Modding Questions Thread

Thx puffi :thumbsup:
can anyone tell me where the audio name files are? I do not have the Kamui audio name option with 2013 mod and would like to change one of the generic ones such as *driver* to Kamui. I cannot find these files :(

Thx puffi :thumbsup:
can anyone tell me where the audio name files are? I do not have the Kamui audio name option with 2013 mod and would like to change one of the generic ones such as *driver* to Kamui. I cannot find these files :(
If I understand you right, you need to look at the database - f1drivers: audio_key_drivers_number and/or* audio_voice. The drivers spoken with "driver" should have a "0" as entry, if I am not mistaken [ofc there are some dummy drivers like Kubica and Chandhok e.g. they have a "0" as default]

*not sure if both need to be edited or just one of them, I always edit both :D

Would it be possible to create/generate a random option for quickrace?
(well, I guess I should ask Petar Tasev directly, he could know it or find a way)

Often you sit there and just want to drive a quick race, no matter the team or circuit ... but you have still to choose it and so you're sitting there and sitting This track? Uh, no .. this? Hm ... it's annoying.

I remember in the good ol' times, when you pressed quickrace, it was an instant start with any car on any track.

Does anyone have experience changing files in the simple_fonts.pssg with Ryder's editor? I have some replacement LED fonts that I'd like to use, but simply inserting them as usual (as done with vehicle and interior .pssgs) gives me a CTD upon game launch. There's a lot of data/attributes in the .pssg as well, but I'm not sure what to change…

Can anyone help? I'd love to test these fonts out and release them!

Does anyone have experience changing files in the simple_fonts.pssg with Ryder's editor? I have some replacement LED fonts that I'd like to use, but simply inserting them as usual (as done with vehicle and interior .pssgs) gives me a CTD upon game launch. There's a lot of data/attributes in the .pssg as well, but I'm not sure what to change…

Can anyone help? I'd love to test these fonts out and release them!

For what I've seen, the LED fonts file are encoded with ui8x4 type and vehicle skins are done with dxt5. I cannot find what settings on Photoshop should I use to get to work. I cannot find how to make it even on Google! :confused:

EDIT: I found it myself! When you're saving the file as dds, check the option 8.8.8.8 ARGB 32 bpp | unsigned. It will save your archive as ui8x4 and will be recognized by Ryder's PSSG Editor and in game aswell.

oCjqkgE.jpg

Now I can make my own fonts too! :roflmao:

hi guys..so basically ive been enjoying online for a while, but now to tackle career i think,

so what would be the best mods to get to make the career the best possible experience..

im aware that mods currupt the save game so a new one needs to be made, will that also affect me obtaining new achievements??

thanks very much

hi guys..so basically ive been enjoying online for a while, but now to tackle career i think,

so what would be the best mods to get to make the career the best possible experience..

im aware that mods currupt the save game so a new one needs to be made, will that also affect me obtaining new achievements??

thanks very much

First of all...wrong thread!
Here's the Modding Questions Thread http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/modding-questions-thread.56416/page-92#post-1478370

Hi there folks,

Sorry its not F1 2012 related but if I ask this in the 2010 forums no one will respond sadly :(

I was just wondering if anyone knew how to get all the HD car skins, the Abu Dhabi ones for F1 2010? the 2010 mod torrent files is not currently being seeded and I can't find them anywhere. Thanks to anyone who can help, sorry this isn't F1 2012 related again, I understand if you close the thread :)

Does anyone happen to know if the AI can be fixed for China's Turn 1?

They take completely the wrong line, and are far too slow. I've tried editing the ai_vehicle_track.xml, but to no avail. :(

Does anyone happen to know if the AI can be fixed for China's Turn 1?

They take completely the wrong line, and are far too slow. I've tried editing the ai_vehicle_track.xml, but to no avail. :(
What's the matter, tried using True To Life AI? For me the AI is with his files and my track_difficulties settings even a bit faster than I am :D

Hi there folks,

Sorry its not F1 2012 related but if I ask this in the 2010 forums no one will respond sadly :(

I was just wondering if anyone knew how to get all the HD car skins, the Abu Dhabi ones for F1 2010? the 2010 mod torrent files is not currently being seeded and I can't find them anywhere. Thanks to anyone who can help, sorry this isn't F1 2012 related again, I understand if you close the thread :)

I am not sure... I had mods on my F1 2010, which is uninstalled now. But it was so hard to find the mods, so i kept them. I have an "old" carpark, but i thnk i messed it up and a "cars" folder. Some textures i can open, some not (because the version of Ryders Editor). And i think that these are not the original files, but mods. So they are the HD ones, maybe.

Should i upload it for you so you can test it? As i said, i uninstalled the game.

I am not sure... I had mods on my F1 2010, which is uninstalled now. But it was so hard to find the mods, so i kept them. I have an "old" carpark, but i thnk i messed it up and a "cars" folder. Some textures i can open, some not (because the version of Ryders Editor). And i think that these are not the original files, but mods. So they are the HD ones, maybe.

Should i upload it for you so you can test it? As i said, i uninstalled the game.

Yeah that would be great, its worth a try :) thanks

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 13 31.0%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 15 35.7%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Watch party

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • At a friends house