Mobile Driving/Flying Cockpit with Motion and Tactile ( Build )

Got my 8pin to 4pin adapter cable, and put it back together. It's running very well now.
The new 6000MHz DDR5 memory is definitely faster at some things and the new ASUS MB had zero issues immediately running the memory at it's full 6000 XMP profile settings. It had no issues running 1.4V to power the 64Gb of memory at full rated speed.

I'll very likely stick with ASUS motherboards going forward. They seem to support memory better than Gigabyte. My last Gigabyte motherboard stopped booting with my DDR4 memory at it's full rated speed when I upgraded to a 13900K CPU. I was only able to run it at 3200MHz. So I'm only losing 200MHz in latency with the 6000MHz DDR5 memory, but nearly doubling the throughput and in practice I'm seeing an improvement in performance for some things. I likely won't see much of any difference overall. DCS is "supposed" to run better with 64Gb than it does with 32Gb. I'll find out soon enough.

Matching motherboard and GPU now! That has to be good for a few fps ;)
matchingmb_9174.jpg

My wife is heading out with a girlfriend for some hiking for a few days so I'll actually be dusting off my rig :)

I saw that and fingers crossed, I'll feel the same way when mine arrives in a couple months.

I'll know more in September.
Yes I'm fully regretting cancelling my pre-order which was made in first month available, so I'd likely be getting one soon if I stuck with it. So much regret I just re-pre-ordered (lol) so I'll be on the team in Q4 hopefully.

The Bigscreen Beyond is something completely different and while it isn't perfect by any stretch, I do think that it will improve my VR experience substantially.

That's not to say that Aero is a bad headset, but I'm now noticing a lot more how much it moves on my face and how much it weight. I've also recently worn my previous headsets back to back and it was amazing how much better the Rift CV1 fit my face compared the Index and Aero and how much lighter it felt.

I know people who have said that various headsets either fit them well or not at all and the idea of having one custom fit to my face sounds amazing!

I'm not expecting it to outresolve my Aero. It won't, but I am expecting the overall experience to be much better for my needs.

So now that I know it's coming, it's impacted how much I enjoy what I have :(

Last edited:
I had a friend ask me to design a tactile plate to fit under the SimuCube pedal deck and he wanted a full floor plate. This is the first draft. This allows height adjustment in 1cm increments if you have the brackets designed for the seat plate and the SimuCube pedal deck would bolt to the top of the 40x40 profile so it cold be slide forward and backwards.

1690027414649.png

The short cables below, are just a bit too short for the Aero.

However I just got these 3" extenders and the combination is better than just having a longer cable.

With this combination I can easily put my IEM's in, then put on my headset and plug the IEM cable into the extension. The size is perfect and it is very easy to grab the extension to connect or disconnect. The jack on the side of the Aero is flush and hard to feel for. This is quick. Also a 3 pack for $6 means I'm putting wear on a cheap extension and not the jack in the Aero.

I might use this the same way with the BSB.

The smaller cables and 3" extender appear to be more efficient than what I had before. I had to turn the volume down to 16% for my 846 Gen 2 IEM's. They have great dynamic range, and anything more than 16% is too loud.

Edit: A picture says a lot. This shows how the short IEM cables and 3" extender fit.
About as perfect as it can get.
C2_Cables_9242.jpg

Last edited:
I haven't been building my rig lately, but I have to build something.
It's not done and it's not a trebuchet.
20230731_180514.jpg

Below it is doing its job placing a joist for me. The 2x10" by 16' joist is on rollers so the joist slides easily. I'll attach a rope to it and pull it in from underneath the deck.

Winchworking.jpg

Last edited:
Just installed a 4Tb M.2 NVME drive for my primary game drive. The price has dropped enough that I thought, why not? It won't impact game performance and mostly just improves load times.

I think DCS and MSFS are the two that might benefit the most since they take so long to load.

Below shows probably a best case scenario where DCS takes half as long to load, but for many games the difference will not be noticeable.

1691579262275.png

I had a friend ask me to design a tactile plate to fit under the SimuCube pedal deck and he wanted a full floor plate. This is the first draft. This allows height adjustment in 1cm increments if you have the brackets designed for the seat plate and the SimuCube pedal deck would bolt to the top of the 40x40 profile so it cold be slide forward and backwards.

View attachment 681981
Great design, I've been following his posts on the Active Pedal discord showing great progress installed as well! Small world, I've been following your thread here forever and I am the guy who sold Brandon his add-on Active pedal last month. Glad it's all coming together. I have a similar setup, and all the gear needed for the full monte tactile. I used to follow Mr Latte's epic thread here many moons ago, and have at various times used DSP amps, mini-DSP, TSTs plus BK Concert, daytons on the paddles of my GS-5 g-seat, you name it. I just never got around to using it all nor properly isolating to get full use. Once I got a D-Box I was blown away combined with the G-seat, and have not yet really utilized the full tactile.
Anyway not to hijack your thread, just wondering if you think the experience would be much worse with this design, but implementing a seat slider (and extra extrusions and/or pedal plate as needed to make it work) to attach the pedals to the isolation platform/floor you've designed? I use Active pedals on a modified P1-X pedal plate, mounted to a motorized seat slider (which is really solid, no lash or play, ultra convenient.) I'd be resistant to giving that up. Do you think it would still come thru well if adjusted properly?

Great design, I've been following his posts on the Active Pedal discord showing great progress installed as well! Small world, I've been following your thread here forever and I am the guy who sold Brandon his add-on Active pedal last month. Glad it's all coming together. I have a similar setup, and all the gear needed for the full monte tactile. I used to follow Mr Latte's epic thread here many moons ago, and have at various times used DSP amps, mini-DSP, TSTs plus BK Concert, daytons on the paddles of my GS-5 g-seat, you name it. I just never got around to using it all nor properly isolating to get full use. Once I got a D-Box I was blown away combined with the G-seat, and have not yet really utilized the full tactile.
Anyway not to hijack your thread, just wondering if you think the experience would be much worse with this design, but implementing a seat slider (and extra extrusions and/or pedal plate as needed to make it work) to attach the pedals to the isolation platform/floor you've designed? I use Active pedals on a modified P1-X pedal plate, mounted to a motorized seat slider (which is really solid, no lash or play, ultra convenient.) I'd be resistant to giving that up. Do you think it would still come thru well if adjusted properly?
That's a tough one.

I use the Sparco double latch seat sliders on my seat and they are like a bear trap and very solid, not cheap.

But I'm also sitting on it which should help it hold together.

Maybe someone has tried that already. It might work, but I've never tried it.

FWIW I got an update on my BSB and it's looking like it will be the very end of September or early October. I reserved my BSB very shortly before the dividing date that they announced should be the 3rd qtr / 4th qtr cut off. I'm actually impressed that they called out those ship dates as closely as they did.

Setting expectations for a ship date within a few weeks for a brand new product that they are just ramping up for for production still seems pretty good to me.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 168 34.8%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 133 27.5%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 93 19.3%
  • Watch party

Votes: 38 7.9%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 10 2.1%