LA Canyons

Tracks LA Canyons 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Loving the track and the VIP version as well. One question that i'm curious about regarding the pacific coast map vs. this one is the a.i. behavior. the LA canyons 2 way traffic is the only mod i've been able to find where the traffic cars will overtake and drive aggressively vs. just cruising around and putting at a relatively slow speed. Is there something special you did here compared to other modders or specifically the pacific coast mod? I really enjoy blasting through while having other cars also pushing hard and passing in the oncoming traffic. really gives a great experience, especially the crazy wrecks and near misses. thanks again.

Thanks mate, will give that a go :)

Thanks for that...
I thought that was just for Material Adjust / Light series... ok cool :)

I also wouldn't mind having the insects be more prominent on hot days... But maybe that's pushing it :D

well well, it's all very possible :D

in common/conditions.ini you have all the ready-to-go conditions, like NIGHT_SMOOTH, you also have SEASON_SUMMER_NORTH and so on :cool:

(edit: sorry it changed page :x)

I was under the impression that you could stack conditions, but I can't find anything about that anymore :(
So you could use YEAR_PROGRESS as INPUT and set the volume higher during summer months or breading months, etc.
But then you'd lose the daytime silence.

So I have this now: birds start at sunrise and shut up just before sunset.
Code:
[CONDITION_...]
NAME = BIRD_VOLUME
INPUT = SUN
LUT = (|0=2|88=2|89=0|180=0)
LAG = 0.5

[EVENT_...]
ID = nettassen/birds1
REVERB_RESPONSE = 0
POSITION = -319, 12, 388 ;X,Z,-Y
DIRECTION = 0, 0, 1
VOLUME = BIRD_VOLUME
CAMERA_INTERIOR_MULT = 0.8
CAMERA_EXTERIOR_MULT = 1
CAMERA_TRACK_MULT = 1

But there is also this:
Code:
[CONDITION_...]
NAME = CROWD_VOLUME
INPUT = SPECTATORS
MIN = 0
MAX = 1
LUT = (|0=0|1=1|)

[EVENT_...]
ID = nettassen/crowd1
REVERB_RESPONSE = 0
POSITION = -169, 20, -92 ;X,Z,-Y
DIRECTION = 0, 0, 1
VOLUME = 3
CAMERA_INTERIOR_MULT = 0.4
CAMERA_EXTERIOR_MULT = 1
CAMERA_TRACK_MULT = 1
BOUND_TO_SPECTATORS=1
INPUT_KEY_0 = SPECTATORS
INPUT_VALUE_0 = CROWD_VOLUME
Where the volume of the crowd is determined by the amount of spectators, but also by the volume of the crowd? What if CROWD_VOLUME had YEAR_PROGRESS as INPUT, and the actual SFX has SPECTATORS as input.. Or in case of insects: what if insect_volume has year_progress as input and the SFX has SUN as input :rolleyes:
No idea if that'd work.. :roflmao: if not, we should ask Ilja.

I was under the impression that you could stack conditions, but I can't find anything about that anymore :(
So you could use YEAR_PROGRESS as INPUT and set the volume higher during summer months or breading months, etc.

Code:
[CONDITION_...]
NAME = BIRD_VOLUME
INPUT = SUN
LAG = 0.5

[EVENT_...]
ID = nettassen/birds1
REVERB_RESPONSE = 0
DIRECTION = 0, 0, 1
VOLUME = BIRD_VOLUME
CAMERA_EXTERIOR_MULT = 1
CAMERA_TRACK_MULT = 1

But there is also this:
Code:
[CONDITION_...]
NAME = CROWD_VOLUME
INPUT = SPECTATORS
MIN = 0
MAX = 1
LUT = (|0=0|1=1|)

[EVENT_...]
ID = nettassen/crowd1
REVERB_RESPONSE = 0
DIRECTION = 0, 0, 1
VOLUME = 3
CAMERA_EXTERIOR_MULT = 1
CAMERA_TRACK_MULT = 1
BOUND_TO_SPECTATORS=1
INPUT_KEY_0 = SPECTATORS
Where the volume of the crowd is determined by the amount of spectators, but also by the volume of the crowd? What if CROWD_VOLUME had YEAR_PROGRESS as INPUT, and the actual SFX has SPECTATORS as input.. Or in case of insects: what if insect_volume has year_progress as input and the SFX has SUN as input :rolleyes:
dual conditions, i asked a while back, and john777 said :
unknown.png

