Mechanical Effects and Problems Mod

Look at what happened here :) :thumbsup:
Kobayashi has blown his engine :)

i'm a bit confused because i was faced with problems of ai cars like blown engine or gearbox errors (they drove really slow on a long straight) even before i installed this mod.

i installed other mods like the f1 2012 realism mod too. can this ai mechanical errors be a result of the realism mod too?

i'm looking forward to get some of this errors from time to time on my car too

• Deleted member 137812

i'm a bit confused because i was faced with problems of ai cars like blown engine or gearbox errors (they drove really slow on a long straight) even before i installed this mod.

i installed other mods like the f1 2012 realism mod too. can this ai mechanical errors be a result of the realism mod too?

i'm looking forward to get some of this errors from time to time on my car too
Mechanical errors as Remy mentioned happened before our mods, thats true.
Our mods both improve the mechanical failure rate I think.

Those gearbox errors are really amusing, when you drive behind a car who lost his 5th gear its just a pleasure to overtake him on a straight. ;)

stash You have it before too but with the Present 3.0 B Aggressive AI drivers suffers a bit.
Also it was effected by DB too. If you have higher % of failure then my Mod only makes it much effective.
If an AI has 0.8% of Engine Failure chance then the Effect of my Mod will takes place as the Desired Damage level was reached it triggers major / minor Damage chance which effect the DNF or Loss of Pace.

Kartik Sri Harsha I don't think I over-rev the engine much, but after 18 laps at Shanghai in a 50% race in my Caterham (in Career mode) I started getting smoke out of the engine.

When I shift, I try to do so just as the blue lights come on in the rev indicator...am I revving too high?

At any rate, good work figuring out how to get the mechanical aspect of the game to be more realistic. Maybe it's just my driving style, but the wear/damage sensitivity seems a bit too high for me personally.
Bear with me as I explain this, but I feel that if you're hitting the rev limiter (not to be confused with the blue lights simply coming on) for roughly 33% of all the shifts over the first 33% of a race, that's when the wear aspect should begin coming into play (however I don't think you can apply this concept to both 50% and 100% races individually, so maybe it's best to base this off of a 100% distance race only). As you continue to over-rev the engine during the remainder of the race, the wear level should build. However if you cut back and stop hitting the rev limiter the engine should reflect this and begin to cool down/stop wearing as fast.
As we see in real life, the drivers do rev right up to the rev limiter (but without touching it), so we should not be penalized for doing so in game.
The same applies to downshifting - if you're downshifting too quickly, too frequently, and over revving the engine in the process, then the engine should wear more quickly.

Hope that all made sense

In Beta 3.1 I made Higher chance but also it takes more time. So test it and See how it effects you

Kartik Sri Harsha
I did a 50% race at Shanghai, same as last time, but with the BETA 3.1 version installed. While the engine heat/wear was delayed from lap 18 to lap 24, I still started having smoke coming out of the engine around lap 24/25.

I do like the idea of this mod, but I still get the overall sensation that I'm being penalized by the game for revving into the blue lights, even though this is what the drivers do in real life. Personally, I feel getting to the rev limiter or close to it consistently, over time, should lead to issues, but shifting right when the blue lights come on, or even just after (aka not quite getting close to the rev limiter) shouldn't be an issue.

My 50% Shanghai race had 2 DNFs - Hulkenberg and Massa (both appeared to be because of mechanical issues, but I can't know for sure as I didn't see either actually drop out - I did not use any flashbacks).

Do you know if this mod actually effects the AI? I'm trying to get around 4 DNFs per race, but I'm not having luck with this so far... I'm trying to avoid increasing the mistake rate in the ai_choreographer file by too much, as this leads to cars crashing into each other more, rather than legitimate mistakes. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Kartik Sri Harsha
I did a 50% race at Shanghai, same as last time, but with the BETA 3.1 version installed. While the engine heat/wear was delayed from lap 18 to lap 24, I still started having smoke coming out of the engine around lap 24/25.

I do like the idea of this mod, but I still get the overall sensation that I'm being penalized by the game for revving into the blue lights, even though this is what the drivers do in real life. Personally, I feel getting to the rev limiter or close to it consistently, over time, should lead to issues, but shifting right when the blue lights come on, or even just after (aka not quite getting close to the rev limiter) shouldn't be an issue.

My 50% Shanghai race had 2 DNFs - Hulkenberg and Massa (both appeared to be because of mechanical issues, but I can't know for sure as I didn't see either actually drop out - I did not use any flashbacks).

Do you know if this mod actually effects the AI? I'm trying to get around 4 DNFs per race, but I'm not having luck with this so far... I'm trying to avoid increasing the mistake rate in the ai_choreographer file by too much, as this leads to cars crashing into each other more, rather than legitimate mistakes. Any thoughts?

Thanks!
I will look into it But my problem is I never had Smoke coming out in any Version which is a Bit trouble to find Sweet Spot of the Mod.
Also The AI also Suffer the Problems like you have but it depends on Control and Aggression and Some other factors i still need to find out.

I will look into it But my problem is I never had Smoke coming out in any Version which is a Bit trouble to find Sweet Spot of the Mod.
Also The AI also Suffer the Problems like you have but it depends on Control and Aggression and Some other factors i still need to find out.

Ah so it does effect the AI, good to know and good find!
What cars have you tested with? Maybe the slower, less reliable teams are more likely to have issues? I've only tested your mod with my Career races in which I'm driving with Caterham.

Also, when you're racing, when do you shift? At the blue lights? Or at the red lights? That's what I can't figure out. My feeling is that hitting the blue lights is the game's way of saying "you're revving too high, tsk tsk tsk", would you agree?

Lastly, I haven't looked at the files myself, but is there a way to differentiate between parameters that effect the AI only vs the Player only? I'm trying to find a reliable way to adjust the mechanical failure rate of the AI aside from the ai_driver table in the database.

Thanks!

Ah so it does effect the AI, good to know and good find!
What cars have you tested with? Maybe the slower, less reliable teams are more likely to have issues? I've only tested your mod with my Career races in which I'm driving with Caterham.

Also, when you're racing, when do you shift? At the blue lights? Or at the red lights? That's what I can't figure out. My feeling is that hitting the blue lights is the game's way of saying "you're revving too high, tsk tsk tsk", would you agree?

Lastly, I haven't looked at the files myself, but is there a way to differentiate between parameters that effect the AI only vs the Player only? I'm trying to find a reliable way to adjust the mechanical failure rate of the AI aside from the ai_driver table in the database.

Thanks!
It Doesn't matter what car Player use It was Reliable One. (Or atleast For me)
I Generally Shift when the Rev Bar is Full and i don't have any Problems also I run 100% races too. Generally I use Aggressive Gearing.
Also I can't differentiate the AI and Player as you asked. But You can Adjust the Mechanical Failure of AI in DB as you said

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 160 34.8%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 126 27.4%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 90 19.6%
  • Watch party

Votes: 35 7.6%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 9 2.0%