kristiannn's AI Mod V2.0

i have noticed that sometimes the AI car on Pole in qually sometimes is 3 seconds quicker than AI in p2 qually.. this has happened twice now. ABU DABI p1 AI did 1.33.xxx, P2 did 1.36.xxx

An answer for Kristiann: If I skip the Practice sessions (or accelerate the time during the sessions), or accelerate the time during the Qualification (also using the command to do "Launch lap" and not manually exiting the pit (to prevent tyre bug)): those actions can produce strange times or performances of the AI in Qualification? The right difficult to use is "Professional" right? With Legend in Qualification the AI set monster-unreal times (me, with a Toro Rosso, beaten by some lower cars... the other midfield cars faster than me). Thanks for the attention Kristiann. :)

I have exactly the same problem. When using Legend, the top drivers put laptimes which are impossible for races in first couple of laps (1.27.7@Suzuka,1.22.9@Melbourne). Also lower teams are much much faster than they normally should be. Hamilton behind Karthikeyan and stuff like that. I'm gonna stick with Professional AI as it seems that the performance of "my" Professional is on the level of "your" Legend. I'm not sure how this happened, maybe out of sight bug kicks in but this happens with both Ace and kristiannn's mods.

Is STR meant to be selectable in career mode? considering me and Buemi qualified in the top 10.
Also Petrov was leading the race and huge gaps formed on the first lap (This is Melbourne 40% dry and I'm playing on intermediate
).​

@ kristiannn: I just finished the first race of my career (Melbourne 50%). As you may recall I used the first mod for damages, but now I have decided to remove it because with your mod at the end of the race there are too many cars retiring.
I initially tried using the value 1.9 of the damage (via the mod can be set as values ​​1.3, 1.6 and 1.9), but precisely because there were too many withdrawals cars collided. So I tried it with the value 1.3 thinking to solve but to no avail. Evidently the aggressiveness that AI is fine if you gave the game by default but otherwise the damage becomes a problem because there are many contacts between the AI cars.
For this reason, we had proposed, for successive versions of your mod, to use damage mod as it would have had, of course, always if possible, the same aggressive AI but with more damage in super realistic.
Anyway back to the race, I noticed something strange, maybe it's just my impression but it seems that every time the cars in front of me, especially those I dub suddenly slow down to go at my own pace, allowing me to go over and even exceed them. I would not that be just my impression.
Then the other thing I noticed is that in Melbourne (for now I only tried that track), there are stretches where cars fighting for position with me is a lot faster than me and other traits that are rather slower. I do not know if this is just my impression.

@ kristiannn: I just finished the first race of my career (Melbourne 50%). As you may recall I used the first mod for damages, but now I have decided to remove it because with your mod at the end of the race there are too many cars retiring.
I initially tried using the value 1.9 of the damage (via the mod can be set as values ​​1.3, 1.6 and 1.9), but precisely because there were too many withdrawals cars collided. So I tried it with the value 1.3 thinking to solve but to no avail. Evidently the aggressiveness that AI is fine if you gave the game by default but otherwise the damage becomes a problem because there are many contacts between the AI cars.
For this reason, we had proposed, for successive versions of your mod, to use damage mod as it would have had, of course, always if possible, the same aggressive AI but with more damage in super realistic.
Anyway back to the race, I noticed something strange, maybe it's just my impression but it seems that every time the cars in front of me, especially those I dub suddenly slow down to go at my own pace, allowing me to go over and even exceed them. I would not that be just my impression.
Then the other thing I noticed is that in Melbourne (for now I only tried that track), there are stretches where cars fighting for position with me is a lot faster than me and other traits that are rather slower. I do not know if this is just my impression.

I thought you all were able to use damage modifiers now.... :X

The other thing is simple - it's from the catchup file. When they get a "good gap" they start driving slower to save fuel/tires and shits...

