Tracks Knockhill 2017 [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
certainly not based on lidar because when I made this track it was based from cad data, then I let people try the track out in rF2 which is what I was making it for and now you've stolen my work and passed it off as your own.
I've never refused permission for anyone to ever convert stuff I've made but this has no permissions and I will endeavor to get it removed because of your lack of courtesy

certainly not based on lidar because when I made this track it was based from cad data, then I let people try the track out in rF2 which is what I was making it for and now you've stolen my work and passed it off as your own.
I've never refused permission for anyone to ever convert stuff I've made but this has no permissions and I will endeavor to get it removed because of your lack of courtesy
I'm sorry but do you have any proof for those claims? Screenshots that show that its the same as yours?

Hey man sent you a pm. I was not aware of this i will remove if what you say is true. But it was done in honestly. Im certainly not about stealing your work or your glory. I would certainly of asked if had known tjis info. Though i admit iam stupid a foolish for not digging deeper.

Perhaps we can work sonthing out a certainly dont want to make a enemy oit of sombody i respect

@Lasercutter I will just back @jim lloyd claims, he is not that type of person and would have never done this intentionally. OK maybe should of dug deeper (we have all made this mistake, including me) and I am sure you both can work something out, for the greater intentions, which is really for the whole community to enjoy, but also credit given where credit is due..:thumbsup:

I will reinburse you.
I'd rather you passed it on to lasercutter, otherwise PayPal is making more. I'll also likely try it in rf2 too.
And please, if you're going to publish mod content, make it clear that you didn't create it from scratch. I appreciate you may not have known its origin and I also appreciate the amount of work you put into it, but it still doesn't make it right to pass off as your own.

Peace.

I'd rather you passed it on to lasercutter, otherwise PayPal is making more. I'll also likely try it in rf2 too.
And please, if you're going to publish mod content, make it clear that you didn't create it from scratch. I appreciate you may not have known its origin and I also appreciate the amount of work you put into it, but it still doesn't make it right to pass off as your own.

Peace.

Fair enough. But please quote were i stated this anywere in the post

Fair enough. But please quote were i stated this anywere in the post
If you're thanking someone for making the trees, it's common courtesy to thank the original creator of the track, unless you're the original creator.
A simple 'this was passed onto me from someone and I'm not the original creator' would also have been a bit more honest and up front. Instead you thanked a few people for their praise without giving credit and you were willing to accept donations for someone else's partial work without giving them credit.
I've no idea how much work you did, I'm sure it was a lot, but you knew someone else had started the work and didn't let on.

Simple mistakes....are these not made in life?

What is this world coming to :(

yes what is the world coming to when someone "gives" you a track that includes the road, verges, gravel, kerbs, buildings, fences, tyrewalls and painted lines, which has all the materials and textures applied and set up for an rF2 track and which would have been reverse engineered using Simed to get into max and you just think "hey, I'll use all this obviously unwanted stuff, add some bits that it's missing and post it on race department as my own track" then when people thank you for it or say what a wonderful job you've done or compliment you on all the hours and hard work you've obviously put in or even give you money for the track you fail to mention that 90% of the track isn't even yours.
If I'd been approached about getting the track into AC the odds are that I would have agreed, then the latest version of the track which actually has the extra bits added in 2017 unlike this version, would probably have been provided.
I started this track as a side project to fit in when and where I could, squeezing it in between 2 jobs and a family means it's taken years to get to where it is only to see it ripped off and claimed by someone else, well I hope you all enjoy it as that is why I make these tracks, it will probably be the last one I do and I doubt I'll bother finishing it now as I've lost all interest.

Disgraceful man, I've been following Lasercutter's progress on twitter since late 2016 and i must say, i was looking forward to see if a port to Assetto was coming, as i haven't splashed out on rF2 yet, but not stolen and put out as someone else's mod...

I started this track as a side project to fit in when and where I could, squeezing it in between 2 jobs and a family means it's taken years to get to where it is only to see it ripped off and claimed by someone else, well I hope you all enjoy it as that is why I make these tracks, it will probably be the last one I do and I doubt I'll bother finishing it now as I've lost all interest.
we've all been there, shared the beta of the Porsche on the official forums back in the day only to find its physics being used for some Forze rip 911 Turbo a few weeks later...can't say much about it, or give much advice but to see the whole thing as personal accomplishment before you even upload it for others.

Regarding my earlier question, I have no idea about the modding world outside of AC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 189 34.0%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 155 27.9%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 104 18.7%
  • Watch party

Votes: 44 7.9%