Modernizing GTR2 with the Crew Chief GTR2 Enhancements Plugin

Man this looks pretty intimidating. Just switched to pc after 15 years of console gaming. And boy is the learning curve steep. But I do like the looks of this game.. I allready bought it on Steam but now have to find the time and energy to roll up my sleeves and dig into this..

Man this looks pretty intimidating. Just switched to pc after 15 years of console gaming. And boy is the learning curve steep. But I do like the looks of this game.. I allready bought it on Steam but now have to find the time and energy to roll up my sleeves and dig into this..
Trust me, you will not be dissapointed, this is one of the CLASSICS man! Welcome to the PC Master Race

As Crew Chief application development has slowed down, I am sharing updates of Crew Chief GTR2 Enhancements Plugin outside of the app. In order to run this you would need to update Plugin files manually.
I suggest unchecking "Update game plugins on startup" CC app Property so that CC does not try to restore old plugin.

Today new version 3.2.0.0 is out with some significant fixes and new ways of improving GTR2 image quality: https://thecrewchief.org/showthread...-Known-Issues-and-Changelog&p=11162#post11162

As Crew Chief application development has slowed down, I am sharing updates of Crew Chief GTR2 Enhancements Plugin outside of the app. In order to run this you would need to update Plugin files manually.
I suggest unchecking "Update game plugins on startup" CC app Property so that CC does not try to restore old plugin.

Today new version 3.2.0.0 is out with some significant fixes and new ways of improving GTR2 image quality: https://thecrewchief.org/showthread...-Known-Issues-and-Changelog&p=11162#post11162
Thank you for your help and for trying! I'm not sure either, I am just getting use to waiting for the blip (using autoclutch) and then shifting down again and it's been working for the most part. Also thank you for letting me know the update game plugins on startup option as I was not sure what was causing it to not update the crew chief ini file. You seem very knowledgable on this. Are there any of the ini file settings you recommend giving a try?

Also I am thinking about setting up another game instance for power and glory. Do you have any tips on doing this that I could run into?

You seem very knowledgable on this.
I am the author of this plugin that's why :) I cannot tell you what to enable, because the best approach is to see the manual and decide what you want/need. Manual also explains how to configure it for PnG. It is here:

I think the most important is:

* Learn how to enable DXVK
* Since you enjoy HQ cars, enable wipers and additional data pages - GTR233 enabled those features for HQ cars.
* I would also dare to say that... stock FFB is too outdated. So I would suggest investing time into learning FFB enhancements by this plugin.
* If you like PnG understanding gearbox features is especially important. One of my demo patches is for DTM Classics mod, which is H-Shifted and may be used as starting point for PnG.
* If you want to see how I use this plugin myself, search for "CCGEP Patch" at trackaholics website. There I share my sample settings carefully crafted for specific series/class. My goal is realism and accuracy of representation of real motorsport series.

Last edited:

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 182 87.5%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 34 16.3%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 28 13.5%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 29 13.9%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 59 28.4%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 73 35.1%