Mobile Driving/Flying Cockpit with Motion and Tactile ( Build )

Can we see photos of the TST-429 mounted on your rig please :)

OK.
TST429_7894.jpg

TST429_7898.jpg

Thanks for these, so this is under your peddles/ front end right? I note on the Clarke website it says it must only be mounted horizontally and not vertically so no seat back mounting then I expect.

Is there any conflict with the buttkicker near it… how do they work together? Or as I expect is there different effects sent through each of them?

Sounds like a bit of a beast (they mention military simulators)

Last edited:
Thanks for these, so this is under your peddles/ front end right? I note on the Clarke website it says it must only be mounted horizontally and not vertically so no seat back mounting then I expect.

Is there any conflict with the buttkicker near it… how do they work together? Or as I expect is there different effects sent through each of them?

Sounds like a bit of a beast (they mention military simulators)

I've also got a TST-429 under my seat brackets along with another BK-CT and there are 4 x 40W exciters on the back of my seat.

The BK's are lower frequency 6-35Hz the TST-429 really don't show up until about 45Hz and then go up to about 100Hz. They are a matched pair and make great effects together.

I have no interaction that I'm aware of between the BK and TST on my foot plate.

ReadyForSeat_6985.jpg

Last edited:
Just put the new TST-429 through it's paces. It feels strong and works well.

Compared to the TST-329 I had to drop the power back a couple notches on my amplifier since it is more efficient and it still has a bit more power, but feels good there.

I "think" it has a bit better low end, but it's possible that I would need to drop the amplification another notch to be equivalent to the 329.

I'm not saying this is night and day or anything. It felt good before, but I have my matched pairing now and I "think" there is a bit of an improvement.
Hi Mark, how many clicks did you have to go back on the Behringer amp for the same power? Would like to unterstand the difference in efficiency between the 329 and 429 models.

Hi Mark, how many clicks did you have to go back on the Behringer amp for the same power? Would like to unterstand the difference in efficiency between the 329 and 429 models.
I only dropped back 2 clicks, but it still feels stronger.

According to Clark Synthesis

TST-209 -> +50% -> TST-229 -> twice as powerful -> TST-329 -> twice as powerful -> TST-429

So not only does the TST-429 handle more wattage 160W rms vs 135W rms, but it creates a lot more tactile with the same power.

1643888854255.png

Last edited:
I am interested how to do that. Have looked for the option but cant find it. Neither in the X3 app or the simhub version.
In SimHub when you click to the output view you can click on the names at the top of each channel under a soundcard and it will allow you to edit the names.

I didn't know this until someone told me.

So in the image below I think it used to just say Channel 1, Channel 2 etc.. and I clicked on Channel 1 and typed in Front BK-CT.

This reminds me that I need to change the name of my second channel :)

1643892090635.png

Last edited:
Got to see the first picture of the hardware I designed for Race Bass being installed into a rig. Looked like a SimLab chassis with SFX-100 and the tactile seat plate and brackets look like they bolted up as designed. He even had the plate submerged into the frame :) It had one BK-LFE or CT (couldn't tell from the angle) and one TST-429 installed in the middle. The plate is designed to handle up to two TST's and 4 x BK's for anyone who wants to go hog wild. So far so good!

To be clear this is not a business venture for me. I am not making one penny off of this. I'm just trying to help someone succeed who has put an enormous effort into it.

Last edited:
Got to see the first picture of the hardware I designed for Race Bass being installed into a rig. Looked like a SimLab chassis with SFX-100 and the tactile seat plate and brackets look like they bolted up as designed. He even had the plate submerged into the frame :) It had one BK-LFE or CT (couldn't tell from the angle) and one TST-429 installed in the middle. The plate is designed to handle up to two TST's and 4 x BK's for anyone who wants to go hog wild. So far so good!

To be clear this is not a business venture for me. I am not making one penny off of this. I'm just trying to help someone succeed who has put an enormous effort into it.
So what is the deal with getting the profiles?

I have said, even though I did my own I would be happy to pay something. Simtag have said that if I buy from them I would get access to the RB discord and still have to donate in the order of $100 additionally to still get the profiles.

It should be a bit more clear what is supposed to happen, what you have to pay, to whom and to get what?

It's one thing buying another set of isolators - which I wouldnt mind doing as I could put those on the pedals as well as having contributed. So even though I could build more isolators myself I would just consider the extra cost a donation towards the effort. The sticky point is if buying a set of isolators does not actually give you access to them.

Why is there no clear articulation on this?

There is a lot still being figured out. Parts are just now starting to move and documentation is still being put together. Priorities have to focus there with a small intial group of people.

They are just starting to transition from beta testing to an actual release.

Last edited:
I am not sure what that means? It's not like I can't place an order they are selling them to whomever asks.

All I want to clarify from what simtag has said is that getting isolators does not give you the profiles, you still have to donate in the RB discord a reasonable sum. - nearly the price of the isolators

I would be ok buying a set if that got me the profiles. I dont want to buy them and find there is more to pay without knowing this for certain up front and there seems to be no way to find this out? So I have to take it that its not an error from simtag and that getting the isolators does not in fact give you the profiles? Is there a way to just buy the profiles then?

Last edited:
OK, thanks. I would love the racebass guys to be able to clarify this if you can ask someone.

I dont care what the pricing model is, simtag will take my money, if they will take my money today we should have a clear understanding today.

Paying for profiles is not something that sits well with the Simhub developer, Wotever. So this is going to be a very tricky subject. Does one selling profiles need to pay a commission to Simhub for the ability to create and share those profiles? The business model is very messy given the program being utilised belongs to no one in the Simtag venture.

I've forgotten about the profiles. I don't foresee them coming to anyone that is not part of the internal beta testing program and honestly it's not worth the hassle. The amount of recently shared effects and profiles, completely free and for the love of the hobby, is more than enough to enjoy tactile with whatever units you have.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 278 34.4%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 227 28.1%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 149 18.4%
  • Watch party

Votes: 66 8.2%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 20 2.5%