Mobile Driving/Flying Cockpit with Motion and Tactile ( Build )

• Deleted member 1451080

Deleted

Last edited by a moderator:
What is a thruster exciter?
1180.jpg

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 1451080

Deleted

• Deleted member 1451080

Deleted

• Deleted member 1451080

Deleted

• smaller VHB attachment ring
  • more robust (IMO) terminals
  • impressive-appearing Thruster fins are bogus polymer
    • impairing, not helping, heat dissipation
  • somewhat better measurements:
Rather than simply replace DAEX32EP-4 burned out while fiddling with brake pedal 14Hz feedback with another of the same, I opted instead for a DAEX30HESF-4, which specifies a slightly lower resonance.
Comparative pictures are already shown by @bassun:

On inspection, lower resonance probably results from the DAEX30HESF-4 lacking the spring steel supplementary suspension of the DAEX32EP-4. FWIW, the DAEX32EP-4's finned black surround
is seemingly NOT a heat sink; it is of a substantially non-conductive polymer, adding little mass.
The DAEX30HESF-4's VHB mounting ring is relatively and concerningly small.
Whether its advertised "High Efficiency Steered Flux Exciter with Shielding" magnet circuit actually differs from that of the DAEX32EP-4 seems unlikely; magnet external dimensions are very similar...
Its more open construction may afford better voice coil cooling,
and its solder tabs for wiring attachment are distinctly more robust.

• Deleted member 1451080

Deleted

• Deleted member 1451080

Deleted

When comparing, the DAEX30HESF-4 30 mm Vs the DAEX32EP-4 Thruster 32mm
If looking at official test measurements with both units tested on the same material using I believe Omnimic V2

Exciters can be quite nice way to get into tactile and using them soley for specific effects too but we see scenarios in possible issues with users, with often amps having much more power than these need being used and the units overdriven. Not heard of anything to confirm one unit is better or not than the other in reliability or in less than ideal usage scenarios.

For the sub 200Hz range, we see a bit better lower response with the HESF unit.
However (my own) intended purpose of the "Exciters" for more advanced multilayer effects implementation, was to combine them with (BK/TST).

In doing this then the slightly better lower response is not as important as the 150Hz+ improved output. For me anyways from an effects creation perspective. It was seen as more desirable and purely to help further extend the highest frequencies we will use (thus the ones with the least bandwidth) and having these directly mounted to the back of a seat for the most direct contact to our bodies.

So this would then help get the most detail out of 2nd and 3rd tier harmonics for effects extension we want to do that with.

On my own tests with carbon back-based seat, I would say yes there was a bit better-felt response in the higher end but measurements mean very little as "test scenario" used to conduct tests, may not relate that much to Simhubs multiple possibilities in generated effects being output at any time.

Understandable, that people may not want to use their exciters the way I considered them to be best implemented. However for those that do then these are my own views on this.

The Thruster, was deemed the more attractive unit too and I think from memory it had larger 3M adhesive ring but cant say these are that important factors for others.

If you want to decide what unit is better for you, then buy both to compare and do your own 1-1 comparisons. That is the best way to determine what "YOU" as the user may prefer.

I'm sorry and no offense, but I never did see much benefits in measurements being taken via a modified office chair, on a seat with very different materials than a typical race seat most people will use.

To use that as a basis to determine the operation of the unit, seems flawed. It is clearly highlighted that measurements will vary based on the materials these are installed onto.

If people want to ignore that, even if the results are not necessarily accurate or relevant to different users' own seats or rigs. Nor does such tests Ive seen, take into account DSP that may be applied by the user to control the units how they want them.

In my experience, people do NOT seek to tune their Simhub settings of effects based on calibrated settings from measurements of some test. Simply because their usage of the unit can also vary in different sims or situations. It is usually by feel, to suit the sim they are playing, their mood, the effects being used at the time, the car, and what channels or gain they may have various effects layers being mapped to different channels.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 1451080

Deleted

Checked out my local maker space tonight! Very nice. This is just part of what they offer. They also have a black smithing area that will get a metal forge for sand casting metals :) Looking forward to getting certified on all the metal working tools.

Mill
kmMill.jpg

Lathe
kmLathe.jpg

Brake and Press
kmBrakePress.jpg

Harder Steel cutting bandsaw
kmMetalBandsaw.jpg

Aluminum and mild steel
kmBandsaw2.jpg

Part of the Welding space
kmWeldingArea.jpg

100W CO2 Laser cutter 48"x48"
kmLaserCutter.jpg

Surface Grinder
kmSurfaceGrinder.jpg

Wood working area with multiple Planers, Jointers, 3 x SawStop table saws, Sanders, Drill presses, bandsaws, and hand tools.
kmWoodWorking.jpg

Textile area, with industrial Sewing machines that can handle canvas, as well as other sewing machines and sergers.
kmSewing.jpg

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 1451080

Deleted

I do think that the moving piston of a BK mini LFE would be better suited for creating this pulsation on the brake pedal but I fear that the weight is just too much for the pedals (I have the HE Ultimate).
I was thinking about this one day too. I don't really intend to try it, but maybe the idea could work for you.

My idea was to essentially attach/extend a sort of rod or bar from the front of the pedal down below the pedal deck. So, imagine that the front of the pedal (that the pedal face attaches to), would simply extend downwards through the bottom of the base. Then, you would attach a mini-life to that rod or bar extension under the base. It would also be a bit amplified due to the 'lever' effect.

The Ultimates would be a decent candidate for this, since the base is a sort of open-frame construction that I think would allow a rod/bar extension to come out the bottom. In my case, I have them mounted directly to 40/40 pieces on the pedal deck, so there's a natural gap between the bar that the 'front' mounting brackets attach to, vs. the 'rear' mounting brackets (on the pedals), which would allow this sort of bar/rod to extend underneath, and mostly be hidden.

Perhaps someone else tried or thought of that already? I don't know. But it might be interesting idea to think about.

i need to correct a big mistake - i need to write something at this channel :)

i will reduce it to a 3 words

@RCHeliguy
1) Thank You (it such an incredibel benefit and i know the effort behind this type of documentation)
2) Outstanding

did not read all of it - some of the last pages so far
and read very often Peter and Wife - so better to get now all notifactions

Last edited:

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 41 32.5%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 38 30.2%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 22 17.5%