Hello, do I have to install all mods from v2.0 till v2.3, or is it enough to install only the last one?

only last one

I have exactly the same problem. When using Legend, the top drivers put laptimes which are impossible for races in first couple of laps (1.27.7@Suzuka,1.22.9@Melbourne). Also lower teams are much much faster than they normally should be. Hamilton behind Karthikeyan and stuff like that. I'm gonna stick with Professional AI as it seems that the performance of "my" Professional is on the level of "your" Legend. I'm not sure how this happened, maybe out of sight bug kicks in but this happens with both Ace and kristiannn's mods.

I don't have such problems.. I even gain positions in the first part of the race.

I did some testing yesterday again and noticed that when I start 100% race, all AI cars brake very early because of the fuel load. I could very well keep up the pace and even gain some positions as you said. But when I start 10% race, the load is around 7-8 laps of fuel and they are quite good with lighter car. I don't know how your mods work, but is it the game deciding how the AI pace should be in 100%,50% and lower, or you manually adjusted their lap times/pace/cornering speed/braking zones? I'm pretty certain that the values you adjust are for the lightest car possible and the game gradually adjusts it by its own rules. If this is the case then Legend is spot on in the beginning of a 100% race, relatively quick in the start of 50% and lightning fast in 10%. Is this true?
One more thing, if there are separate values for every race length, can you adjust them?

I did some testing yesterday again and noticed that when I start 100% race, all AI cars brake very early because of the fuel load. I could very well keep up the pace and even gain some positions as you said. But when I start 10% race, the load is around 7-8 laps of fuel and they are quite good with lighter car. I don't know how your mods work, but is it the game deciding how the AI pace should be in 100%,50% and lower, or you manually adjusted their lap times/pace/cornering speed/braking zones? I'm pretty certain that the values you adjust are for the lightest car possible and the game gradually adjusts it by its own rules. If this is the case then Legend is spot on in the beginning of a 100% race, relatively quick in the start of 50% and lightning fast in 10%. Is this true?
One more thing, if there are separate values for every race length, can you adjust them?

It should be the opposite way. They have to be a lot faster in 100% than in 10% compared to you. Or at least that's the way they have to work. I don't have any problems starting the races in any of these %'s. Probably you're not good at setting unrealistic lap times. :D

Hm, I know that I'm slow, no need to exaggerate that :D
My point was, If I am able to keep up and even race them properly in the beginning of 100% race (first 5 laps), then why shouldn't I do the same in 10%? Suddenly I'm way better racing in a heavy like a tank HRT than a light, easier to drive car. Something going very odd around here. Anyway I'll try them on Legend today again and see if the problem is me or my game bugged out.

By the way, how is the HRT compared to Virgin and Lotus. Have you made them a bit slower/quicker or it's only the default tiering system - they are all tier 5. Have made per-team changes, for example Lotus being a bit quicker than the other two?

Hm, I know that I'm slow, no need to exaggerate that :D
My point was, If I am able to keep up and even race them properly in the beginning of 100% race (first 5 laps), then why shouldn't I do the same in 10%? Suddenly I'm way better racing in a heavy like a tank HRT than a light, easier to drive car. Something going very odd around here. Anyway I'll try them on Legend today again and see if the problem is me or my game bugged out.

Try Mercedes :)

I thought you all were able to use damage modifiers now.... :X

Unfortunately, your mod works properly only with the default damages, as soon as there is a mod that makes the damage much more realistic, I think it would be nice to be able to make your mod perfectly "compatible" with the setup so damage speak up (I'm referring to the value 1.9 of the mod).

The other thing is simple - it's from the catchup file. When they get a "good gap" they start driving slower to save fuel/tires and shits...

ok, so it is normal and it seems also quite realistic.

I wrote this yesterday "An answer for Kristiann: If I skip the Practice sessions (or accelerate the time during the sessions), or accelerate the time during the Qualification (also using the command to do "Launch lap" and not manually exiting the pit (to prevent tyre bug)): those actions can produce strange times or performances of the AI in Qualification? The right difficult to use is "Professional" right? With Legend in Qualification the AI set monster-unreal times (me, with a Toro Rosso, beaten by some lower cars... the other midfield cars faster than me). Thanks for the attention Kristiann."

