Modding Questions Thread

does anyone know how i can put daniel ricciardos photo in as my career mode photo instead of that stig looking pic? Can someone please help me is there a tutorial on this through the pssg editor?

Last edited:
hi there again :D simple question and a small question ^^ i am playing with an F1 2014 season mod so the point is wich .CTF files i must change and what inside the ctf can i change to make e.g. Force India ,MC Laren fast enough they can easily score some podiums (only for the AI cars i mean) because i think it would be for me ofcourse more exciting to see many different finishes over a season ^^

but when i look in ctf files its so many thing too change but what too change is the hard thing to know so maybe anybody can give me an tutorial or some tipps what i can change myself without destroying gameplay

greetings from germany and pls do not hit me because of my rusty english :D

hi there again :D simple question and a small question ^^ i am playing with an F1 2014 season mod so the point is wich .CTF files i must change and what inside the ctf can i change to make e.g. Force India ,MC Laren fast enough they can easily score some podiums (only for the AI cars i mean) because i think it would be for me ofcourse more exciting to see many different finishes over a season ^^

but when i look in ctf files its so many thing too change but what too change is the hard thing to know so maybe anybody can give me an tutorial or some tipps what i can change myself without destroying gameplay

greetings from germany and pls do not hit me because of my rusty english :D

I haven't make a tutorial, but could say about many thing and values in CTF. feel free to ask anything, pleasant if I can be of help

hey there,
i want to offset the pod on a cam. my question is: which programs do i need, how can i see which cam_file is which cam (like tv_cam) and how can i offset pod?

if there s an answer, i'm sry and maybe you can send me the link because i didn't find anything.

I haven't make a tutorial, but could say about many thing and values in CTF. feel free to ask anything, pleasant if I can be of help
well simple thing is too make cars quicker like changing the mass of the car but i do not know how much because seems very big impacts? and i do not know wich file must i take the files in track or in balanced? hmmmm not easy :D

Max mass in FIA regulation is Kg 692 for 2014, as you can see this here vehicles are heavier than 2013, so not quicker.

( fuel mass from 80 to 50, engine_mass from 95 to 155 )

if you want to have the fastest car, you can change some values relating to aerodynamics:
search values with cd drag coefficient, cl lift coefficient, drag, resistance ( wing and air ). pressure

don't change :
aero_front_wing_loss
aero_min_front_height
aero_max_rear_height
aero_min_front_height
aero_min_rear_height
downforce

da - drag
inertia

have you changed kers and rev limit?

Max mass in FIA regulation is Kg 692 for 2014, as you can see this here vehicles are heavier than 2013, so not quicker.

if you want to have the fastest car, you can change some values relating to aerodynamics:
search values with cd drag coefficient, cl lift coefficient, drag, resistance ( wing and air ). pressure

don't change :
aero_front_wing_loss
aero_min_front_height
aero_max_rear_height
aero_min_front_height
aero_min_rear_height
downforce

da - drag
inertia

But it also has to balanced AI is not even staying on track if we went too much to 2014 settings. Thats the BIG issue:(

don't change :
aero_front_wing_loss
aero_min_front_height
aero_max_rear_height
aero_min_front_height
aero_min_rear_height
downforce

da - drag
inertia

well this are good informations! thank you ,well Kers and rev limit are changed because iam playing with an F1 2014 mod from a german group .^^
so the last thingy is i want to change it only for the ai so wich ctf i must choose, the balanced or the track? (the folders i mean ^^)

well this are good informations! thank you ,well Kers and rev limit are changed because iam playing with an F1 2014 mod from a german group .^^
so the last thingy is i want to change it only for the ai so wich ctf i must choose, the balanced or the track? (the folders i mean ^^)

the f1 pole racing mod have in ctf file and database many values wrong. In my opinion is't a good mod

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Yearly

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Monthly at lan events

• Yearly at lan events