Modding Questions Thread

Alright, I also found out that it isn't a problem with chargingcar's awesome mod... Have you guys had this problem when making cockpit cam head-cam2 instead on head-cam?

Hi Guy,s
I have been working on this spectator mod on and off now since xmas ,
the problem is that I have all the cars cameras setup really nice with some awesome shots , but the Lod settings just can not find something that I have seen before ,
I have been searching through the game for a while now and its vanished ,

Can someone who knows the settings please direct me closer to them ,
in cars I have all the lod settings on ultra on all lods including replays cams ,
I have seen somewhere before the wing mirrors settings to be able to change the resolution but can not find them xml now no where :thumbsup:
2014-03-22_00001.jpg

Alright, I also found out that it isn't a problem with chargingcar's awesome mod... Have you guys had this problem when making cockpit cam head-cam2 instead on head-cam?
I never have noticed that issue m8 , when playing the game , is it on all cars or just the one car ,
I do not normally come over to these threads unless stuck or would have not seen your message :thumbsup:

I never have noticed that issue m8 , when playing the game , is it on all cars or just the one car ,
I do not normally come over to these threads unless stuck or would have not seen your message :thumbsup:
I have checked the RB, Merc and Ferrari, and they all had the problem...

You mean Documents\My Games\FormulaOne2013\hardwaresettings\hardware_settings_config.xml ?
You mean Documents\My Games\FormulaOne2013\hardwaresettings\hardware_settings_config.xml ?
yes thank,s m8 that is the folder that I could not remember ,
but do not think its the one I need , I need the replays cams for spectator to have normal lod car settings ,
I have mod for full lod steering wheels but would like all the digital params as well ,
these spectator replays have done my head since 2010 and have never been updated , I have all the cams that I want and are all near perfect shots , but the lod is terrible , please help if you know how m8 , its doing my nap in lol :thumbsup:

Reducing AI braking distance.

I opened the ai_driver_parameter_mappings file and adjusted with the line 0.7: I takj the 4 lines are corresponding to difficulty level. Ive only altered the last (legend ) level default at 1.0. I find any lower than 0.7 and AI don't brake early enough, but with 0.7 makes them brake later than normal

Could anyone confirm these or clarify?

<mapping ai_variable="corner_brake_distance_factor" characteristic="speed_in" type="NEFloat" value="1.0" num_limits="4">
<limit difficulty="0.0" characteristic_value="0.0">1.45</limit>
<limit difficulty="0.0" characteristic_value="1.0">1.3</limit>
<limit difficulty="1.0" characteristic_value="0.0">1.15</limit>
<limit difficulty="1.0" characteristic_value="1.0">0.7</limit>
</mapping>

im trying to get the AI not to back out of out braking moments they could have.

There is also a few lines in the ai driver config, but not sure they actually effect any change.

<hvOvMaxInterestingOvertakeTime float="4.0" />
<hvOvMinInterestingOvertakeTime float="1.0" />
<thBrakeLineSpeedDrop float="0.25" />
<brFollowSpeedBrake float="0.5" />

<asTargetBuffer float="-3.0" />

<asRejectDistance float="15.0" /> (could this contro how early ai back out of overtakes?)

<dfBrakeZoneLimit float="300.0" />
<dfBrakeSpeedUpperLimit float="84.9376" />

<ovBrakeOvertakeTime float="0.0" />
<ovRejectDistance float="500.0" />
<ovMinMetresSeparationAwayFromCorner float="10.0" />
<ovSeparationDistanceAtBrakeLine float="11.0" />
<ovSecondsBeforeBrakeZoneToReact float="3.25" />

<atgBrakingZoneTriggerTime float="2.5" />

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Monthly

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Yearly

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Monthly at lan events

• Yearly at lan events