So the right level is Professional? Yesterady in Malaysia qualifyng appened me a strange thing:

- in dry conditions, in Q1 Karthikeyan and Liuzzi both passed to Q2 (2nd e 3rd time), and Webber and Massa eliminated (18th and 19th): this result in Real time (without fast forward the time);
- in Q2, skipping the session (simulated)the times are ok (Liuzzi and Karthikeyan 16th and 17th with a huge gap).

The strange thing is this: I do a clean install of the game, without any mod (only your AI mod, initially 2.0 and next overwrtitten with 2.1 and then 2.3). So you probably answer to me "I don't have such problems"... Must I have to reinstall the game and apply directly the 2.3 mod? Or from 2.0 all the versions to 2.3?

Thanks

Had an issue at hungary where cars would go twice the amount of laps without pitting for tyres, at first i thought it was a one off bug so i restarted the race and set out to follow a pack of cars around, turns out they try to go into the pits and brake late, lock up and miss the entrance, go across the grass and back onto the track. they retry twice then give up until their next scheduled stop. the only teams that didnt do this at all were ferrari and mclaren who finished the race lapping everyone upto 4th.

I wrote this yesterday "An answer for Kristiann: If I skip the Practice sessions (or accelerate the time during the sessions), or accelerate the time during the Qualification (also using the command to do "Launch lap" and not manually exiting the pit (to prevent tyre bug)): those actions can produce strange times or performances of the AI in Qualification? The right difficult to use is "Professional" right? With Legend in Qualification the AI set monster-unreal times (me, with a Toro Rosso, beaten by some lower cars... the other midfield cars faster than me). Thanks for the attention Kristiann."

So the right level is Professional? Yesterady in Malaysia qualifyng appened me a strange thing:

- in dry conditions, in Q1 Karthikeyan and Liuzzi both passed to Q2 (2nd e 3rd time), and Webber and Massa eliminated (18th and 19th): this result in Real time (without fast forward the time);
- in Q2, skipping the session (simulated)the times are ok (Liuzzi and Karthikeyan 16th and 17th with a huge gap).

The strange thing is this: I do a clean install of the game, without any mod (only your AI mod, initially 2.0 and next overwrtitten with 2.1 and then 2.3). So you probably answer to me "I don't have such problems"... Must I have to reinstall the game and apply directly the 2.3 mod? Or from 2.0 all the versions to 2.3?

Thanks

The right thing to do is to fast forward as much as possible. It's just not fixable when there is still an out of sight bug and when I've tried to made the quali a little bit harder.

Had an issue at hungary where cars would go twice the amount of laps without pitting for tyres, at first i thought it was a one off bug so i restarted the race and set out to follow a pack of cars around, turns out they try to go into the pits and brake late, lock up and miss the entrance, go across the grass and back onto the track. they retry twice then give up until their next scheduled stop. the only teams that didnt do this at all were ferrari and mclaren who finished the race lapping everyone upto 4th.

It's probably from you. I've never had such problems. The game is very, very buggy. I've had to reinstall it 10+ times so you should do this. :D

Just wondering if there was a way to increase the speed the player's tyres come up to temperature in a wet race? Just had a very close wet race in India but when it was dry enough to put on slicks, the Ai's tyres seemed to come up to temperature instantly whereas mine took laps

In a race. The AI keep braking late and going deep at the 4th corner (first corner of the first chicane) and then they go wide trying to hit the apex of the next corner and end up in the gravel.

MONZA

Race pace is good except the AI brake slightly too early for parabolica and it makes an easy overtaking opportunity for me

Started a 50% at catalunya and the AI are pretty quick but they are all over the place. Especially they take too much speed into the corner before the final chicane and the final chicane. They then try to get back on the racing line and get in everyone's way.

Just a comment on AI lap time consistency at Melbourne on a 40% race, short weekend. (on intermediate difficulty).
In practice I set a lap time in the 1:29s and finished 17th. In Qualifying I did a 1:27 for pole while Mark Webber (2nd on the grid) posted a 1:29. Then in the race the AI seemed to be lapping in the 1:26 range which is unrealistic considering they couldn't get near it in a light car in Qualifying.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 36 8.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Yearly

Votes: 29 6.7%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.3%