Code:
[CONDITION_...]
NAME = BIRD_VOLUME
INPUT = SUN
LAG = 0.5

[EVENT_...]
ID = nettassen/birds1
REVERB_RESPONSE = 0
DIRECTION = 0, 0, 1
VOLUME = BIRD_VOLUME
CAMERA_EXTERIOR_MULT = 1
CAMERA_TRACK_MULT = 1

But there is also this:
Code:
[CONDITION_...]
NAME = CROWD_VOLUME
INPUT = SPECTATORS
MIN = 0
MAX = 1
LUT = (|0=0|1=1|)

[EVENT_...]
ID = nettassen/crowd1
REVERB_RESPONSE = 0
DIRECTION = 0, 0, 1
VOLUME = 3
CAMERA_EXTERIOR_MULT = 1
CAMERA_TRACK_MULT = 1
BOUND_TO_SPECTATORS=1
INPUT_KEY_0 = SPECTATORS
Thanks for looking into it mate :)
Must admit I'm a fair way off looking into finalising SFX, Sun input (inversed from your example) should be good for the fairly random nocturnal 'activity', I can also play about with their placements to get some extra apparent variation. Sun input should might also be good for insect intensity :) Up until their volume can be adjusted based on track temp... possibly. I'm taking it track temp is influenced by cloud cover etc... Great to know there are plenty of options though, and the fact that SFX is even possible thanks to Ilja and everyone involved.

Now if only I can give the dynamic submarine, and Bat Cave some sound FX :D
(only joking...... or am I?... with more area than GTA V... I could have hidden anything out there)

Loving the track and the VIP version as well. One question that i'm curious about regarding the pacific coast map vs. this one is the a.i. behavior. the LA canyons 2 way traffic is the only mod i've been able to find where the traffic cars will overtake and drive aggressively vs. just cruising around and putting at a relatively slow speed. Is there something special you did here compared to other modders or specifically the pacific coast mod? I really enjoy blasting through while having other cars also pushing hard and passing in the oncoming traffic. really gives a great experience, especially the crazy wrecks and near misses. thanks again.
Thanks... My traffic will never be allowed to overtake. (2 Way traffic that overtakes is made by someone else)
Assetto Corsa AI is as blind as a bat to oncoming traffic, the AI having stupid headon collisions, gets old real fast...
IMO the crazy wrecks look really stupid... Good for a laugh maybe once, not in the long term.

If Assetto Corsas AI ever gets sorted (doubtful) to be able to see oncoming traffic, I'll let them out of their lane.
Otherwise your only option for crazy time is to rename the ai_hints.ini in the layouts data folder to remove all speed limits. However, If you do this and use different cars for AI... with different Power to Weight... they will bunch up FAR quicker, causing trains... again not that great looking.

Obviously the game is Race Track based, the fact there is even a way to do Two-Way Traffic, of any form, is a huge bonus. :)

Just wanted to know, I paid for the full version, will it come with future updates?
Hi Sam, thanks for the support... to start with.... VIP's will be the only people with early access to any update, starting with Platinum Supporters. It will likely be the case that the current version (1.2) and future version (1.4) will be compatible with each other online. Depending on how big the file size for any update gets, it may not be possible to upload any update to RD. Therefore non-supporters will likely stay on the current version, supporters will have access to shiny new 1.4 (or whatever version number I decide on)

Note:
Access to any additional HD (full-bore) version (using around 1gb textures on the terrain alone) will be extremely limited due to the download size, and data bandwidth (traffic) limitations on my store... Which is far from free in the first place. This will only be available to those cool dudes that have gone way beyond, have pushed development forward, and have helped keep the stores lights on.

If I decide to do a LiDAR version of LA Canyons (3DEP), this will be a mammoth amount of work, will be a separate beast, again available to the cool dudes! I'll work out the feasibility of this while testing my as yet unamed LiDAR road tests... Obviously 2022 has to play ball as well, so far it isn't so much :cautious:

I can also play about with their placements to get some extra apparent variation.
Do be aware that sounds are not played constantly and volume is increased when you're near. Anytime you go inside the "influence zone", the sound restarts. So be sure to have a few different sound files (or one and cut it up into pieces or shift the time on them and save as multiple files, etc.) so you won't hear the same criquet everytime again and again.

