Mobile Driving/Flying Cockpit with Motion and Tactile ( Build )

• Deleted member 1451080

Deleted

Last edited by a moderator:
What I am trying to do?

A/ Exiters - Seat:

What I am doing (not trying to do...LOL):
- Mounting several DA 40W exiters in addition to my 2 x BK LFE and my TST429 on my seat.
- Testing the combo 2 x BK LFE, 1 x TST429 with 2, 4 or 8 x 40W DA exiters

What I am trying to achieve:
- a better immersion when driving GT3 (or LMPs) race cars in ACC and AMS2.

My rationale:
- different devices, here transducers/ exiters, with different characteristic will enable a better response of the effects from Simhub because the transducers/ exiters have different response in terms of Hz and because effects can also be sent to different units avoiding the over stressing of some units.

My expectations:
- actually I don't have very high expectations because the typical GT3 race cars don’t rev so high (like a Formula car) so the need of these exiters may be exaggerated when already having the 2 x BK LFE and 1 x TST429 which covers the main range of RPM and gear shifting effect. This little extra may however be better suited for the formula cars.

Possible outlook:
- I have another idea for the use of the exciters but I will post that in the general thread for transducers.

=> Meanwhile I have thanks to Metalnwood a great new project for the seat with or without out the exiters!
Check the general thread of the transducers ;)

B/ Exiters - Pedals:

I suppose you misunderstood my post (and the feedback of Blekenbleu).

- My setup for my pedal plate and my heel plate is without exiters and I do not plan to add exiters for these 2 units.
The pedal plate is isolated from the rig and has currently 2 x BK mini LFEs.
The heel plate is also isolated, from the pedal plate and therefore from the rig. The heel plate has 1 x BK Advance.

- The idea to use an exciter for the brake pedal itself (not for the pedal plate etc..see above).
Originally I was thinking of use these „playstation“ joystick motors but the power output seemed to be too low. Hence the idea with an exciter or with some BK mini LFE that I have left over from another project, The goal would be simulate the ABS pulsation effect on the pedal itself. This is of course only interesting for the "older" cars without the current technology of the brake-by-wire. For the current cars I suppose that the dbox Simtag pedals are the best and I will ultimately get one of these when they have solved their leaking issues on their pedals (and maybe the FIA will reduce their licensing fees and therefore decrease their price tag...LOL)

If you have more questions, you can PM me here or in Discord again, so that we don't jammed too much the thread of RCHeliguy ;)
Errr, no think you missed the point......

It was in reference to questioning the other model and it being touted as having
"Somewhat better performance"

I didn't post it as a question, but to highlight, you are combining exciters with other units.
Based on that, you already have the best low/mid bass with BK/TST models.

Therefore the "Thruster" model with the improved output with the higher frequencies should be more beneficial, for potentially nicer felt sensations with effects that can apply higher octaves or using harmonically matched (upper bass) frequencies to what is used on the other units for specific effects detailing.

As these are the frequencies with the least amount of bandwidth then it is more important to have them used with direct contact as possible. This way more of their detail can be retained. Those trying to place other units on the back of the seat, fail to grasp the point in having the selected "Thruster" model be able to work in tandem with the other recommended models. Primarily due to its ability to offer nicer responses with these higher frequencies that other units are not be able to deliver.

While a TST can achieve nice detail in higher frequencies, we cannot place multiple TST units to a back of a seat like we can with 4-6 Thruster units. Each unit is chosen for its own benefits and role for the effects I intend to build and that will make use of these.

In respect to the OP, this thread isn't the place to drag this or other RB stuff any further...
I will ignore any further talk on it here, unless it is by the OP himself.

Last edited:
Thanks!!! I may have to do also a QR for the stick in the middle indeed.

Lucky enough I can use my MFG Crosswind pedals under my car pedals.
I had to attached these to the rig because of the motion SFX

God help me, I created another YouTube channel to let collect dust, but I think this may have some useful information for you. It goes into a lot more depth on how the flight controls mount to my seat.

• Deleted member 1451080

Deleted

• Deleted member 1451080

Deleted

I am actually not sure that the exiters will help me getting more immersion. I have received 4 of the 8 that I have ordered and I will mount them for sure but….I suppose that the exiters will be more beneficial for the people driving formula cars F1 etc…where the engines rev very high. I can’t recall having these vibrations when I was racing on GT2/ GT3. I suppose I got too exited to try something new with the exiters and Peter was very convincing. What I could imagine however is that the combo BK mini LFE and exiter would be better but as you could read in the general thread the location of the BK mini may get tricky…

I have now unsubscribed from the general tactile thread and as stated I am done with it...

Not interested in people trying to bait me into a discussion of what is said here, over there @metalnwood. Listen, you guys can do what you want with your own installations, I don't care anymore. I highlighted the reasons why this model was chosen and based on the effects development I have done, they are necessary to achieve the full characteristics certain effects may have. Try listening to music with no treble, or imagine an orchestra with certain smaller instruments removed. If you want to ignore this as an element, that's up to each person.

It's amusing, as quite a few of you, seem to want effects that will be made for the recommended "specific hardware", but for whatever reasons, have problems just following the recommendations of using it.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 1451080

Deleted

suppose that the exiters will be more beneficial for the people driving formula cars F1 etc…where the engines rev very high. I can’t recall having these vibrations when I was racing on GT2/ GT3.

They are more than beneficial in any car. Try not to focus on exciters as mainly being used as high rpm enhancers. You might be surprised with how much they compliment the larger units when going over small or high kerbing and even off road :)

I suppose that’s the people who always want to improve « things » :D

Many people like this over here :roflmao: (and you also one of them, right :thumbsup:)

I understand making assumptions. I've made plenty of my own and I'm not afraid to say that my assumptions were wrong.

Like Paul suggested exciters are useful in other applications and I've found that they are surprisingly effective. I use them mostly to reinforce other effects and they do help create additional immersion and I found them a worthy addition to my rig even with motion and a BK-CT and TST-429 under my seat.

I do think having a snug seat belt and tensioning system helps them achieve their maximum effect.

Last edited:
If you upgrade the collective at any point, give the Komodo a look. Top notch from what I remember from some rotary friends (not much of one myself, but might give the AH-64 a try…the Huey never did it for me).

• Deleted member 1451080

Deleted

• Deleted member 1451080

Deleted

It is never too late i guess. So you are using them in pairs to map to individual effects or layers, i assume?

FWIW to date I'm always using them either in pairs or all together.

Given the EPQ304 is only running at 2 notches above 0, putting two exciters on a single channel in series bringing the load up to 8 ohms and there should be plenty of power to increase the volume to compensate.

It is never too late i guess. So you are using them in pairs to map to individual effects or layers, i assume?

I'm using mine much in the same way as Mark. Some effects are sent through all four such as rpm and gear change but I feel the main benefit and best immersion comes through when setting spatialization to left/right for effects such as wheels slip, road vibration and especially road rumble.

• Deleted member 1451080

Deleted

• Deleted member 1451080

Deleted

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 276 34.5%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 221 27.7%