Modding Questions Thread

ok, the grey was bollocks it's just transparency background within pssg file
though I do not see any problem here
Creating a complete new .dds file with a face and transparency works like a charm
View attachment 54844
Of course for the best result it seems the content needs to be adjusted in its width else it looks a bit stretched like my quick test.
yeah it seems that we won't see any issues when creating new dds file with a new face and transparency inside.
but the real problem is when editing an existing .dds files and save them, the grey mask/background of the old pic is still there.
i've experienced when editing b_persistent for car side icon of my Lamborghini. after put the car side icon on the files and saved them, there was a grey mask still on the top of the car icon. i didn't know what's wrong. then i realize i should edit the alpha channel for remove it but it was too late.

Last edited:
Guys I need some help... DDS files won't open on my Photoshop. I've installed the plugin but nothing works. It says "format did not parse the file" or something like that. I tried reinstalling but the problem persists.

Guys I need some help... DDS files won't open on my Photoshop. I've installed the plugin but nothing works. It says "format did not parse the file" or something like that. I tried reinstalling but the problem persists.
Can you open the same .dds files in paint or picture viewer?

If not have you tried something like this?

http://www.irfanview.com/

Last edited:
I know you already can open dds files with the programme ML mentioned you but haven't you thought that you installed the dds plugin into a incorrect place/folder? Happened to me also at the first time but then I showed the location of the photoshop folder to the installation programme and it worked like charm.

I know you already can open dds files with the programme ML mentioned you but haven't you thought that you installed the dds plugin into a incorrect place/folder? Happened to me also at the first time but then I showed the location of the photoshop folder to the installation programme and it worked like charm.
Apparently it was a problem with the DDS file themselves, I got it sorted out. The software is useful so I keep it.

dms1408ap298.jpg

guys, i just want to ask something. what is the name of the logo below both Hilton HHonors and Akzonobel logo? i want to (re)make my Mclaren into DHD form

I'm trying to edit the names in the database.bin file with EGO editor. But when I played the game, this happens:

Say, for example, I set the first_name_string_id to "Dick" and the surname_string_id to "Harry", the game renders it as "db_Harry".

Can someone help me fix this?

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 47 9.2%
  • Monthly

Votes: 21 4.1%
  • Yearly

Votes: 32 6.3%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 12 2.4%