PC1 Latest Build testing.

Andy_J

I hate Race cheats ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
As you all know, Ian gave me a free pass to test the latest builds and that's what I have been doing for the last week. I will report here as and when I see fit to tell all about my findings.

But I will say that the latest build (296) is quite good. Now lets make some sense of my statement. I used a Lotus 98T in helmet cam using my antique MOMO red wheel and I can honestly report it is coming along much better than I anticipated. The actual feel and immersion is damn fine at this point. The handling is strange at first compared to say...RF2 and FVA, but it grows on you within minutes. At this point in time, this actual car feels good. I like it and I love the Milan circuit. The damage model has come on leaps and bounds.

I am doing some more testing all of next week using a G27 and I will also test some of the other cars that don't interest me as much (I am a F1 nut) and see how the feel in comparison to Shift 2, because that is what I was initially comparing PCars to.

I would like the replay function to have a directors mode though. Something that jumps from action to action and from car to car.

Aside from that, the replay's do crash my PC quite often but I understand that is being looked at.

Watch this space.

Thanks Nathan. Good couple of posts and sensible too.:thumbsup:

Now please back on topic. If someone want's to post something about the latest build here, positive or negative, feel free to do so without being called names. And if you don't like it, say so. If you do, say so, but whatever please type what you feel and don't be labelled up as "haters". This, as Nathan states, is not a development forum. On here we can say if we like Walmart coffee or we don't, and I wouldn't expect Walmart representatives (or investors) to come here and call us names.

I would expect speculation at least should be put aside also, otherwise i might start saying you are a competition representative (or investor) as i dont know who you are :)

competition representative? For who Bruno? Are you connected to WMD in any way? And what speculation are you concerned about?

That's a speculation im creating from a "guess", just like you seem to do very often based on your last posts. I ask you the same thing :)

Please just avoid guessing, speculate or labeling someone as a representative (investor) just because they have a different point of view when compared with yours ;)

Isnt this what you asked for in your last post?

I've just spent a good part of today trying to get something decent from the force feedback, despite trying different tweakers and adjusting things myself I still can't feel much at all when the rear loses grip. In the M3 GT there is no feel at all of this and during understeer the wheel just goes slack. I tried the Asano x 4 and that's slightly better but still very hard to judge rear grip levels and what the car is doing.

There is so many other ffb effects banging away the best thing I find is to turn most off, but it still doesn't help with getting more feel from the car.

I tried this for the first time in e few months today.

Lasted about 15 minutes, mainly becasie I tried 3 cars, and every single one had the same engine sound.

I mean for goodness sake, if you want to be taken seriously

Possibly I don't know, but so far I've had to reduce it in every car from default because it's too high and clips.

In the end it depends on each one personal taste and the wheels they are using, ive seen multiple setups for the CSR-Elite that i have but so far 80/165 seems to be the best in most of the cars and only needs a multiplier adjustment on the FWD in order so they dont feel so light.

I tried again today, I tried 4 cars and they all had exactly the same engine sound

Simply pointing out the game is in development is not enough anymore, its been in development for two years.

Uninstall and leave it for another year I reckon. I mean for Gods sake I cant even access the pit menu when I am in the car, I have to "retire"

I guess this game has never suited me, I tried again, but although it looks pretty, the basics have always been lacking. For me, not some, but for me, let's leave it at that.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 444 69.5%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 277 43.3%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 295 46.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 133 20.8%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 172 26.9%
Back