Mobile Driving/Flying Cockpit with Motion and Tactile ( Build )

My problem with the Aero, and reason I returned it, is surprisingly unlike the Index, there was no way for me to have the best of both worlds scenario and keep my triple screen and also VR all connected and decide between just based on how I launched the game. With Index, I connect to my 3rd DisplayPort output on 4080 (or 3090ti before) and have my triple 32" via Nvidia Surround (w/ two DP+ one HDMI.) All modern GPUs support four displays at once. W/ Index this works a treat. With Aero, it somehow presents itself as two displays (even just via the one DisplayPort) so tells me there is an error and too many monitors connected to run VR. Someone just confirmed the Pimax Crystal also craps out with three external displays. Hopefully BSB would work but I have to get a new cable for my Index or try Pico 3 which are only known solutions to work with triples+VR all connected at once. FWIW the main man at BSB told me he thought theirs would work but didn't really have a setup to test it so who knows. Seems the higher res modern VR just cannot work w/ triples and that's a shame. Disabling one monitor in Nvidia each time I want to play in VR is a terrible work flow for me, especially using Surround, so a non-starter at this time. Wishing more and more for an Index 2.0 that worked just like Index but with pancake lenses and as high a res as would still work w/ triples on one GPU

Last edited:
Yes, the Pico 3 is a known good solution compatible with triples. Peter Winkler uses that successfully.

I've never used triples.

Good luck!
If I'd have know you were going to pre-order BSB I would have asked if I could sell you my spot in line. I pre-ordered on announcement but some unexpected life expenses from taxes to a (non-simulated) Audi S4 Avant that need some serious and expensive German TLC took precedence and I just got a refund last week. Too bad, might have jumped you up in line. Hope you like it. If it turns out it somehow works w/ triples I'll jump back in down the line I suppose. A Pico 3 arrived today, so we'll see, wish it had the FOV of the Index or pancake lenses of Pico 4 but oh well

Last edited:
If I'd have know you were going to pre-order BSB I would have asked if I could sell you my spot in line. I pre-ordered on announcement but some unexpected life expenses from taxes to a (non-simulated) Audi S4 Avant that need some serious and expensive German TLC took precedence and I just got a refund last week. Too bad, might have jumped you up in line. Hope you like it. If it turns out it somehow works w/ triples I'll jump back in down the line I suppose. A Pico 3 arrived today, so we'll see, wish it had the FOV of the Index or pancake lenses of Pico 4 but oh well
Well I have what might be good news depending...

The BSB was shown working with triples like this. 1440 + 4K + 1440

As long as one of the monitors is connected by HDMI, the other 2 DP and BSB DP

This is something that the Aero and Crystal cannot do.

1686235674406.png

Last edited:
That's good news, I assume it would work triple 1440p also then, which is what I run (two DP + one HDMI, which surprisingly works with NVSurround, but limits my 165Hz monitors to 120Hz, which I can live with.) Once my real life cars start breaking maybe I'll get back in line on an order or get when they are finally available down the line after release...

I keep looking at this pedal setup that was recently posted on Good Vibrations...

Very cool stuff. Feeling clutch engagement seems like it would work beautifully with the ProSim hydraulic lockout, which they made noises about coming soon recently, but then went silent again.. <sigh>.

I know most people care about the ABS on the brake and arguably that is the one that could actually help you on the track. I can already feel the engine pretty well in my pedal deck and even ABS through my BK-CT, but a clutch effect is something I've never tried.

I also think it is something I could try with my TST. I hear from people with pedal mounted exciters and actuators that they work well, but I'm curious if I can get a clutch engagement feel with my pedal deck.

View attachment 659965
Hi RcHeliguy,

this looks awesome, can you please infrom what shaker this is ?
I´m interesting in this settings. I see an earthquake and 4 daytons? Which Daytons are this ?

I first ordered 5 AuraSound AST-2B-4 Bass Shaker. then later i want expand to this pedals setup.

First I start to put the Aura left and right side of the seat and two also left and ride of the pedales in the bottom. And one under the seat. And after this setup I want go to stage 2 for the pedals.
So that every shaker can have is own frequency, so that i don't mix so much frequency in one.
shaker.

Until know I read 25% of Mr. Latte thread and is crazy how much information also as your firstly 15 % and from Peter in German.

And to how the cost controlled I buy a AMP Sony 1200ES, from Mr Latte thread.
Sorry to misuse your threat, want only know this pedal constellation.

Best Regards
Porto from Portugal.

