Tracks Landsbergrallye WP1 Track release

After waiting ages for the track to load it just crashes and the 'race cancelled' message appears. Anyone else experiencing this? I'm using Content Manager. Tried hot lap, practice and race modes with different cars on the different layouts. I've tried downloading it from various sources too.

After waiting ages for the track to load it just crashes and the 'race cancelled' message appears. Anyone else experiencing this? I'm using Content Manager. Tried hot lap, practice and race modes with different cars on the different layouts. I've tried downloading it from various sources too.

Yep me 2 just wont open , gave up deleted

@MrSilva
People on reddit call this "the new Simtraxx track"... is that ok? I thought this was just your personal project unconnected to that group (and contrary to them you actually released something..).

@MrSilva
People on reddit call this "the new Simtraxx track"... is that ok? I thought this was just your personal project unconnected to that group (and contrary to them you actually released something..).

Hey there. Thanks for the hint. Its not a Simtraxx track (yet). Simtraxx allowed me to use the spectators, far trees, bushes, cars. Almost everything else in done by me or from free sources (you can find on http://ichcheckdem.net/). But its planned to do next updates (more roads, more rally layouts, massive freeroam) together with Simtraxx. Besides, i am working for Simtraxx, so it's not that bad. ;) But feel free to clear this up.

Track is a bit of an un-optimized mess. It takes 20GB of memory to open. One kn5 is 650mb and it has two textures in it and has 6.9 million tris for grass. Far terrain is way too complex. Lots of work to do IMO. Far from 0.9.

Last edited:
Yep me 2 just wont open , gave up deleted
I am sorry to hear that. I've got 350 downloads and only know from 7 where it fails, yet. So its hard to track down the error without your help. You may try to:
- Disable "Force-32bit" in AC settings
- update Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Packages
- send your logfile to my e-mail: info@ichcheckdem.net, or post it here.

Last edited:
Track is a bit of an un-optimized mess. It takes 20GB of memory to open. One kn5 is 650mb and it has two textures in it and has 6.9 million tris for grass. Far terrain is way too complex. Lots of work to do IMO. Far from 0.9.
Hmm. Strange. For me it needs 2GB... Also everything is fine about the big file. You can disable the 3D grass by setting the world detail to low. And the far terrain will not be that far in future anymore. ;) BTW: are you saying you are reverse-engineering my project?

Last edited:
Hmm. Strange. For me it needs 2GB... Also everything is fine about the big file. You can disable the 3D grass by setting the world detail to low. And the far terrain will not be that far in future anymore. ;) BTW: are you saying you are reverse-engineering my project?

anyway. this 20GB thing might be the problem for some users. i am working on a fix.

anyway. this 20GB thing might be the problem for some users. i am working on a fix.

Your track
unknown.png

My Track (Watkins)
upload_2018-8-26_11-19-44.png

So yes you have a problem somewhere. The problem seems to be in the main kn5. I renamed all the other files so they won't load and it still takes 19GB.

No I would prefer not to update anything. In fact even if that did fix it I would prefer to have a configuration where a problem like this would pop up on my end so I can fix my tracks before the public sees them.
Sorry, but me and my beta-testers weren't be able to reconstruct this error yet... And whats wrong with having an up-to-date PC? btw: the track will not load with only main kn5 activated.

Sorry, but me and my beta-testers weren't be able to reconstruct this error yet... And whats wrong with having an up-to-date PC? btw: the track will not load with only main kn5 activated.
Sorry main one and one of the rally kn5s. So the problem is in either of those.

As far as the updated C++ no other track requires it so neither should this IMO.

And for the record I did just update the C++ just for the hell of it and it is still using 20gb.
upload_2018-8-26_13-23-38.png

Last edited:
Sorry main one and one of the rally kn5s. So the problem is in either of those.

As far as the updated C++ no other track requires it so neither should this IMO.

And for the record I did just update the C++ just for the hell of it and it is still using 20gb.
View attachment 266621

Hmm. What a shame. Sure this track is not supposed to use 20GB. I just can say it needs 2GB (of 32) on my system and i have a report it runs on a potato laptop. So this is a really strange thing. Maybe it has a problem with other mods? Do you have other mods installed and running? Maybe we can have a look at your log file?

it also causes my PC to simply hang while loading the track, no response with my harddirve working like mad (something I have encountered while testing png & jpeg RTB behemoths) requiring a hard reset. I had the taskmanager in the foreground when it happened, it showed 7+ GB when the screen froze (I waited 5 minutes after that but nothing happened). Attached logfile, but it doesn't show anything usefull

No idea whats happening there, could something cause massive instancing of textures maybe?

edit: How many collide able pylons and objects do you have? I remember similar issues with the Borgloh Hillclimb track

Attachments

• log.txt
    45.2 KB · Views: 267
it also causes my PC to simply hang while loading the track, no response with my harddirve working like mad (something I have encountered while testing png & jpeg RTB behemoths) requiring a hard reset. I had the taskmanager in the foreground when it happened, it showed 7+ GB when the screen froze (I waited 5 minutes after that but nothing happened). Attached logfile, but it doesn't show anything usefull

No idea whats happening there, could something cause massive instancing of textures maybe?

edit: How many collide able pylons and objects do you have? I remember similar issues with the Borgloh Hillclimb track

I've seen an unuseful log like this before. In this case updating VS C++ packets (vc_redist.x86.exe and vc_redist.x64.exe) helped once yet. Don't forget to reboot the system after install. please let me know, if it works.

Last edited:

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 43 86.0%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 8 16.0%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 15 30.0%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 15 30.0%