kristiannn's AI Mod V2.0

Some more results: Instabul GP (career mode, legend AI, TC on). As you can see results are quite normal throughout the field.Same with the fastest time of each driver.Looks like a real result. And just 3 DNFs. Maybe i'm lucky and this mode works perfect in my game!:)
61009565.jpg
56779772.jpg
24250996.jpg
95895551.jpg

Kristiannn i use the database with added BHP and i had no problem so far.I tried all versions of race length.I just have to pay attention to the set up of the car because in some tracks default setup is ok for real challenge and in some other i have to tweak it a little to be competitive.In my opinion it's a small price i have to pay for enjoying great races.You can't have it all after all

Kristiannn i use the database with added BHP and i had no problem so far.I tried all versions of race length.I just have to pay attention to the set up of the car because in some tracks default setup is ok for real challenge and in some other i have to tweak it a little to be competitive.In my opinion it's a small price i have to pay for enjoying great races.You can't have it all after all

Dimos, not everyone is racing with TC on and this makes things quite different. Don't know if kristiannn has made the mod using TC but racing without it is a clear disadvantage with this mod. Lap times are too fast and TC shouldn't improves your laptimes, it should slow you down. I'll try a race with TC on to see if there is the problem.

You say having to alter your setup is a disadvantage? Hah, I thought it's the sport. I thought it was fun to actually find the best setup for you, not the other way around.

Dimos, not everyone is racing with TC on and this makes things quite different. Don't know if kristiannn has made the mod using TC but racing without it is a clear disadvantage with this mod. Lap times are too fast and TC shouldn't improves your laptimes, it should slow you down. I'll try a race with TC on to see if there is the problem.

You say having to alter your setup is a disadvantage? Hah, I thought it's the sport. I thought it was fun to actually find the best setup for you, not the other way around.

I totally agree with you. The disadvantage is that probably the AI mods were tweaked to race with default setup (or so i read). About the TC, i also like to race without it but Codemasters didn't create a simulator game like GTR or rFactor, so if using TC makes my gameplay better i have no problem using it.It's not something i pay to much attention.My main concerne is to enjoy the game

I totally agree with you. The disadvantage is that probably the AI mods were tweaked to race with default setup (or so i read). About the TC, i also like to race without it but Codemasters didn't create a simulator game like GTR or rFactor, so if using TC makes my gameplay better i have no problem using it.It's not something i pay to much attention.My main concerne is to enjoy the game
If it levels out the BHP disadvantage, i'd hapilly use TC. Raced China today, and the AI were just strolling past me on the long straight.

I don't think TC would improve anything. I've never used TC on F1 2011 but they said they'll add weight to your car if you're using TC so you should be slower on the straights with it.

Hi, is it setup then do you think how Dimos is able to slipstream and pass the AI in his video? I could not get anywhere near even 'slower' cars on the straight at China, I was having to always look behind and defend.

Thanks

Hi, is it setup then do you think how Dimos is able to slipstream and pass the AI in his video? I could not get anywhere near even 'slower' cars on the straight at China, I was having to always look behind and defend.

Thanks

He's just exiting the corner good. I don't have problems with the straight speed of the AI's too. It depends on your skills. When the AI car in front is faster, you have to exit the corners very good. Some players can do it, some can't. I will lower the BHP of the AI's with the next version or I'll make a few versions with different BHP so people can choose. It's all about skills. Actually his setup may have affect on this but not big. It helps a lot if the car is understeering, not oversteering. Because you can be on the throttle too early and you'll have a better exit. But this is only a theory.

He's just exiting the corner good. I don't have problems with the straight speed of the AI's too. It depends on your skills. When the AI car in front is faster, you have to exit the corners very good. Some players can do it, some can't. I will lower the BHP of the AI's with the next version or I'll make a few versions with different BHP so people can choose. It's all about skills. Actually his setup may have affect on this but not big. It helps a lot if the car is understeering, not oversteering. Because you can be on the throttle too early and you'll have a better exit. But this is only a theory.
Thanks! Probably I am not so fast :( - I look forward to you version with lower AI BHP - so I can play on legend and not get smoked! :) Many Thanks for all of you effort!