Hi RcHeliguy,

this looks awesome, can you please infrom what shaker this is ?
I´m interesting in this settings. I see an earthquake and 4 daytons? Which Daytons are this ?

I first ordered 5 AuraSound AST-2B-4 Bass Shaker. then later i want expand to this pedals setup.

First I start to put the Aura left and right side of the seat and two also left and ride of the pedales in the bottom. And one under the seat. And after this setup I want go to stage 2 for the pedals.
So that every shaker can have is own frequency, so that i don't mix so much frequency in one.
shaker.

Until know I read 25% of Mr. Latte thread and is crazy how much information also as your firstly 15 % and from Peter in German.

And to how the cost controlled I buy a AMP Sony 1200ES, from Mr Latte thread.
Sorry to misuse your threat, want only know this pedal constellation.

Best Regards
Porto from Portugal.

The transducer on the brake is an MQB-1 Pro mostly for a very solid ABS effect. I know that one has been used successfully by a few people. I'm not sure what the others are.

I had been waiting to upgrade my gaming computer with a Seasonic Vertex 1200p, but it still hasn't been released. Meanwhile the gold version has had some issues with coil whine, so I've decided to go in a different direction.

Corsair's RM1200x switch with more accessible plugs on the side seems like a better and very convenient choice. My existing 1200W Corsair PW has been very reliable and efficient as well. For the wattage my 4090 and i9-13900K are pulling currently this will be running about 92% efficiency.

1686475778899.png

The reason for the upgrade is that I'm upgrading my daughter's gaming computer so I will be putting my current 1200W Corsair PSU and the i9-12900KF & 2080Ti and I'm debating upgrading my MB.

Didn't think I would ever see this again. The old Rift CV1 that I gave my daughter 4 years ago when I got my Index.
RiftCV1_9165.jpg

Last edited:
Cool stuff for geeks. BSB has released files so we can print out a scale BSB headset mockup to get an ideal how big it is. With the settings I used, it will be just about 130grams, so very close to the 127 of the actual.

Ordered the new Corsair PSU.

More information I now know about the BSB.

Each eye has its own cooling to prevent fogging.
It has native SteamVR support and DOES NOT require its own compositor. It runs native.
The vertical FOV is slightly asymmetric by 2 degrees to be more where you tend to be looking to give you more useful VFOV.

BSB_3DPrint.jpg

Last edited:
Feeling sorry I cancelled my pre-order. Hope after those are fulfilled they will have stock available by early next year or not too long a wait... Especially if it works w/ triple screens after all!

Finishing up some odds and ends.

I had never printed a final set of the light pedal end brackets for myself even though I updated the files on Thingaverse. While the originals worked, I had taken a Japanese saw to them and cut off the bottoms as well as using a hand plan on the corners so my flight pedals wouldn't hit them. The bar ends have no interference issues.

The newer brackets are shorter and angled on the edges so they can be lowered and not interfere with the full pedals. The Jet Black looks great against the red support inserts.
View attachment 472239

I'm printing a new Cable guide/cover for my USB spool solution, but I increased the thickness of the teeth by 1mm since I had broken a tooth before. I also decided to print it in Galaxy Black. It's printing now.
View attachment 472237

Я немного модифицировал свое крепление Neutrik 8 Pole, добавив направляющую паза к отверстию под болт, чтобы оно не вращалось. Я также печатаю это в Galaxy Black.
View attachment 472238

Я чувствую, что на данный момент моя установка довольно хорошо отшлифована, и я просто расставляю точки над i и перечеркиваю t, но когда я писал это предложение, у меня появилась идея сделать что-то, что будет немного чище и немного быстрее. . Это мелочь, но теперь мне нужно ее спроектировать. РЖУ НЕ МОГУ!

Изменить: вот оно. В этом нет ничего особенного, но, учитывая то, как я прокладываю джойстик и тросы дроссельной заслонки/коллектора, мне даже не нужно использовать липучку, я могу просто дать им место для крючка, и установка будет чуть быстрее.:)

View attachment 472245
здравствуйте! могли бы выслать файлы 3D?

I tried printing a TPU interface layer, but it's still not remotely flexible enough for me to press it all the way into my face. I need a lot more give around the nose. I do not have a petite nose.
TPUinterface_9170.jpg

I'm going to make some comments about my impressions of Bigscreen Beyond as a company which has in some ways surprised me. It took someone making a comment about how open they have been for me to think about that a bit.

First, that echo's my experience from day one. They say shipping starts 3rd qtr and when I asked for specifics, they actually gave them to me. When they expected the first headset to ship and where I was in that line and an expected ship date range for my headset.

