LA Canyons

Tracks LA Canyons 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Ok, it's been a while... And I have some good news and some not so good news.

Not so good news first, unfortunately I've had some commitments over the last few months, which has meant any work on any updates has been slow or non-existent. Also there will not be a 1.1 version of LA Canyons.

That's because the good new is the next version will be a 1.2 :D
A few of the improvements of the upcoming 1.2 version...
Optimised meshes, lowering the poly count by 3/4's of a million!
Screenshot_ks_maserati_mc12_gt1_la_canyons_8-7-119-4-55-37.jpg
Around 90 miles of tyremark overlays (Groove)
3 different levels of 'groove', one for the Junctions, one for corners and one for straighter sections of road. So they all darken at different rates, as more laps are completed.
Screenshot_ks_porsche_911_gt3_rs_la_canyons_4-9-119-14-39-50.jpg

Sector timing from all 'stage' timed layouts have been removed (AC doesn't use sectors on stage layouts) so should be compatible with sTracker / pTracker.

All Freeroam layouts now have 'stage' timing... Which means the lap timer will stay at 0:00 until you cross the start line (the 1st clockwise Welcome to LA Canyons sign)
If you accidentally invalidate your lap by going offroad, return to the pits and the timer will turn white if you recross the startline. No need for an outlap!

1.2 will be available via Patreon, with set prices to avoid any confusion to anyone who found the coffee thing that confusing. Also without my email sometimes going missing in peoples spam folders and getting access to the download link directly.

Pursuit layout has had a rework. Now with stage timing, which starts counting if you go either clockwise or anticlockwise around the track. Starting at the 'regular' start point... the 'finish line' is over the other side of the map near Monte Cristo.
This is also the only layout where 1GRASS surfaces are considered valid track.
This is done with the intention of giving 4x4 drivers the option of trying to make the finish by going offroad, without the timer being invalidated. So however you manage to cross the line... your time will show up on the board... Proving you evaded the pursuit :D
Pit boxes are numbered so that even if you host a 16 car server... you have 10 'getaway' drivers at the regular start. 3 police boxes at Clear Creek. And 3 at the bottom of Barley Flats Rd (Mt Lawlor Road) So 3 police in one direction... 3 police in the other direction. If all the pit slots are used... another 5 police slots are on top of Mt Lawlor... and 5 police slots at Hidden Springs picnic area. On average 1 police car to 2 getaway drivers. Anyway, that's my intention, however you want to use the layout is up to you.
As before there are lists of pitbox numbers / locations in all of the 'Freeroam' layouts.

Freeroam layout has had the number of pit boxes reduced to 75... Keeping all the pit boxes at the 'regular' start point, and at Red Box Gap. Switzer Picnic pit area removed mainly as they were past the startline, for timing reasons.

All layout UI, surfaces.ini & models.ini (Including VIP layouts) are to be included in the regular download (initially with a lock icon on VIP layouts). This will mean no Connection Mismatches between Regular and VIP drivers, and server managers can put all the models.ini and surfaces.ini on servers. Which will help to know everyone is running 1.2 (should help performance), and that people can't cheat by changing surface grip.

Also there has been some more awesome work from @Ben O'Bro, but that can be a surprise (unless Ben's already posted screens somewhere :D ) Surprises are always good ;)

I will give more details nearer the time, Cheers!

Sector timing from all 'stage' timed layouts have been removed (AC doesn't use sectors on stage layouts) so should be compatible with sTracker / pTracker.

All Freeroam layouts now have 'stage' timing... Which means the lap timer will stay at 0:00 until you cross the start line (the 1st clockwise Welcome to LA Canyons sign)
If you accidentally invalidate your lap by going offroad, return to the pits and the timer will turn white if you recross the startline. No need for an outlap!

Whoah, christmas came early this year!!!

Just one question. People that have donated already and are VIP, do we have to donate through patreon again?

Cheers Billy glad you're still loving the canyons :)
Sure if it's a championship for non-commercial reasons... of course you're more than welcome to host a championship :) Go for it and have fun!

And if it is for commercial reasons, drop me a message in my inbox, thanks.
Hey, thanks for the reply. But I didn't mean an online championship. I meant a single player championship with AI which would need pits and being able to do practice and qualifying.

Is it possible to use this track within a single player championship? (I'm wondering if I've missed an update cos the version i have, it seems I can't use this track in a championship)

Whoah, christmas came early this year!!!

