AC Mazda MX-5 Cup @ Donington Park - Wed 17 Oct18

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Sign me up as a reserve please Craig, still waiting to hear if I'm working Weds eve, will let you know asap. EDIT: Sign me up please Craig @Buster

By the way, if you build...err, I mean, PIN IT! they will come:whistling:
RmJW.gif

:p:p:p:p:p:p;)

Last edited:
Maybe we should be Craig's marketing guru's for his events Calvin. We could start by moving it out of 'The Dead Thread' list:D:p
Well it was Craig who made me that lovely pink car I don't know why and I'm not going to guess.:whistling::roflmao:
Maybe he can do a gold silver and bronze for the podium finishes. And :poop: brown for everybody else. I could do with a collection of Mazdas, all in brown.:laugh:

I honestly thought Bathurst would be more difficult with this car but this is not the case. Donington is proving a real challenge. But as of yet I have not really put in a lot of time in my setup so I'm hoping tomorrow for an improvement which only will come with further practice that's if I can get the time. Bloody real life responsibilities getting in the way. But if I can get any improvement I'll be sure to share my setup as I do know from experience a lot of people have a lot less time to practice then myself.
Of all the SIMS I play and all the events that I enter this event is by far my favourite.
If it's possible in any shape or form to expand the Mazda club events I would be all for it. Such as longer races and more frequently etc. Some kind of championship perhaps.
I've had assetto Corsa for some time never really got into it until being advised to try these Mazda club events. And I've been made to feel welcome buy an excellent community of regulars.
Thank you @Buster for hosting one of the best events on the calendar in my opinion.:thumbsup:
Roll on tomorrow.;)

I honestly thought Bathurst would be more difficult with this car but this is not the case. Donington is proving a real challenge.............Thank you @Buster for hosting one of the best events on the calendar in my opinion.:thumbsup:
Roll on tomorrow.;)
Agreed Calvin, and re a set-up, as you mention, I don't have time to make my own from scratch, and I'm crap at it:rolleyes:, I've attached the one I use as a base (which I found at Radiators-Champ, with thanks to Marcos Riffel!) if it helps you or anyone else. Again, personal driving preference, it takes little steering input and handles like a kart imo. I just fiddle with anti roll and tyre pressures mainly.:) For some reason I can't go any faster on empty tanks than race distance fuel though:roflmao:

Not sure about the longer events with the Mazzer, I need my loo break:p

Attachments

• ks_brands_hatch_ks_mazda_mx5_cup_1_38_195_marcos_riffel.ini
    982 bytes · Views: 170
Last edited:
I think a 1hr event with no pitstops would work well. Then you're forced to concentrate for a long period. You'll also have to manage a fuel heavy car with good tires that will get light but degrade tires towards the end of the hour. So lots of driving dynamics to deal with along with a rubber'd in track.

I think a 1hr event with no pitstops would work well. Then you're forced to concentrate for a long period. You'll also have to manage a fuel heavy car with good tires that will get light but degrade tires towards the end of the hour. So lots of driving dynamics to deal with along with a rubber'd in track.
I agree to a certain point.
Pitstop and tyre strategy that should be left to the driver. Another words tyre choice and fuel should be left up to the driver to decide. Obviously this would bring much more to the driver to workout is own strategy. I personally like the idea I've having as many options as possible. Tyre options fuel quantity is left up to the driver to decide with 60 + minutes to use your own strategy.
In events like I'm talking about that I hope that can be where you're not restricted to a mandatory pit stop but an option to do two pit stops but the option is still there to be had if one thinks it's faster.. just saying

Last edited:
I'd prefer it to stay @ 40 minutes. I'm a lot slower than most of the drivers in the race, & if it changes to an hour I'll probably be lapped. It then stops being fun.

I'd prefer it to stay @ 40 minutes. I'm a lot slower than most of the drivers in the race, & if it changes to an hour I'll probably be lapped. It then stops being fun.

Do not worry m8, the rules for this event, can not be changed :thumbsup:
Please please do not take any offence to what I have said or suggested.
The events that are being held such as this one or perfectly fine as they are in fact the combinations have been sublime. I am a loving em as they are perfectly fine no complaints.
I'm sorry if I drifted off topic in talking about and trying to encouraging conversation about taking these Mazdas into a series of events. I'm sorry if I didn't make that clear but I thought I did. As I made no statement of changing anything in the current event or any future one. But only to make conversation on new category of events with these cars nothing more, honest. Simply taking a Wednesday night event further to something a little more that's already fun. I hope this won't be misunderstood. He said sarcastically.:roflmao:

P.s. I'll stop talking now.:(

Last edited:

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 53 9.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 27 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 35 6.2%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.3%