Modding Questions Thread

I play coop with a friend, is there anyway to get 2013 teams in F1 2012? I think we could change the textures, but how about teamnames, drivers etc? Can two people play with the same modified database in coop online?

Guys im sure somebody asked that but didnt find the answer of it but, where can i find the files of ai helmets so i can update em?

All the AI driver helmets are in their respective car teams folder. Livery 0 and Livery 1.

In 2013, as we know, in qualifying the DRS can be activated exclusively in activation areas of the track laid down by the race direction. Anyone knows how to set values ​​for this mod during the qualifying sessions?
Probably,I think changes are among these rows, but I don't know which are right values:

<rearWingMaxCurvature float="0.01" /> - If you make it to "0.02" for example, the AI will start trying to use the rear wing (DRS) on bigger corners. I prefer to don't touch it because it results in spinning AI's due to DRS.
<rearWingMinSpeed float="25.0" /> - The minimum speed that they activate their DRS on.
<rearWingMinDistanceToNextCorner float="200.0" /> - If you make this value lower (for example 50) the AI's will use the DRS even on a small straights when the next corner is very close. The value is in METERS.

I think this is wrong area to ask.

But I'm also curious as to how to do this. However I fear that it may not be possible. The only way I could see this happening is if somehow the DRS code for the race is applied the to practice and qualifying.

In 2013, as we know, in qualifying the DRS can be activated exclusively in activation areas of the track laid down by the race direction. Anyone knows how to set values ​​for this mod during the qualifying sessions?
Probably,I think changes are among these rows, but I don't know which are right values:

<rearWingMaxCurvature float="0.01" /> - If you make it to "0.02" for example, the AI will start trying to use the rear wing (DRS) on bigger corners. I prefer to don't touch it because it results in spinning AI's due to DRS.
<rearWingMinSpeed float="25.0" /> - The minimum speed that they activate their DRS on.
<rearWingMinDistanceToNextCorner float="200.0" /> - If you make this value lower (for example 50) the AI's will use the DRS even on a small straights when the next corner is very close. The value is in METERS.

This post and the following replies after it, merged into the correct thread

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 37 8.5%
  • Monthly

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Yearly

Votes: 29 6.7%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.3%