Hi Kristiannn, the invisible walls are evident at Spa and Monza.

At Spa the occur at Eau Rouge and at Monza the appear at random spots anywhere.

And on the middle of the track not just after running wide or over kurbs.

AI is being destroyed when they hit them, at Monza i had 7 DNF's with 3 being down to invisible walls.

It's not your mod mate that's done it, it's a codemasters failure.

I enjoy your mod very much, i just had three of the best races i have ever had in F1 2011 thanks to your work.

Cheers.

AI is being destroyed when they hit them, at Monza i had 7 DNF's with 3 being down to invisible walls.

I enjoy your mod very much, i just had three of the best races i have ever had in F1 2011 thanks to your work.

Cheers.
I had invisible wall at Malaysia turn 3 i think first lap. The leader bounced into the air with no cars around it, but luckily landed and carried on racing!!

Cheers.
I had invisible wall at Malaysia turn 3 i think first lap. The leader bounced into the air with no cars around it, but luckily landed and carried on racing!!

Well this is strange. I have NEVER seen such things in F1 2011! :O And I've done quiet a lot races @ Monza. I'm playing cracked F1 2011 but with Patch 1.2. Original exe, original files except the ones that I've touched. Can you crash into those "Invisible walls"?

I'm going to repeat myself on an item i posted for V1.0 if this MOD. IF anyone is able to take up the challenge of recreating the F1 2010 AI Tool Kit for F1 2011 i think it would solve many many issues. This V2.3 MOD is great but everyone is different and wanting different things out of the game. The F1 2010 AI Tool Kit was an amazing piece of software which enabled total personal control over every detail of speed, braking, cornering, lap times, qualifying and weather and so much more. It is way beyond me to do, but if someone reading this can achieve such a thing or modify the old software it would solve everything.

A question to Kristiannn, did you say that the F1 2010 AI Tool Kit works for some things on F1 2011 if so what can i change with it?

Many thanks. & Kristiannn thank you for your time and to everyone else who is trying to achieve greater game experience.

Cheers.

Hi Michael, which version of this mod are you using? I installed V1 and haven't touched/updated it since because i had 2 races with it and everything went perfect! I had just 1 or 2 retirements all race and even Schuey tried to overtake me around the outside of T4 Melbourne...he ended up running wide and i got away...only for a little while though hehe. Fantastic!!!
I'm just not game to update V1 as it seemed to be great the way it was.

If anybody wants to see how V1 has been going in terms of aggression, qualy times, race results, fastest laps, retirements et cetera check out my first 2 career races on YT (search for "brd1666"). Short weekend, 50% races. :p

P.S. Thanks Kristiannn :)

You can't run into them at will, they are there one lap and not the next.

They are like Ghosts, it's not your mod that's doing it it's always been a Codemasters fault with this game.

It's just with AI being more aggressive and competing harder i think they are finding these spots more often.

Cheers and i do appreciate what your are doing for our game.

Hi Michael, which version of this mod are you using? I installed V1 and haven't touched/updated it since because i had 2 races with it and everything went perfect! I had just 1 or 2 retirements all race and even Schuey tried to overtake me around the outside of T4 Melbourne...he ended up running wide and i got away...only for a little while though hehe. Fantastic!!!
I'm just not game to update V1 as it seemed to be great the way it was.

If anybody wants to see how V1 has been going in terms of aggression, qualy times, race results, fastest laps, retirements et cetera check out my first 2 career races on YT (search for "brd1666"). Short weekend, 50% races. :p

P.S. Thanks Kristiannn :)

Hey Bill , nice to hear from you mate.

I will give that a go and see what happens, i just had three really good races at 40% distance. With version 2.3.

But i am getting a large amount of DNF's from the AI which i put down to the damage mod i am running.

So i will run the v1 and see the difference, nice to hear from you once again mate.

Should be a good qual session at China this arvo mate.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 38 8.5%
  • Monthly

Votes: 21 4.7%
  • Yearly

Votes: 31 7.0%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.2%