Tracks Mosport 2021 (CTMP) [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tremendous job John - thanks very much! This is by far the most realistic implementation of Mosport that I've seen yet - right down to the way the car sways at speed on the back straight. About the only thing missing is the compression point half way through turn two although I'm not sure that's something that can be properly conveyed through a sim wheel. I can't wait to try this out in VR - I suspect it will be the next best thing to being there.

Regards,

ps.

There was a list of things to do lol
- overhead wires from utility poles and speakers (done)
- edge between road patches and old asphalt (done)
- dynamic visual groove (done)
- update tree textures (done)
- new pit building (done)

And still in that list:
- pinty’s restaurant behind the fuel station, found good reference
- finish texturing 3 or so objects behind the pits
- bake AO from trees and objects onto the main track texture

And a few more things to tidy it up. Won’t be long till the 1.0 :thumbsup:

maybe .... in case you will plan a historic version :)

Mosport 1969:
fhYaXBi.jpg

4LGyay2.jpg

m1voMLN.jpg

EoEhk0d.jpg

I have installed version 1.0 but am getting a CTD when the game moves from the setup menu to the start of a race. I can hear the other cars race off and my inputs work but the visuals disappear. (Version 0.8 of your mod worked fine with Content Manager.)

I think I followed the installation instructions correctly. Please can you tell me what I have to do to deinstall files so I can try a fresh reinstall? Thank you.

Last edited:
I have installed version 1.0 but am getting a CTD when the game moves from the setup menu to the start of a race. I can hear the other cars race off and my inputs work but the visuals disappear. (Version 0.8 of your mod worked fine with Content Manager.)

I think I followed the installation instructions correctly. Please can you tell me what I have to do to deinstall files so I can try a fresh reinstall? Thank you.
Probably old Shader Patch configs that reference the old version of the track. Try deleting them.

Probably old Shader Patch configs that reference the old version of the track. Try deleting them.
It shouldn't, folder name is completely different. V1.0 also includes both vao and extension files inside the track folder which have priority over anything else.

But because the config uses [Material_DistantEmissive], it requires at least CSP p140 to work, provided the included shader files on \system were properly installed too. @Stephen O'Sullivan

Really loving the 1.0... having a blast with it. But... any chance the ai line could get a little attention ? The carnage at Moss corner is something to behold :) Please don't take this as a criticism, the track is gorgeous! Just needs a teeny tiny tweak for the robot drivers !

Really loving the 1.0... having a blast with it. But... any chance the ai line could get a little attention ? The carnage at Moss corner is something to behold :) Please don't take this as a criticism, the track is gorgeous! Just needs a teeny tiny tweak for the robot drivers !

It really is down to the type of car. This track is one that probably needs 2-3 different types of AI line recordings to deal with F1, DPis, street cars...

I did the best i could to try and accommodate them all, even a hint file, which is something you could tweak yourself by the way. Did a race with the Porsche GT3 cup cars and no carnage....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 148 65.5%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 102 45.1%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 107 47.3%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 40 17.7%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 64 28.3%
Back