They have openly answered questions about light levels, FOV, persistence etc..

A few interesting tidbits I've picked up include that the vertical FOV is not symmetric. It is off center so it is where you look the most so you won't need to move your head as much.

Some people notice persistence more than others. For people who aren't sensitive to it, the light levels can be turned up to about 130% to brighten up the screens. For people who see some persistence, they can lower the brightness to about 80%. It seems the users are in general agreement that once you have a complete seal around your eyes that you will adapt to the light levels where ever they are set. One person has even used it at 0% brightness. The main thing people noticed at different light levels was first putting it on and then taking it off, but once sealed, people's eyes adapted to whatever light level they were set to and the experience was very good.

Light levels vary from 73-83nits depending on a few factors, but your eyes adjust within a few minutes and once again the complete light seal makes a huge difference in how well your eyes can adapt. The biggest issue I could see would be if you were repeatedly taking your headset off and back on. I could see that adjusting between light levels might get tiring. I've never had that issue with my other headsets, but I do have dimmable lighting in my room scale area, so I might just dim the lights a bit.

Each eye has its own cooling to prevent fogging. One tester mentioned that the only time he got fog was after coming right out of the shower with a wet face and he said the fog was gone in about 30 seconds.

Edit: Focal length is about 1m.

Key BSB people are fielding questions on their discord server as well as their testers who can give first hand experience of what works for them and they have different preferences.

I think offering a tear down video of your own product also fits into BSB being very open about everything. It really exudes the idea of "nothing to hide here". To date, I've not heard them be defensive about anything. They seem very forthcoming.

I very much like the attitudes and the people I've communicated with so far. I don't feel like anyone is trying to stretch the truth about anything. It makes it easier for me to actually feel good supporting a company and purchasing their product.

I won't be able to say anything about the experience until mine arrives, but I have a gut feeling that word of mouth on this headset is going to go viral and that they may have trouble keeping up with demand. Key emphasis on "gut feeling". I won't know for sure until it gets here. I have to temper that with the fact that pricing in the US is better than it is in other countries and not everyone already has light houses and Index controllers.

In addition to the 3D printable model, they also have full CAD drawing available for download. which is interesting to look at.
BSBCAD.jpg

I'm also impressed by the number of light house sensors they are using :)
lighthouseSensors.jpg

By my count the BSB has 22 sensors compared to 10 on the Aero.
AerolighthouseSensors.jpg

Last edited:
It's only been 7 months since I got my 4090 and I've been using the supplied adapter cables for my 4090. On top of the PSU is the native cable to feed my 4090.

The side mount connections should make cabling and upgrades in the future a breeze :)

CorsairRM1200x_9171.jpg

Started the upgrade. Unfortunately the Corsair PSU was missing the CPU 8pin to 2 x 4pin cable so I couldn't finish putting it together. It came with two 8 pin CPU connectors, instead. So I ordered an 8pin to 2 x 4pin adapter to use until Corsair sends me the missing cable.

So far I like the Asus board layout. It's nearly identical to my Gigabyte MB, but it leaves a little more room between the CPU and the video card slot. I did bump up to 2 x 32Gb memory cards. The only title that may help is DCS. Otherwise it is basically a waste.

I debated getting an M.2 Nvme boot drive and I still might. I typically always double the capacity when I upgrade, but my boot drive is currently a 1Tb drive and I'm using about 330Gb of it, so 2Tb seems like overkill. Drive prices are dropping pretty quickly and it really doesn't impact gaming performance. I've watched some performance tests for loading games and for DCS it could actually speed that process up. But the only time that would matter would be if I were messing around with things and having to exit and restart the game a lot.

ComputerUpgrade_9172.jpg
ComputerUpgrade_9173b.jpg

Who is your Somnium VR1 doppelgänger?
I don't know. I've been watching them as well, but I think I'm done buying aspheric lens headsets and I'm betting after the BSB that I'll have trouble buying current normal sized headsets again.

The Somnium VR1 is supposed to have a REAL as measured in VR 125H FOV which will make them the largest FOV modern consumer headset. It also checks all the boxes and a few additional as well. The dynamic pass through video could have value on a sim rig.

We have a busy last 4 months of the year to look forward to.

Quest 3 early Sept,
BSB late Sept,
Somnium VR1 4th qtr
(hopefully a Valve announcement 4th qtr )

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Monthly

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Yearly

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Weekly at lan events

• Monthly at lan events

• Yearly at lan events