kristiannn's AI Mod V2.0

Just for me to understand it:
Is it possible for you to change the teams available at the career start, so that there are still only 5 teams avilable but others, or will this also create a huge mess.
Srry to annoy you with this :)

Hey Bill , nice to hear from you mate.

I will give that a go and see what happens, i just had three really good races at 40% distance. With version 2.3.

But i am getting a large amount of DNF's from the AI which i put down to the damage mod i am running.

So i will run the v1 and see the difference, nice to hear from you once again mate.

Should be a good qual session at China this arvo mate.

Can't wait for Qualy this arvo!! Let me know if/when you use V1 and how it compares to V2.3.
How about we try a race together full of AI with this mod...i know it works multiplayer.

It's normal. Their cars get lighter but their tires wear down. For example if I do 1.27.xxx at the beginning of the race, till the end of the stint I'm always around 1.27.xxx and I may better it with a few tenths but not anything big. The problem is in you. It may be because you wear off the tires too fast or because you use too little wing. When your car is with worn tires it understeers. When the car is understeering - you need more wing to lower the understeer. And when you put worn tires + heavy car it gets a lot harder. That's why I always play this game with a lot of wing. Even on Monza I'm with over 6 or 7 wings.

It will be slowed, don't worry.

Thanks for the video! I may even post it on the first post. You were quite lucky for passing him 2 corners before the flag! :D

What are these "invisible wall strikes"?

If you modify this - your game will get upside down. If it was possible to do it without bringing 500 problems I would include that. :p
Kristiannn, i removed the V2.3 and ran the same race with same setup which i was running with high wing 7 and 6 (i always do too) checking the lap times with the same guys i did before. I found that the AI times corresponded with the race i ran with V2.3 mod installed, slower due to no MOD but the AI times constant with the Modded race lap times. However my times are now constant with the AI , no understeer until my tires a worn at around lap 13. And no AI driving past me like i'm stopped. It must be something in the MOD that is causing this, have you factored tire degradation into your MOD? i can't understand why i am getting this steering issue when my tires are still showing fair wear on the HUD display ie slightly orange after 8 laps when racing with V2.3!!

Kristiannn, i removed the V2.3 and ran the same race with same setup which i was running with high wing 7 and 6 (i always do too) checking the lap times with the same guys i did before. I found that the AI times corresponded with the race i ran with V2.3 mod installed, slower due to no MOD but the AI times constant with the Modded race lap times. However my times are now constant with the AI , no understeer until my tires a worn at around lap 13. And no AI driving past me like i'm stopped. It must be something in the MOD that is causing this, have you factored tire degradation into your MOD? i can't understand why i am getting this steering issue when my tires are still showing fair wear on the HUD display ie slightly orange after 8 laps when racing with V2.3!!

I haven't touched tire degradation. It may be because I've increased the fuel you're starting the race with. With more fuel - you're pressuring the tires more. It may be this. But I haven't touched the tires. I actually can't. The tire information is in the exe file. I can't change it. I can change only the AI's. Try to use my mod WITHOUT the database. If the tire degradation is like before than it's probably from the higher fuel load at the start of the race.

Just for me to understand it:
Is it possible for you to change the teams available at the career start, so that there are still only 5 teams avilable but others, or will this also create a huge mess.
Srry to annoy you with this :)

It seems I have to do a lot of explaining on this so everyone can understand me correctly.

The teams are separated into Tiers. The tier of the team shows where in the field the team is. For example Tier 1 teams are McLaren, RBR, Ferrari. They are the top teams and they're Tier 1. Tier 5 teams are the slowest - HRT, Virgin, Lotus. (2011 names..).

