F1 2011 Logitech G27 settings

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Hey all,
After messing around with the steering wheel settings for about 6 hours I still haven't found a comfortable set-up.
Currently I'm using 330 degrees in the profiler and 0% in all settings in-game (FFB is 50-70-100)
The on screen wheel matches my movements great but I cant help feeling its still not dialled in.
In slow corners it seems ok but in faster ones and on the straights my car is all over the place with oversteer. Id like a little more resistance from the wheel at higher speeds tbh.
Anyone else found a decent set-up yet?
Cheers.

Well maybe if it's the cd versions that are causing issues, it could be secuRom that's causing it, if that's the copy protection on the cd version?
SecuRom can be a real pain in the ass and has been know to cause all sorts of issues.

Maybe looking for a nocd to bypass secuRom can help. These files, as far as i know are legal to use once you own the game, they are designed to make life easier by not having to put the cd in the drive to run it.
In various games in the past secuRom has been know to really mess things up.
I don't think the steam version is protected by secuRom.

It would be interesting to see if this is the issue.

I have the non-Steam version (CD) and have the FFB problems with the G27. I'm starting to wonder if that is the issue. I also have a lot of freezes etc that only a minority are complaining of. Buzz do you have the non-Steam version too?
No, mate. I've got the cd version. just did a re-install but the steering wheel still has a mind of it's own. The problem is the FFB. If i put that to zero there is no pulling problem. There's no feel, either, of course. By the way, my G27 works fine with the PS3 version. The deadzone is a bit large for my liking but otherwise it works fine. Just in case the problem is being caused by cd security I think I might do a Jack Sparrow.

My g27 was working fine, from today having gotten into the game with the keyboard once to check something and then set it up for the wheel again having been using brams settings from earlier in this thread, it now pulls hard to the left or right too, also loses feel approaching some corners. I have the steam version so its not just confined to box copies and the game is now unplayable.... really getting to the point of giving up with this tbh as its just one problem or bug after another. Any ideas?

Edit: Just reinstalled the wheel... when it came to calibration it seemed to work fine but when I touch any buttons the wheel jerks left and then locks right which I don't recall it doing the first time... is that normal? and it is still pulling hard left/right in the game...

Now trying a reinstall of the game too, please, does anyone have any ideas?

My settings are the same as when it was working (e.g. Sunday) but having gotten into the game with a keyboard only to check something and then sorted out the wheel settings again later it just won't work...

Ok it seems to be sorted now... fingers crossed it stays that way.

Uninstalled the wheel, uninstalled the game, reinstalled the game, downloaded 64 bit windows 7 version of the logitech software from logitech got into game with the wheel and let it use the default g27 profile in the game seemed fine, changed to custom profile with override and seems like its back to how I had it.

Whether it was the logitech software ( if so why was it working previously? ), the patch last night ( I doubt it ) or a file in the game I don't know...just hope the rest of you with this issue can get it sorted.

I want to map the start button onto my G27 wheel, not the shifter, but can't seem to find what it's called
in the key binding settings page, so i don't have to keep setting up my wheel on each game start.
Any ideas, Cheers.

Here are my settings

[IMG
][/IMG]

f1201120110929110012015.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

f1201120110929105952063.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
f1201120110929110002370.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

what's causing the steering wheel problems in f1 2011 is the game software, not my g27 wheel. my wheel works fine with every other game but f1 2011. And that includes racing games on the pc and on playstation. On the PC the wheel pulls suddenly for no reason to the left or to the right. On the PS3 there is little feel available. On slow corners, like turn one at china, when i downshift to first gear (in the rain), the wheel loses all resistance and is just floppy. when i start to accelerate the force feedback kicks in suddenly. I don't get this feeling from the other racing games i've tried on playstation. i'll say it again. the problem is not the wheel, and it is not my profiler or in-game settings, it is codemasters' programming. In f1 2010 the feel of the wheel is perfect. Yeah, i know, there are a lot of people on this thread who have no problem with their wheel, but look again and you'll see there's just as many who do have problems.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 60 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 33 5.1%
  • Yearly

Votes: 40 6.2%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.2%