Lewis Hamilton Larbalestier

Because.....it´s his opinion and have huge respect for Schumacher and what he´s done?

Or do you think Alonso´s little Schumi-boost completely destroyed Schumi´s season?
No? So Alonso played mindgames with himself?
No? So....maybe he was simply boosting up Schumi for the season and just told everyone what he felt at that moment the question came.

"There will be five world champions on the track and the most dangerous champion for me is always Michael."
Now in January if I have to choose one name I have to say Michael.
"He is seven-times champion. He has nothing to prove. He had a difficult season but he is still a champion.
"He is still super class and if the car is right he will be a contender."

"No doubt Sebastian will be a contender. He will have experience and will be calm in certain moments. He will drive better than last year and that makes him dangerous to us," Alonso explained.
"McLaren will also be one of the favourites."

He´s basically betting that Mercedes will be contenders for 2011 season.
He honestly thought they would be up there.

It´s also true what he says, "if the car is right he will be a contender" Got half a car in Monaco and put it on pole just like that.

So he´s playing mindgames that both you and me know have no effect of championships or drivers in it.

Personal pleasure?

So why is he repetitively saying these kind of things about Hamilton, especially when Vettel was on the brink of winning his 2nd WDC in 2011 (that's when that whole "Hamilton is a better driver"- thing started) and after he has won his third WDC?

Is he repeating these statements because he feels like he just needs to share his appreciation for another driver to the public? A guy like Alonso? Sersiously?And if so, why did he not say any of these things back in 2008, 2009 or 2010? Why did it start towards the end of the 2011 season, with Vettel almost being a 2xWDC and why do these kind of statements get repeated everytime Vettel's on the brink of winning another WDC or after him actually winning one?

I never said that his statements were meant to change anything about the outcome of the championship (that's just a lame point you brought up to make my opinion look less realistic), but they surely have an impact on the public opinion as the press is writing about it and people are reading about it and eventually they start making up their mind.

Of course, you don't have to see it this way - if you don't WANT to see it.

Is he repeating these statements because he feels like he just needs to share his appreciation for another driver to the public?
Well let´s get one thing straight here.... he doesn´t call up the media and tell them things.
they ask him questions and he answers.

Well Vettel has won the last three titles so you don´t really have anything to compare it too but i think it´s clear he does not hold Vettel as high as Hamilton based on what he saw with his own eyes. he was right there in the other car in 2007.

And how can you really blame him? Vettel´s been sitting in extremely good cars, sometimes superior cars and only shines when the car is perfect.

At Monaco he was struggling to even make Q3 while Webber put it on pole.

Have you ever had that scenario with Kimi, Hamilton, Alonso, Schumacher?
No of course not so you have to wonder just how much Vettel relies on having a perfect car.

I don't get the problem here. The media asks Alonso questions, he answers them saying his own opinion. Simple as that.

Alonso has a stong opinion on Michael and Hamilton because he both raced them in equally cars or nearly equal looking at 2006.

I do absolutely agree with what you say about Vettel, as we've seen in 2012 between the Spanish GP and the Singapore GP, Vettel only managed to get 2 Podiums and no wins (although Valencia was unlucky) in these 9 races because his car just wasn't up there with the McLarens (and even more not up to his prefered driving style). I never doubted that both Hamilton and Alonso are better drivers than Vettel and that Sebastian still needs to prove himself in a non-Newey-designed car (yes, even his Toro Rossos were designed by Adrian). However, the timing of Alonsos appreciations is just too suspicious to completely ignore the possibility that he's not being 100% honest with what he's saying. I mean, it's not like the media haven't been asking him these kind of questions in 2008, 09 and 10 and I honestly can't remember him having said anything like this about Hamilton back then. Vettel was only a 1xWDC at the end of 2010 and who would've expected him to win the next 2 titles aswell?

Once Sebastian was getting closer to equalize Alonsos number of WDC, he began to say things like that and as we all know that Alonso isn't known for having the best of characters I wouldn't even be surprised if this was just an act of defiance by him.

