KRB Lotus Tiga Esprit

Cars KRB Lotus Tiga Esprit 2.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Not easy for me to do in VR, I'm afraid.
You can't miss it really.
KTma1BU.jpg

this is the exact state I exported the blend to fbx... keen eyes will find the issue :cautious:

KTma1BU.jpg

this is the exact state I exported the blend to fbx... keen eyes will find the issue :cautious:
I've got no idea what I'm even looking at there, lol.
I'll try to grab a phone pic or something later. It's no biggie, it's not normally seen unless you look slightly over your left shoulder. I know you 3D modellers try to strive for perfection though. :p

I've got no idea what I'm even looking at there, lol.
I'll try to grab a phone pic or something later. It's no biggie, it's not normally seen unless you look slightly over your left shoulder. I know you 3D modellers try to strive for perfection though. :p
no I got it, there were two missing panels that are only noticeable when the doors are open - and I exported the model with the timeline cursor not on frame 0, with the doors totally closed, but at frame 1, which is slightly more open on the passenger side than on the driver side, hence it was more noticable on that side

I'm a bit surprised no one noticed these missing so far ;)
MaLJdgl.jpg

(and yes I noticed the Sparcos are flipped between on and off state...)
Sim racers don't care for seatbelts - Just as they turn TC off to be the hero, they are madlads who, given the choice, don't wear their seatbelts. :cool:
Heck those F1 simracers, they chop half the halo out, absolute no regard for their own safety! :p

ATP1JQA.jpg

I have hit quite a bit of a brick wall rebuilding the whole suspension with anti dive, lift and so on.. it works ok in normal driving but in edge cases like slides or strong compression like at Fuchsröhre it reacts totally weird.. I haven't found a way to fix this and make the car ready for an update.. so please have a little more patience :(

When you add or remove antidives you are also changing your bumpsteer. You need to tune out the bumpsteer every time any of you a-arm locations is changed. Any anti-dive change causes caster change in the suspension which means when the suspension compresses/extenmds the spindle also rotates (when looked from the side). Naturally this does annoying things to your steering geometry.

AccAkut updated KRB Lotus Tiga Esprit with a new update entry:

Physics and model

Well this didn't take long at all, didn't it?

Full changelog:
- reworked colliders.ini
- base dampers reworked with Bob Smith's old VHPA (LFS racers may know that name)

- added seatbelts and buckles (scratchmade)
- "ironed" steering wheel
- closed mesh gap around door area
- regrouped "2018 aero" to fix transparency issues
- tweaked inner glass

- whole suspensions.ini reworked
-- calculated & added anti-dive, anti-lift and anti-squat to the geometry
- subsequently:
-- steer...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Congratulations for this build.
It's massive improvement over previous one regarding physics.
Now the handling feels plausible. Rear end is way better.
Seeing these videos
and

i see very close behavior.

I believe that this mod is currently on of the best.

Only strange behavior is some loose feeling again on rear end on low speed corners. I would like more mechanical grip or maybe suspension a small fix. Could be thinking wrong. Really small detail.
Overall super fun mod. Gratz again.

She is fast too.
100% AI cars, on 99% fixed grip:

7e1e0d55f9763e8e8a69ae509cce0c01.png

I don't know if I mentioned it before but I love the rotating fan in the cockpit. Little details like this add greatly to the immersion. It's something pCARS 2 does quite well, with safety webbing moving around, that kind of thing. It's rare to see something like this in Assetto Corsa, so thanks @AccAkut.

AI needs to go back to driving school to handle this car though, they can't seem to work it out. In a 10-grid AI field at Brno, none of them were still running after four laps, lol. All had crashed. :roflmao:
Easy win!

Edit: see below.

Last edited:
I don't know if I mentioned it before but I love the rotating fan in the cockpit. Little details like this add greatly to the immersion. It's something pCARS 2 does quite well, with safety webbing moving around, that kind of thing. It's rare to see something like this in Assetto Corsa, so thanks @AccAkut.

AI needs to go back to driving school to handle this car though, they can't seem to work it out. In a 10-grid AI field at Brno, none of them were still running after four laps, lol. All had crashed. :roflmao:
Easy win!
That's weird, I did a lot of AI tweaking around the Nordschleife and Macau, and in general if the cars survive those they do every other track (and I don't have a copy of Brno here I think). Normally I have them at 98% skill.
And rotating fans are almost an injoke with my cars, they all have some (or three..).

That's weird, I did a lot of AI tweaking around the Nordschleife and Macau, and in general if the cars survive those they do every other track (and I don't have a copy of Brno here I think). Normally I have them at 98% skill.
And rotating fans are almost an injoke with my cars, they all have some (or three..).
You are right, my mistake - it's the AI lines on that particular track. Track limits at Brno seem a little off so AI cars spend quite a lot of time with two wheels in the dust. It was just sod's law that that was the first track I tried. Just tested at Imola and all is good.
:)

Only strange behavior is some loose feeling again on rear end on low speed corners. I would like more mechanical grip or maybe suspension a small fix. Could be thinking wrong. Really small detail.
I'm aware of that but we could not dial it out completely, really don't know what exactly causes this.
For one I gave the car slightly higher inertia and CoG values (compared to the other Group-C) because it just is build differently. All the engine components are positioned way higher and more outward of the Tiga GC chassis than it was originally designed for. Compare the top of the bronze wishbone girder, the top of the Buick V8 is almost in line with it, while on the KRB the whole turbo system is above it plus way more cage bars high up too. Also more weight further out the rear with that huge exhaust&silencer
Tiga-GC287-Rover-3080.jpg

iiii.jpg

Another thing is the tires which, as the real car runs contemporary GT tires, are based on Kunos GT3 tires. We fiddled with all the numbers but maybe they still don't like 200 kg less weight in certain load situations.

I asked the team for feedback on this but got the reply that we are basically already using more math on this digital car than they used on the real one :confused::confused: Its also never driven as hard, just not needed, exit a turn, pin the pedal down and all competitors are gone

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 546 68.7%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 344 43.3%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 363 45.7%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 184 23.1%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 214 26.9%
Back