Lotus Test Track

Tracks Lotus Test Track 2022-09-24

Login or Register an account to download this content
Thomas Canning submitted a new resource:

Lotus Test Track - The Lotus Test Track in Hethel, Norfolk

Originally the site served as an airfield to squadrons of the U.S. 8th Air Force during World War 2 from 1942 to 1945. Group Lotus moved its headquarters to Hethel in 1966 and it has been there ever since. Portions of the runways and taxiways were developed as a circuit that could be used for the testing of cars, which was in turn used by the likes of Clark, Rindt, Fittipaldi and Senna to fine-tune their Formula One race cars.

The entire complex has recently undergone a complete...

Read more about this resource...

Hello guys,

I made this track very quickly in 1 afternoon from Google maps and videos on youtube simply for the purpose of learning it for a track day the next day. I thought I'd upload it for anyone else who is interested in the track layout. It is the first track I've made simply because I couldn't find anyone else who had made the layout before, and I had no intentions with regards to decorations other than somewhat accurately recreating the track layout so I could learn it. Prehaps in the future I'll work on it more, fix the gravel traps, and update the trackside objects and maybe some buildings.

Thanks to anyone who has enjoyed the track for what it is :)

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 36 8.6%
  • Monthly

Votes: 20 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 29 6.9%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.4%