Do be aware that sounds are not played constantly and volume is increased when you're near. Anytime you go inside the "influence zone", the sound restarts. So be sure to have a few different sound files (or one and cut it up into pieces or shift the time on them and save as multiple files, etc.) so you won't hear the same criquet everytime again and again.
Nice one thanks. yeah if IRC I think I had around 20 wave variations for PCH... and they seem to trigger from a km or two :) I'll probably have a very quiet base sound with around 20 - 30 random thrown in on top, I think they even get randomly scattered in the set areas, if setup in fmod. cool stuff...

Massive thanks to Ilja for making track sounds possible in AC :) And whoever made the Object Inspector app... Genius! :thumbsup:

Two years ago today 1.2 was released (Lucky it was released when it was)

Version 1.4 is meanwhile is coming along... Angeles Crest now has it's only surface... Better shader setup, better road shine, better sense of speed... It's thru the roof! :cool:
lac_turnout_low_sun.jpg

lac_turnout_midday.jpg

The roads shade looks different dependent on lighting angle, some angles it's grey, some it's more sandy... As the real road surface does... If the sun is low it can almost dazzle slightly as you round a corner :)
angeles_crest_b.jpg

angeles_crest_a.jpg

Foliage hue/saturation/brightness quickly tweaked for now as things are balanced.
upper_big_tujunga_a.jpg

This is Upper Big Tujunga... For now with Angeles Crests road surface... It will get it's own surface...
upper_big_tujunga_b.jpg

Roads are only using Red & Blue on the mask for now... As I'll have a palette of 6 - 8 detail textures, I'll also use Green on all the masks.
angeles_crest_c.jpg

Nothing in these screens is really dialled in, maybe around 60%, so plenty of room for improvement.

A couple more random screens... checking the wet roads work ok... and got one of the side road materials working quite nicely... Almost time to clone them off and make multiple variations.
lac_viper_angeles_forest.jpg

Angeles Forest Highway - Sunset
lac_gtr_barley_flats.jpg

Barley Flats Road (Road to Mt Lawlor)

And if you haven't already, I'd recommend trying a server with traffic... I've tested PCH and LAC and both run really well... Insane racing another driver through traffic.

EDIT: I don't know the specifics of setting this up... But if you know a bit about servers it should be relatively straight forward, so I've been told.

I will admit, I didn't see the point in server traffic... I just thought, get more drivers in the server.... But now I get the appeal... Racing through traffic is pretty amazing! And even more dangerous.. The many blind corners on both tracks suit the traffic really well...

Thanks to @Gunja for getting a few things sorted with my CM version... I wrongly assumed getting it from the Content Manager page would be the up-to-date version... Nope! :)

Last edited:
Hello,

I have now installed (like the install guide guidance) the main v1.2 and the VIP Platinum pay version.

BUT I don't get AI traffic in One-way traffic or Two-way traffic.

What should I check or do ?

----

Ok I found the problem. Have to use Raceday and choose the cars on the tracks.

Last edited:
Hello,

I have now installed (like the install guide guidance) the main v1.2 and the VIP Platinum pay version.

BUT I don't get AI traffic in One-way traffic or Two-way traffic.

What should I check or do ?

----

Ok I found the problem. Have to use Raceday and choose the cars on the tracks.
Cheers! bear in mind... Race mode use around 20 - 30 AI - This uses default Assetto AI...
The AI line is 52 miles long... so 52 AI = 1 per mile on average.

Trackday mode only use a max of around 10 AI opponents... as this uses Custom Shaders Patch AI... and spawns, despawns, and respawns the AI around your car for seemingly infinite 'traffic'. Trackday you'll also likely have to Turn-off Fuel Consumption... If the AI stop in the middle of the road.

Have fun!

Cheers! bear in mind... Race mode use around 20 - 30 AI - This uses default Assetto AI...
The AI line is 52 miles long... so 52 AI = 1 per mile on average.

Trackday mode only use a max of around 10 AI opponents... as this uses Custom Shaders Patch AI... and spawns, despawns, and respawns the AI around your car for seemingly infinite 'traffic'. Trackday you'll also likely have to Turn-off Fuel Consumption... If the AI stop in the middle of the road.

Have fun!
Thank you for the infos! :thumbsup:
Will try this now!

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 38 33.9%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 33 29.5%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 18 16.1%
  • Watch party