behold the bloody thing works. New menu everything.....Not tried racing yet as Im induging my other passion of racing on actual 4 wheels, but will give it a bash later next week on my g2 in VR. The fact it's gotten to the menu is a massive move forward :cool:

Well RF2, it lasted a day, booted up my PC set up my wheel and launched it in anticipation. Only for it to go back to bombing out to steam again.

RF2 is added to the exception on my antivirus, firewall isn't blocking it and all the recommended fixes have been done, including a fresh windows 10 install on a new machine, and it still won't work as it should. RF2 was a good sim, but I think it's time to stop fecking about jumping through hoops to get it to work and just uninstall it and free up the space

Fresh install on a new machine, so unless I'm mistaken, the only common denominator left is your Steam account? @Bram Hengeveld said to me that he has something very similar. How else is this possible?

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 438 69.6%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 272 43.2%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 290 46.1%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 128 20.3%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 170 27.0%
Back