Kimi Raikkonen

Don´t forget two other champions in the name of Hamilton and Button. I personally think Mclaren is flying under the radar at the moment and i believe Hamilton will win the championship this year.

Kimi i doubt will be even remotely close to fighting for wins with a Renault but we´ll see.

That's true, probably wishful thinking - but at least Kimi was racing full-time professionally, which is better than what Schumacher was doing(playing around).

And I didn't mention the McLaren drivers because they're not some of my favorites, not that I have anything against Button. But I see where you're coming from.

Raikkonen wraps up private Lotus test on a high

After two years away from the cut and thrust of Formula One racing, Lotus’s Kimi Raikkonen would be forgiven for being a little rusty in the cockpit. But following two days of reacclimitisation in a 2010-spec Renault at a specially-arranged test in Valencia, Raikkonen is raring to go and feeling optimistic about his comeback this season.

The 2007 world champion wrapped up his final day in the R30 on Tuesday, completing 91 laps of Spain’s Circuito Ricardo Tormo. Over the two-day test he covered 666 kilometres, the equivalent of more than two Grands Prix race distances.

“It went well today and overall the two days have been helped me a lot,” said the Finn. “Even though I was using a two year-old car and the Pirelli demonstration tyres, I learnt about working with the team and the engineers which means I can focus on the new car once we get to Jerez for the first official test. It was great to be driving an F1 car again and from that respect I feel very positive.”

As well as getting a feel for a Formula One car again, Raikkonen was charged with carrying out set-up work and short qualifying runs, as well as practising starts and pit stops.

“We enjoyed another good day with Kimi in Valencia,” explained Alan Permane, Lotus trackside operations engineer. “The morning was spent doing set-up work in particular with front and rear cambers. In the afternoon we ran very low fuel qualifying simulations with two new sets of tyres followed by a 27 lap run starting with a full tank of fuel.

“Kimi’s pace improved from yesterday as we would expect and we completed several start, pitstop and clutch simulations. We were even able to finish early as we completed our programme ahead of time. Overall it has been a productive and valuable two days.”

With this short preliminary test over, Raikkonen will continue his off-track preparations ahead of the online launch of the new Lotus on February 5 and the first multi-team test of the season, which will take place at the Spanish circuit of Jerez from February 7-10.

Formula1.com

Exclusive interview with Finnish press, translated by me... FInnish to English is not easy but Kimi to English is even harder.. It's hard to capture that unique atmosphere..

1. Kimi, what's on your mind?

- Nothing. Why don't you ask me something, since you came all the way here.

2. What are your expectations from testdays?
- Hard to say. Then you can see what kind of a car the it is. I don't believe it's that much different. Not sure about the tires. I heard they've changed a bit...

3. What kind of season would make you satisfied?

- I really have nothing thought out completely. When it's time for testing we see what kind of a car we have. That's the bottom line. What kind of a feeling it has, that's the first thing to notice. At least in the past it has worked like that.

4. You've used to larger teams in your career. Is there something that shows that it's smaller than McLaren or Ferrari?

- No, it's just the same. We have all the same equipment here too and thus a chance to make a good car. It's the same group that've won championships. And physically the team is still in the same location. Smaller perhaps in the sense that Lotus doesn't have a big constructor behind it like Merc[sic] or Ferrari.

(source: Iltalehti)

At least one thing won't change... He's somehow immune to stress and unnecessary thoughts.. Just chillin..

Kimi-Raikkonen-pits_2714622.jpg

Kimi Raikkonen offered a typically understated assessment of his and Lotus's performance after ending his first official day back in an F1 cockpit at the top of the timesheets.

"For sure it could have been worse," the former World Champion said after setting a benchmark time of 1:19.670 at Jerez. "We had some small issues but that's quite normal with a new car and nothing major.
"We almost did the programme we were supposed to do...I've had much worse first days and first feelings with cars in the past. I was quite happy."

In marked contrast to the other big names on show, Raikkonen completed the majority of his 75 laps during the first half of the day's running and set what proved to be the day's fastest time before the first hour was completed.
However, in reference to the extra running he got at Jerez on Monday, the Finn admitted: "We also did a lot of what you have to do on the first day yesterday, so that was a help".

Raikkonen, who is returning this season after two years spent rallying, also admitted that he had no expectations of setting the fastest time.

source

Lotus F1 driver Kimi Raikkonen is set to make an appearance on the final programme of this season’s BBC Top Gear series on March 11.

Raikkonen will take part in the Star in a Reasonably-Priced car segment of the show, driving a Suzuki Liana. In this segment, Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson interviews a celebrity and then they, along with the studio audience, watches a clip of the celebrity driving on the Top Gear track which was filmed earlier. The lap times are then put on a leaderboard.

However, there is a separate leaderboard for Formula 1 drivers. Sebastian Vettel, a close friend of Raikkonen in Formula 1, is currently at the top of the Top Gear leaderboard, with a time of 1:44.0.

The Top Gear episode airs on BBC Two, Sunday 11 March from 8.00 – 9.00pm.

Source: F1zone

1.44.0 - Vettel (dry sunny)
1.44.3 - Rubens (same)
1.44.4 - The Stig (sunny)
1.44.7 - Hamilton (wet and oily)
1.44.7 - Button (sunny)

Yes we need Hamilton back when it´s sunny :)

wet only compared to sunny is worth around 4 seconds.. you do the math..

1.44.0 - Vettel (dry sunny)
1.44.3 - Rubens (same)
1.44.4 - The Stig (sunny)
1.44.7 - Hamilton (wet and oily)
1.44.7 - Button (sunny)

Yes we need Hamilton back when it´s sunny :)

wet only compared to sunny is worth around 4 seconds.. you do the math..

Do you honestly think Hamilton is 4 seconds faster than Vettel, Button and Barrichello.. lol One second at the absolute most could be improved on his time. It was barely raining when he did his lap, everyone over-exaggerated it so much.

Do you honestly think Hamilton is 4 seconds faster than Vettel, Button and Barrichello.. lol One second at the absolute most could be improved on his time. It was barely raining when he did his lap, everyone over-exaggerated it so much.
No but i think he will easily hit 43´s..

The track was wet and it was oily in some places. Here are two pictures of the same corner to give you an idea.

Hamilton

Vettel

0.7 seconds..

If it´s not wet then i don´t know what Hamilton´s car is throwing up in the air. I like to think that is water but you might have an idea.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 481 69.8%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 292 42.4%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 318 46.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 145 21.0%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 188 27.3%
Back