Just one question. People that have donated already and are VIP, do we have to donate through patreon again?
:D Unfortunately there won't be any virtual Santa flying past... only the other 'air traffic' ;)

Anyone who has donated a coffee (let's not get into what a coffee costs lol) over version 1.0 (from 3rd March 2019) will definitely get 1.2 VIP... and I can safely say anyone that has donated more generously will be given access. Anyone that has appreciated and supported the work involved with LA Canyons, will be shown appreciation back.

This will mean sending the VIP extras in emails, as before, because afaik you can't add people to tiers on Patreon without them pledging through Patreon itself. I did originally want to setup the Patreon for v1.0... But actually setting up the track and making sure all the layouts, surfaces etc etc were working as intended was an administration mission all by itself! :confused:

Hey, thanks for the reply. But I didn't mean an online championship. I meant a single player championship with AI which would need pits and being able to do practice and qualifying.

Is it possible to use this track within a single player championship? (I'm wondering if I've missed an update cos the version i have, it seems I can't use this track in a championship)
Oh right I totally misunderstood then, AI championships are not possible afaik... and I'm pretty sure it's down to there not being any qualifying tyres man enough to last for 3 'Canyon' laps (Outlap/Hotlap/Inlap) as that is 125km's :D

Maybe if someone made a custom 'Canyon Tyres' mod... then maybe the AI could use them.
But that's outside my scope of knowledge.

:D Unfortunately there won't be any virtual Santa flying past... only the other 'air traffic' ;)

Anyone who has donated a coffee (let's not get into what a coffee costs lol) over version 1.0 (from 3rd March 2019) will definitely get 1.2 VIP... and I can safely say anyone that has donated more generously will be given access. Anyone that has appreciated and supported the work involved with LA Canyons, will be shown appreciation back.

This will mean sending the VIP extras in emails, as before, because afaik you can't add people to tiers on Patreon without them pledging through Patreon itself. I did originally want to setup the Patreon for v1.0... But actually setting up the track and making sure all the layouts, surfaces etc etc were working as intended was an administration mission all by itself! :confused:

Actually I am fine with donating again through Patreon for the absolutely HUGE work being put into this track.

Actually I am fine with donating again through Patreon for the absolutely HUGE work being put into this track.

I totally agree, having driven LAC IRL starting from both La Canada on the 2, and Big Tujunga Canyon road from Tujunga, the amount of work put into LAC is nothing short of incredible.

IRL when you turn on to Angeles Forest Hwy from the 2, after a few miles you get the sense of total desolation, I get a deja vu of that on LAC's Angeles Forest Hwy section.

Having donated a few coffees more than once, I'd do it again. Worth every penny.

I donated by version 0.5 and I don't have problem donating again, but I can't do it through patreon. Will it be possible to still do it via paypal ?

Glad to hear from you Phoenix and happy to see news about an update to LAC.

This should give a little boost to the online which, lately, has been a little depressing for me (weather and few people allways on same servers).

Do you consider this version as final or can we expect more in the future? I'm asking because I'm a little impatient to know when you can work on Pacific Coast again!

A lot of fun to come with the upcoming release of the Porsche that will complete the NFS mod (not to mention Ben's which is also beautiful).

And for the Patreon thing, I would be happy to make a donation again for my favorite track in AC.

Hi. I've been away from la-canyons for quite some time. last time it was still 0.8 and with vip pack 0.9. i updated and reinstalled the entire track vers: 1.0. but i can't seem to get the extra roads working anymore. Maybe I'm missing something or doing it wrong. can you provide some clearance on it pls? cheers

Looking forward to version 1.2. I recently fixed the problems that wouldn't let me to use the Sol mod in VR and now that I can play LAC with a night-day cycle I have to say it is even more amazing than it already was before, particularly in VR where this mod is quite something.

Adding an invisible wall would be a killer to the immersive aspect of the track.
taking a fly when you miss a turn, adds some dimension to the canyon, and reminds you that you should drive carefully, or improve your driving around it.
It's what participate to make that road special, IMO

in other news, some super high poly details in progress
upload_2019-10-1_14-8-0.png

Hi all!!
Sorry if this was asked already, but its too many pages to look for...
Please....why do I get a crash with the msg "Tyres Might be Wrong", when loading the map/race...with some cars(shelby cobra is one example)...in Track Day mode???
I've tried a few things but nothing works, its driving me nuts!!!
Thanks a lot in advance!!!!

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 36 33.0%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 32 29.4%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 18 16.5%
  • Watch party

Votes: 10 9.2%
  • At a friends house