Modding Requests Thread

Sorry, but in this forum you can only use English. Use google translate, the translation is usually good enough to allow us to understand you.

These mod requests should be posted here :-

http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/modding-questions-thread.68653/unread

I am merging this thread into it .... :)

sorry, I'm new and was wrong in the thread. I'm 54 years old and my english is already sooooo long ago. ok, again my request again:watch as the picture i would like to have an OSD for f1 2013. So the ONLY scripture, without background beams. I have downloaded my RPE. pssg editor, but my english is not good, so I do not get along with the editor. There used to be a [RDDev] Simple OSD, which is also nice. this is only death dowload. for your help I would be very grateful. warm greetings from germany michael

I am taking input on the following aspects of the game:

1. Tracks where the tyre wear is too high (especially could use input on tracks later in the season)
2. Specific corners where the AI brakes too early or corners too slowly

Please send me a message so as to not make a mess of this thread

Also, if anyone could make an OSD mod where the rpm indicator in the lower right is removed...I will make love to you :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Hello! I would like to have a helmet to use on this game and as an avatar ;)

The base is the helmet below:
SennaPlatinumC.gif

SennaPlatinumA.gif

What I would like for me, is the removal of the sponsors, replacement of the Senna name to ''the_sigman'', and the addition of a red stripe all along the bottom side of the helmet. Silver can stay like that or be chrome, but I wouldn't like it to darken more. :)

Thanks, the_sigman :)

Could somebody explain more, why mirroring makes custom textures impossible? At least I can make my own textures to classic cars without any problems.
Because of the numbers of logos in the first place. For example if i put one logo to the texture it could be in 3 different place on the car . This was a short example.

Because of the numbers of logos in the first place. For example if i put one logo to the texture it could be in 3 different place on the car . This was a short example.
Ok. But I think casual players wouldn't mind if there are same logos there and here.

Still wouldn't look good. For example if we will get to see the 2014 cars it will be impossible to remake them in this game. Only in 2012 is possible.
Maybe someone will still find a way through that before that happens. I myself promise to decrypt and look into the code. Maybe a few lines from F1 2012 to replace few lines from F1 2013 will do the trick.

Maybe someone will still find a way through that before that happens. I myself promise to decrypt and look into the code. Maybe a few lines from F1 2012 to replace few lines from F1 2013 will do the trick.
It's not the line itself it's the texture mapping which you can't change otherwise the model would be screwed up. ML said it himself. He knows all this because he will release all the models.There's no way to solve this problem unfortunately. Let's say CM won in this case against modders.

It's not the line itself it's the texture mapping which you can't change otherwise the model would be screwed up. ML said it himself. He knows all this because he will release all the models.There's no way to solve this problem unfortunately. Let's say CM won in this case against modders.
Well, atleast it is not impossible to have next season with updated driver lineup only. :)

(and with track updates, excl. the new tracks)

Well, atleast it is not impossible to have next season with updated driver lineup only. :)

(and with track updates, excl. the new tracks)
Yeah but with 2013 cars it's not the same as 2014 ones. So i guess we will see a 2014 season mod for f1 2012 game at least because this game mades impossible to skin cars.

I can make that for one helmet at least. Whose Ferrari helmet you could want to see with tobacco logos and from which year?
OK! thx I think Shumi helmet is one and 198.. like a ferrary in classic mode 80. I ll try copy logos to the second pilot helmet myself

Last edited:
Well, now that the helmet models have been mapped thanks to ML and any others who were involved in that project, I would love if someone could update Kimi Raikkonen's helmet.

Codemasters missed the little red and white streaks within the black triangle thing on top of his helmet. I'm sure there's several other helmets they haven't gotten completely right, but this one I noticed immediately.

Untitled.png

Yeah but with 2013 cars it's not the same as 2014 ones. So i guess we will see a 2014 season mod for f1 2012 game at least because this game mades impossible to skin cars.

But I thought 2014 skins would be possible just with some limitations with logo placement. The car would still resemble the 2014 version.

If not do you plan to do 2014 skins for the 2012 game?

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 486 69.1%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 298 42.4%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 322 45.8%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 150 21.3%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 193 27.5%
Back