I mean, it's not like the media haven't been asking him these kind of questions in 2008, 09 and 10 and I honestly can't remember him having said anything like this about Hamilton back then.
Keep in mind there was some bad blood between them in 2008 and most likely 09 as well.

I´m pretty sure if you can dig up some 08 and 09 quotes he will have another driver to boost up.
Like Kimi or something.

Keep in mind there was some bad blood between them in 2008 and most likely 09 as well.

I´m pretty sure if you can dig up some 08 and 09 quotes he will have another driver to boost up.
Like Kimi or something.

Yes, but that is my point: WHY did these appreciations start in 2011? Out of all the seasons in Hamilton's career, he began to share his deep appreciation in Hamiltons worst season up to date. There was some bad blood in 2008, probably even in 2009 but from 2010 on, with Alonso being in his dream team and Lewis having one of his best seasons up to the Italian GP there was enought time between 2010 and the end of 2011 to appreciate Lewis the way he does it now.

They had some great duels that particular year (Melbourne, Malaysia, Canada).

If you or anyone else can find a source with Alonso talking about Hamilton the way he does now from 2010 (or at least before Vettel started to dominate and was looking like the 2011-champ), it would be appreciated.

Yes, but that is my point: WHY did these appreciations start in 2011? Out of all the seasons in Hamilton's career, he began to share his deep appreciation in Hamiltons worst season up to date. There was some bad blood in 2008, probably even in 2009 but from 2010 on, with Alonso being in his dream team and Lewis having one of his best seasons up to the Italian GP there was enought time between 2010 and the end of 2011 to appreciate Lewis the way he does it now.

They had some great duels that particular year (Melbourne, Malaysia, Canada).

If you or anyone else can find a source with Alonso talking about Hamilton the way he does now from 2010 (or at least before Vettel started to dominate and was looking like the 2011-champ), it would be appreciated.
I´m pretty sure most of the appreciation dates from 2007.
It´s just that it´s only lately hes been able to look back at things and digest what really happened.

I think you all have good points.

I think Alonso has said that he's seen Hamilton do things with a car the shouldn't be possible ( or words to that effect).

He appreciates Hamilton, but I do think he is also trying to indirectly say that Vettel is not in the same league as some other drivers and perhaps not a worthy champion.

Again, this is only how I interpret his statements. This goes hand-in-hand with Alonso saying that he is racing Newey not just Vettel.

He may be using his true opinion on Hamilton to point out something to Vettel.

It is also true that he is asked a direct question, and he gives direct answers.

Sorry finally, he was asked who he thinks is the strongest driver, not who he thinks is the best or who he thinks is going to win the WDC? If looked at from that perspective then perhaps there were no mind games.

Have I just gone round in a circle?

408495_10151207501602411_391315366_n.jpg

BC07KFUCIAAk8qE.jpg:large

Schumacher's cars had a lot more buttons on the wheel as he was constantly changing various parameters through the race
on the other hand LH
“It was drowning in buttons; all the ones I never use, I eliminated them,” he said. “Next I moved the most important ones to the top so they were more visible. At Mercedes there are 26 of them. I’ve already got rid of six."

Bram Hengeveld any idea why it divides up the quotes? I would like it to be a quote inside a bigger quote but it splits it up and adds it´s own quote that contains nothing :S No idea why it does that.
Edit my post and you can see,
(now it´s three quotes for some reason)

just heard that lewis did a 1.20.5 on soft tyres - 1.2. seconds quicker than his pole time last year. that is VERY COMPETITIVE. even if others have gained time, i can't see other teams having gained more than 1 - 1.5 seconds since then.good news

just heard that lewis did a 1.20.5 on soft tyres - 1.2. seconds quicker than his pole time last year. that is VERY COMPETITIVE. even if others have gained time, i can't see other teams having gained more than 1 - 1.5 seconds since then.good news
Firstly, as it colder than it was at last years GP the engines will work more efficiently. Secondly, the track will be a lot more rubbered in as cars have had 6 days running on it. I do feel Mercedes will do better this year but I don't think they will be at the top.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 9.0%
  • Monthly

Votes: 29 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 37 6.2%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.3%