Kart Racing Pro by PiBoSo is out. Download the game/demo: click here

Minimum requirements:
Operating System: Windows 98/ME/2000/XP/Vista/7, 32 or 64 bits
Processor: 1.5 GHz
RAM: 512 MB
Video Card: 64 MB OpenGL 1.2.1-compliant
DirectX Version: DirectX 8.1 or newer libraries

• Deleted member 205301

Last contact i had with him was a long time ago as it went to private Beta testing, before release. then a few more screen shots and silence. Fingers crossed it eventually see the light of day on pc.
Kart race pro in my opinion is the best we have right now.

Same here, they said (about 3 months ago) that they are waiting for EA approval before releasing it ...
...It seems that they didn't approuve it.... so, no "real" news, even the community manager is nowhere now...I don't expect a release before mid-2018 ..if they will ever be...

Concerning KRP, I totally abandoned the game since one year and a half...not a bad game (and honestly for now the best kart game), but boring...:( ...in fact it's the best just because there is nothing else...
@++

Haven't purchased KRP yet but i do Love Piboso Sim's. MX Bikes is really Good & I think it should really Begin to Rival MXS In terms of Motocross Simulation in the future. I've drove The WRS Beta and i had a lot of fun with it. They do a pretty good job with dynamic track and Wet weather/Drying Line.

I've just tried this in VR (Rift), it doesn't appear to recognise the wheel (T500) correctly, no throttle, brake, gears and the wheel itself seems to be on full strength and turns to the right on it's on when the game starts, anyone any ideas?, I can't even configure it while in game, it works perfectly fine when not in VR and also works fine in and out of VR on PCars 1 & 2, R3E, AC and DiRT Rally\4.

Kart Racing Pro Build 5 Released 1.jpg

Kart Racing Pro Build 5 Released 2.jpg Kart Racing Pro Build 5 Released 3.jpg Kart Racing Pro Build 5 Released 4.jpg Kart Racing Pro Build 5 Released 5.jpg Kart Racing Pro Build 5 Released 6.jpgKart Racing Pro Build 5 Released 7.jpg
Independent karting simulation Kart Racing Pro has been updated to version five!

Developed by one man game development sensation PiBiSo, Kart Racing Pro probably doesn't quite get the recognition it deserves considering its severe leanings towards hard core simulation of the high performance world of competitive kart racing. It might not have the most spectacular graphics, nor does it benefit from a particularly user friendly disposition, but once you get the game running as you want it very much produces one of the most believable and engaging karting experiences available anywhere in the sim racing world.

Considering the game is developed by a one man outfit, in conjunction with a couple or three other racing titles, updates are still reasonably closely packed together and often contain something pretty solid, like a wave of VR improvements in this latest build...

Check out the change log below:

Build Release Version Five Notes:
  • fix: borderless window mode
  • fix: dash update on Intel graphics
  • fix: HUD in VR
  • fix: 3D grass in VR
  • fix: TrackIR support
  • fix: UI pull-downs
  • fix: Track Day results export
  • fix: Wackersdorf
  • new: option to link head tracking to driver tuck
  • new: cockpit view tilt setting
  • new: cockpit view lean option
  • new: trainer lead setting

About the Game

Kart Racing Pro is a realistic karting simulator.
The aim is to create a software useful as a training tool for real drivers, based on a scratch built physics engine that accurately simulates kart dynamics and setup options.
As such a steering wheel is strongly recommended, although keyboard, joysticks and gamepads are fully supported.

Kart Racing Pro also allows to host and join online races, with an integrated matchmaking server. During events data is collected, to provide statistics for drivers' comparison.