The game is set to let you choose one of the teams from Tier 5 and 4. In my mod the teams are: HRT, Virgin, Lotus, Williams, Toro Rosso. This is pretty much obvious. Now if I want to make McLaren one of the choices for a starting team, I must make it from Tier 1 to Tier 4 or 5. But every Tier has its' performance index. The higher it is - the better the teams in the tier perform. For example I've set the performance index for Tier 5 to 0.4 and for Tier 1 - 1.0. If I make McLaren a Tier 5 team - it will perform like an HRT, Virgin, Lotus. (The AI will drive with such speed, the car will be the same). This brings the problem. Many people have decided to make EVERYTHING upside down. This means, they've changed all the teams from Tier 1 to 5 and etc. This will result in: Tier 5 teams - McLaren, RBR, Ferrari ; Tier 4 - Mercedes, Renault and etc. They've also changed the performance indexes of the teams upside down again. Tier 5 - 1.0 ; Tier 1 - 0.4. This makes quite a mess. Now the best performing team in season 1 of your career will go to Tier 4 (it will go 1 tier up).. BUT!! It will struggle and fight with the other Tier 4 teams because not Tier 4 is not better than tier 5. This upside down thing brings another problem. Expectations of the teams. If you don't change your expectations - it will be. HRT - MUST FINISH 1ST!!! And McLaren - It will be good if you finish better than 21st this race. Another thing - Tier 5 teams have bigger chance of DNF, bigger chance of getting technical issues and etc.... And now these will be the top teams... Another thing - engine power. Lower tier - lower engine power. Not only for the AI cars but for yours too. You'll have to change the engine powers for the AI upside down but yours will be lower and you can't do anything about it. When you're Tier 5 - you get a LOT less upgrades through the season than if you're Tier 1. It's 5 AM so I can't think a lot. There are a lot other things but now I can't get up my mind. Now when I read what I've written I think "Well it's actually possible" but I know it's not. I can't tell you why, because I actually can't think of the reason. I just know. :D

Hey Bill , nice to hear from you mate.

I will give that a go and see what happens, i just had three really good races at 40% distance. With version 2.3.

But i am getting a large amount of DNF's from the AI which i put down to the damage mod i am running.

So i will run the v1 and see the difference, nice to hear from you once again mate.

Should be a good qual session at China this arvo mate.

V1.01 - very slow AI. You will be able to play with a big damage modifier but the AI will have very low pace.

I'm going to repeat myself on an item i posted for V1.0 if this MOD. IF anyone is able to take up the challenge of recreating the F1 2010 AI Tool Kit for F1 2011 i think it would solve many many issues. This V2.3 MOD is great but everyone is different and wanting different things out of the game. The F1 2010 AI Tool Kit was an amazing piece of software which enabled total personal control over every detail of speed, braking, cornering, lap times, qualifying and weather and so much more. It is way beyond me to do, but if someone reading this can achieve such a thing or modify the old software it would solve everything.

A question to Kristiannn, did you say that the F1 2010 AI Tool Kit works for some things on F1 2011 if so what can i change with it?

Many thanks. & Kristiannn thank you for your time and to everyone else who is trying to achieve greater game experience.

I used F1 2010 AI Tool Kit. It's a great program. It really is. But I can't make it. It's just out of my reach. I'm just a modder, not a programmer. If there are too many complains after the next version I may quit this mod and make one GUIDE how to mod your game and everyone will be able to make it as he wants. It won't be like using a program but I'll try to make everything pretty clear so everyone can understand it. It will be actually a lot easier for me. I'll write down everything I know and everyone will do whatever he wants. I won't have to work but I'm pretty sure people will be happier if I release mods. I just think that way. :D

I haven't touched tire degradation. It may be because I've increased the fuel you're starting the race with. With more fuel - you're pressuring the tires more. It may be this. But I haven't touched the tires. I actually can't. The tire information is in the exe file. I can't change it. I can change only the AI's. Try to use my mod WITHOUT the database. If the tire degradation is like before than it's probably from the higher fuel load at the start of the race.

It seems I have to do a lot of explaining on this so everyone can understand me correctly.

The teams are separated into Tiers. The tier of the team shows where in the field the team is. For example Tier 1 teams are McLaren, RBR, Ferrari. They are the top teams and they're Tier 1. Tier 5 teams are the slowest - HRT, Virgin, Lotus. (2011 names..).

The game is set to let you choose one of the teams from Tier 5 and 4. In my mod the teams are: HRT, Virgin, Lotus, Williams, Toro Rosso. This is pretty much obvious. Now if I want to make McLaren one of the choices for a starting team, I must make it from Tier 1 to Tier 4 or 5. But every Tier has its' performance index. The higher it is - the better the teams in the tier perform. For example I've set the performance index for Tier 5 to 0.4 and for Tier 1 - 1.0. If I make McLaren a Tier 5 team - it will perform like an HRT, Virgin, Lotus. (The AI will drive with such speed, the car will be the same). This brings the problem. Many people have decided to make EVERYTHING upside down. This means, they've changed all the teams from Tier 1 to 5 and etc. This will result in: Tier 5 teams - McLaren, RBR, Ferrari ; Tier 4 - Mercedes, Renault and etc. They've also changed the performance indexes of the teams upside down again. Tier 5 - 1.0 ; Tier 1 - 0.4. This makes quite a mess. Now the best performing team in season 1 of your career will go to Tier 4 (it will go 1 tier up).. BUT!! It will struggle and fight with the other Tier 4 teams because not Tier 4 is not better than tier 5. This upside down thing brings another problem. Expectations of the teams. If you don't change your expectations - it will be. HRT - MUST FINISH 1ST!!! And McLaren - It will be good if you finish better than 21st this race. Another thing - Tier 5 teams have bigger chance of DNF, bigger chance of getting technical issues and etc.... And now these will be the top teams... Another thing - engine power. Lower tier - lower engine power. Not only for the AI cars but for yours too. You'll have to change the engine powers for the AI upside down but yours will be lower and you can't do anything about it. When you're Tier 5 - you get a LOT less upgrades through the season than if you're Tier 1. It's 5 AM so I can't think a lot. There are a lot other things but now I can't get up my mind. Now when I read what I've written I think "Well it's actually possible" but I know it's not. I can't tell you why, because I actually can't think of the reason. I just know. :D

