Modding Programs / Modding Questions

Hy there!

I need some help. I try to play with my little brother online, but he has some problem with his game.
The road signs (or how to put that... you know, the ones that show how far the corner is: 200 m, 100 m, 50 m, etc, besides, the little orange things pointing out of the ground... you know! ;) ) are solid for him. They are like they were some kind of walls, actually.

Any time he makes contact with them, he crashes his car, and he drives me crazy, because we can't play a single race together.

We tried first to repair the game with the installer, but nothing has changed. Then, we tried to uninstall and reinstall the game - but he has WinXP, and there's something missing on his old computer, so we actually can't uninstall the game with the installer on the CD!

All in all.
Is there something that we can try to erease ALL! the road sign-things so that we could play? Or is there something else we could do?

Please, write me ASAP!

All the best,
Barney

Hy there!

I need some help. I try to play with my little brother online, but he has some problem with his game.
The road signs (or how to put that... you know, the ones that show how far the corner is: 200 m, 100 m, 50 m, etc, besides, the little orange things pointing out of the ground... you know! ;) ) are solid for him. They are like they were some kind of walls, actually.

Any time he makes contact with them, he crashes his car, and he drives me crazy, because we can't play a single race together.

We tried first to repair the game with the installer, but nothing has changed. Then, we tried to uninstall and reinstall the game - but he has WinXP, and there's something missing on his old computer, so we actually can't uninstall the game with the installer on the CD!

All in all.
Is there something that we can try to erease ALL! the road sign-things so that we could play? Or is there something else we could do?

Please, write me ASAP!

All the best,
Barney

That's strange. I don't know why they're so tough but..

The strangest thing is... How the .... is he hitting the break markers?! :D What is he doing there? :unsure:

That's strange. I don't know why they're so tough but..

The strangest thing is... How the .... is he hitting the break markers?! :D What is he doing there? :unsure:

Yeah, you're absolutely right... :D That's what I'm saying to him every single time.

But anyway, we managed to install a Win7 to his computer, installed the game again, and everything is fine.
Now he can't complain if I beat him! :p

Hi all now that i finally got my f1 2011 to run on my windows 7 system i would like to ask you all how and what mods could we use to improve the game? I'm currently running the 2012 mod but the game on a whole seems too arcade for me. The new f1 game will hopefully be more simulation.

Hi all now that i finally got my f1 2011 to run on my windows 7 system i would like to ask you all how and what mods could we use to improve the game? I'm currently running the 2012 mod but the game on a whole seems too arcade for me. The new f1 game will hopefully be more simulation.

Moved to appropriate thread.

Hello,

I have a question again.
I edited the game and now i have 4 or 5 teams in tier 1. But always Red Bull Racing is the fastest car and much quicker than other teams, which are in tier 1. What I have to edit ?

I think I must edit the "engine power" and the "virtual performance" . Is it all or have I missed something?

Thanks for help!

Can you tell me plz. if it's possible to make just tyres and front suspension visible, by modding car textures?; or some other way... Im using a projector setup, sth. like on this vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8BJlEn6DSE
I managed to make it work in rfactor by playing with car lod, but cant make it in f1 2011. I can adjust camera angle by myself, but i need car to go away (except front tyres and suspension). I ask for your help. Thx

Hi. Simple and quick question about driver id. What is the driver id for Massa and Alonso in the helmets tab? I've been trying to get a fin for my custom helmet since I drive for ferrari, and went to f1drivers tab or something like that, checked that Massa is 12 and Alonso 13 ( or vice versa) Then edited both of their fins from 0 to 1 but still no fin in my helmet. Have I missed something or whats going on?

I've just double checked by turning it off then on again and it works fine here.

One small note....if you are expecting to see the fin in the cutscenes....you won't. It only turns it off and on for driving.

I would like to know which is the best camera mod for f1 2011, i prefer the camera where you can just see the helmet and the beginning of the wings. I think its t-cam view. Please could people post links and screen shots of various camera views.
a>

3DybE.jpg
[/IMG]
3DybE.jpg
[/IMG]

I like the default T-cam but I guess there's no "best camera" - everyone is different. I can't get around a track properly in the current cockpit view, not for the life of me, for example. However, it's not much of a problem in SHIFT 2. :)

I've just double checked by turning it off then on again and it works fine here.

One small note....if you are expecting to see the fin in the cutscenes....you won't. It only turns it off and on for driving.

So there is no way turning it on for the cutscenes also? Could you also tell me the id numbers for alonso and massa so I can check if I am at the same page as you. Sorry for bad english.

So there is no way turning it on for the cutscenes also? Could you also tell me the id numbers for alonso and massa so I can check if I am at the same page as you. Sorry for bad english.

They are as you say they are, you have the correct id's. No there isn't a way of turning them on for cutscenes, as cutscenes is a pre determined animation sequence.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 62 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 33 5.0%
  • Yearly

Votes: 40 6.0%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 15 2.3%