More features:
  • automotive industry-standard tyre model
  • chassis flex simulation
  • dynamic track surface groove buildup
  • wet track simulation and dynamic drying
  • dynamic marbles generation
  • tyres pickup of marbles, grass and dirt, affecting grip
  • user-selectable driver gestures
  • output of CSV files with telemetry data to analyze driving sessions
  • a plugins interface allows external programs to receive realtime data from the simulated kart
  • LAN and online racing. Dedicated server available
  • support of custom paint schemes for kart, helmet and suit
  • full modding is possible: advanced users can build new tracks, karts, engines, helmets, ... and integrate them with the provided tools
  • Oculus Rift and HTC Vive ( SteamVR ) support
  • FreeTrack support
  • TrackIR support
  • EDTracker support

Kart Racing Pro is available now on Steam, exclusive to PC.

Like the new update? What are your impressions of the sim? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I tried the demo, was not so much impressed with the handling of the kart.
Backside is very twitchy and brakes are feel a lot of time like they go off/on.
General impression of the whole package is that it feels like half finished mod with a quite steep price tag.
I know it's a one man job, lots of kudos to PiBoSo for making it thjis far.
Just imaging what it would be if there would a s small team behind it polishing the sim and getting a bit more content in it. He could sell a lot more copies, get the price down and make a good amount of money on it, to make it even better.
For now i like the AMS karts the most.

What about the handling?

According to Richard Hessels words nothing much has been done in the mean time since last update. We have talked some time ago, that it sucked, really sucked.
You can check from here on the discussion: http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/kart-racing-pro-updated-now-at-version-2.138515/#post-2530076

So how is this now? If this is fixed, I would give it a try for sure, if not... you know (I just don`t get the authors, what the hack they are thinking? not much I guess). Come on...

I tried the demo, was not so much impressed with the handling of the kart.
Backside is very twitchy and brakes are feel a lot of time like they go off/on.
General impression of the whole package is that it feels like half finished mod with a quite steep price tag.
I know it's a one man job, lots of kudos to PiBoSo for making it thjis far.
Just imaging what it would be if there would a s small team behind it polishing the sim and getting a bit more content in it. He could sell a lot more copies, get the price down and make a good amount of money on it, to make it even better.
For now i like the AMS karts the most.

I dont know, if you think that the AMS kart feels better then you probably never drove a Real Kart, as i can say is the KRP the best in the handling a bit tricky but if you make a good setup like you have to do in Real then it handles also like the Real one :)

What about the handling?

According to Richard Hessels words nothing much has been done in the mean time since last update. We have talked some time ago, that it sucked, really sucked.
You can check from here on the discussion: http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/kart-racing-pro-updated-now-at-version-2.138515/#post-2530076

So how is this now? If this is fixed, I would give it a try for sure, if not... you know (I just don`t get the authors, what the hack they are thinking? not much I guess). Come on...

Did a few years of karting on local and national level.
I dont know, if you think that the AMS kart feels better then you probably never drove a Real Kart, as i can say is the KRP the best in the handling a bit tricky but if you make a good setup like you have to do in Real then it handles also like the Real one :)
Whats that for assumptions, have a closet full of trophies i need to dust off to prove?.
Karts are not that tricky to drive at all, only if you lock cold wheels with a cold brake.
Otherwise only a idiot gets a proper kart backwards.
For sure if you do enough laps you get the hang of it, but than you are adjusting to simulated model.
Was just not impressed with offered package till now.

Did a few years of karting on local and national level.

Whats that for assumptions, have a closet full of trophies i need to dust off to prove?.
Karts are not that tricky to drive at all, only if you lock cold wheels with a cold brake.
Otherwise only a idiot gets a proper kart backwards.
For sure if you do enough laps you get the hang of it, but than you are adjusting to simulated model.
Was just not impressed with offered package till now.

Well if they are full of dust maybe it was a too long time ago :D

The current Physics fits with the Actual Chassis behaviour, no doubt about it. Dont know when you played it the last time but a complete physic update was like before 1 year or so.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 234 34.1%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 186 27.1%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 130 19.0%
  • Watch party

Votes: 57 8.3%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 16 2.3%