Kart Racing

I have been wondering something for a long time now and I think it's time to get an answer.

Ther ehave been a few people who drive Swiss Hutless or Tony Kart who use to put the nouse of the kart behind the front spoiler and not above it. Does some one know what you gain by doing that?

Hehe everyone is welcome to test regardless of age and kart.
But the worst experience I had was at SRW at Järfälla this year when I wasn't racing.
I came down on Friday to buy some stuff from an Estonian dealer and while I was doing that I was looking at the track and the unoffical practise.
And geez they had to take out the black 'n' white flag and the black flag to some drivers because of their driving, and that was in PRACTISE!

I have been wondering something for a long time now and I think it's time to get an answer.

Ther ehave been a few people who drive Swiss Hutless or Tony Kart who use to put the nouse of the kart behind the front spoiler and not above it. Does some one know what you gain by doing that?

Nah the only gain would be in aerodynamics and as a vehicle engineering student I can tell you that any gain by that is so little that engine performance, sprocket size and weight of kart has much more influence on the speed.

Hehe everyone is welcome to test regardless of age and kart.
But the worst experience I had was at SRW at Järfälla this year when I wasn't racing.
I came down on Friday to buy some stuff from an Estonian dealer and while I was doing that I was looking at the track and the unoffical practise.
And geez they had to take out the black 'n' white flag and the black flag to some drivers because of their driving, and that was in PRACTISE!

Hehe, I have to do that sometimes when at the kart track i work at. Although its to the general public and they're driving our karts. :)

Hehe I remember when I was a marshall during Karting on Tour which is a national project that involves kids 7-9 coming to our track to try out karting for free.
I remember one guy driving down into the first corner off the track and hammered the throttle and started to spin.
I had to throw myself on the kart and reach for the button to turn it off which was very hard to do while avoid getting hit by him at the same time while he was spinning :p
The same day i had to lead 3 drivers back from my marshall point after they driven straight off into the tirebarrier without turning and realising karting wasn't for them and believe me leading a kid over a track busy with similar kids that can't drive karting and aims at marshalls trying to walk over the track is horrifying!

alright nick. you the better than all the dragons and ponies?

Yeah :p

Hehe I remember when I was a marshall during Karting on Tour which is a national project that involves kids 7-9 coming to our track to try out karting for free.
I remember one guy driving down into the first corner off the track and hammered the throttle and started to spin.
I had to throw myself on the kart and reach for the button to turn it off which was very hard to do while avoid getting hit by him at the same time while he was spinning :p
The same day i had to lead 3 drivers back from my marshall point after they driven straight off into the tirebarrier without turning and realising karting wasn't for them and believe me leading a kid over a track busy with similar kids that can't drive karting and aims at marshalls trying to walk over the track is horrifying!

Sounds very familiar ;) Although I've yet to dive on a kart to stop it, come close to doing it but they managed to stop in time before they caused any damage.

ha yeah i havn't worked at a track yet even though i have close ties to one knowing the drivers and mechanics. i know that we have a charity race at the end of the year and it has a concession race on sauturday then the real guys on sunday. haven't been to the saturday thing but on sunday the navy seal cadets drive the concession karts and one of them was complaining about something that happened. hard to beleive when he's the next soldier.

awesome stuff toby, loving this.
i'm driving a single 250cc kart just for the fun of it, mainly at Hockenheim and Nürburgring. There are some organised trackdays where all kinds of *big* karts can take part, some guys with their superkarts, some use a Hirth 620cc-2stroke engine, some even karts with motorcycle-engines. By the way, it must be great to drive on your awesome british racetracks :)
a little clip from an event (not me):

i saw that one of my friends had videos of races in my class so you see how good my guys are as they're top in the nation in those classes. here's 2 i found and some are on the way as he had a camera on his helmet yesterday.

Why is he not pushing the opponents that are passing him on the Straight. I would push them as far to the left as possible just to keep on to my posision.

Anyhow, there was some real competition and the tracks seem to be preaty twisty which I realy like.

well i'm getting ready for 3 weeks of karting. saturday a local race in ocala. after that round 1 of the florida skusa challenge in orlando, then back to ocala for the fkcs charity race. get to do a le mans start for that :)

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 60 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 33 5.1%
  • Yearly

Votes: 40 6.2%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.2%