V1.01 - very slow AI. You will be able to play with a big damage modifier but the AI will have very low pace.

I used F1 2010 AI Tool Kit. It's a great program. It really is. But I can't make it. It's just out of my reach. I'm just a modder, not a programmer. If there are too many complains after the next version I may quit this mod and make one GUIDE how to mod your game and everyone will be able to make it as he wants. It won't be like using a program but I'll try to make everything pretty clear so everyone can understand it. It will be actually a lot easier for me. I'll write down everything I know and everyone will do whatever he wants. I won't have to work but I'm pretty sure people will be happier if I release mods. I just think that way. :D
I'm trying not to sound like I'm complaining :)D ) , I'm trying to learn and understand what can be changed what can't and what has been changed!! I am grateful for your help!! So can the F1 2010 tool kit be used in any way for F1 2011? or did they use different coding?
I just used Aces AI v1.2 and it has the same problem but only after about lap 11 or 12. I guess his fuel was lower as you increased yours, so I am thinking as you are that the fuel load is causing this issue with me! How can i change the fuel back to original value and not change anything else as it is very good what you have done, I am just not coping with the fuel change!! Many thanks

I'm trying not to sound like I'm complaining :)D ) , I'm trying to learn and understand what can be changed what can't and what has been changed!! I am grateful for your help!! So can the F1 2010 tool kit be used in any way for F1 2011? or did they use different coding?
I just used Aces AI v1.2 and it has the same problem but only after about lap 11 or 12. I guess his fuel was lower as you increased yours, so I am thinking as you are that the fuel load is causing this issue with me! How can i change the fuel back to original value and not change anything else as it is very good what you have done, I am just not coping with the fuel change!! Many thanks

You can open the XML files with the AI Tool Kit and that's about it. As for the tire degradation try with my mod V1.01 database. ONLY the database. Tell me the results and I'll see what to do.

Thanks for taking your time to answer. You're right, those are a lot of issues thst comes with those changes.

Well this is strange. I have NEVER seen such things in F1 2011! :O And I've done quiet a lot races @ Monza. I'm playing cracked F1 2011 but with Patch 1.2. Original exe, original files except the ones that I've touched. Can you crash into those "Invisible walls"?
Hope this works, sorry for the quality. Just managed to catch this in a replay using FRAPS. The leader appears to hop into the air over an invisible ramp, totally untouched by the 2nd place guy then spins off into the wall !!

Hope this works, sorry for the quality. Just managed to catch this in a replay using FRAPS. The leader appears to hop into the air over an invisible ramp, totally untouched by the 2nd place guy then spins off into the wall !!

What the ****??? I have NEVER seen such things. LOL. CM have really screwed up a lot. :/ Now I'm thinking about it. The car is trying to get below the asphalt - it can't so it catapults resulting the car to spin. I don't think I can do anything about it. :/

Here is another view. It happened in two different races on the same corner starting the Malaysian GP

You can open the XML files with the AI Tool Kit and that's about it. As for the tire degradation try with my mod V1.01 database. ONLY the database. Tell me the results and I'll see what to do.
OK copied just the V1.01 database and raced using same setup as before and my lap times remain constant with the AI and maintained good lap times. I was able to hold off any challenges for over taking right up to my pit stop with a drop off in performance a couple of laps before my scheduled pit stop, not half way through my stint...so it worked... no more sitting duck.... must be something in the V2.3 database, as you said probably increased fuel or something!! So...what to do about it? :)

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 547 68.7%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 345 43.3%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 364 45.7%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 184 23.1%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 214 26.9%
Back